1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo 700w for about a year. I've never had any problem with Activesync, but suddenly this week it has stopped working. I was using 4.1, but I upgraded to 4.5. Still won't sync. I've reset the Treo (about a million times). Still no sync. Rebooted the PC. Sync NOT!

It says "Looking for Changes" for about 5 minutes and then gives me a "synchronization failed" message. The treo is connected. I can explore, copy, and paste files. But no sync.

What's going on???
    Did you ever do Treo 700w upgrade when it came out several months ago? If not, that is probably your problem. There is a temporary fix you can try instead of upgrading:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=111766
    active sync 4.5 wont work with the 700wx yet only version 4.2 or 4.1 or 4.0

and for the issue with not syncing before try start<programs<usb switch and try again
    Last edited by melinator; 03/02/2007 at 10:39 PM.
    I use 4.5 with my Treo 700wx and I have no problems with it.

I was Bluetooth AS til yesterday, but USB AS works.

Working on the BT problem now.

-Chris
    did you delete your parternship and try again?
    ActiveSync 4.5 does work with 700WX, the only caveat with 4.5 is when it is connected via USB, Exchange Server folders cannot be synchronized at the same time with laptop/PC folders while version 4.2 can at the same time. Depending on your laptop/PC configuration of other applications/firewall setup, you may need to switch your USB connection from using RNDIS USB to Serial USB - see the link from Palm website: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...tch/index.html

Cheers,
    Tony
    SF, CA
  7.    #7  
    ARRRGH! I forgot for several months to delete those files in /Windows/Temp/ !! Does the Treo updater solve that problem? Guess I better install that.
    Quote Originally Posted by srharris View Post
    ARRRGH! I forgot for several months to delete those files in /Windows/Temp/ !! Does the Treo updater solve that problem? Guess I better install that.
    Yep. Solves that problem and causes others. If you are fine otherwise, just use Space Reclaimer or a similar app to delete those files. There are freebies that do the job.
    This file saved me from throwing my laptop and Treo through the window...