1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I constantly have to soft-reset my Treo with the stylus, because PDANet doesn't "clean up" after itself very well, especially when the app is terminated improperly. I have "mreset" on my 650, which is great for just doing a quick reset. Does anyone know if there's something similar for the 750?

Also, I can't take the Today screen anymore. I need a good launcher, so I can quick-launch apps and streamline my "desktop" without going through several layers all the time. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!
    Sounds to me like either Spb Pocket Plus or SBSH iLauncher is what you are looking for. Both offer Today launchers and even soft reset and power off icons. I used Spb for years and now I am using iLauncher for the Treo. iLaucher has some really cool features that make it a bit better than Pocket Plus.

However, you should know that if your device locks up, no software will be able to soft reset your device and you will need to use the side soft reset button.

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    ck out Treo Launcher.
    http://palmgadget.com/lnchr.html
    Good Luck
    Ummmm...isn't that a Palm applicaton?

A similar Pocket PC application is Conduits Pocket Launcher, which is just release at version 3.
    http://conduits.com/products/launcher/
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I've tried just about all of them. I like iLauncher the most. But, it's not free, and it is much more than just a launcher and soft reset app. Just my 2cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Ummmm...isn't that a Palm applicaton?

A similar Pocket PC application is Conduits Pocket Launcher, which is just release at version 3.
    http://conduits.com/products/launcher/

Sorry,
    I must have been day dreaming. I've deleted the post.
    tks
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 03/02/2007 at 02:19 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Hi everyone,

I constantly have to soft-reset my Treo with the stylus, because PDANet doesn't "clean up" after itself very well
    There isn't any reason to install PDAnet on a treo 750.

Simply unistall it.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Another free reset program:
    http://ppcsoft.narod.ru/english/
    does anyone know of a programatic hard reset that doesn't prompt the user for confirmation?
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    does anyone know of a programatic hard reset that doesn't prompt the user for confirmation?
    HARD reset? Isn't that kind of dangerous? IMHO, I would want to be alerted if I was going wipe my device clean.

If you mean soft reset, the softreset.exe app does a soft reset without confirmation.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    There isn't any reason to install PDAnet on a treo 750.

Simply unistall it.
    hehe...Yea, I know I don't need it, but it just works very well for the most part. And I've heard from PLENTY of people that it SUPPOSEDLY *hides* the fact that I'm tethering from Cingular. Is that true to your knowledge or in your opinion?

Also, how would I set up tethering without PDANet? I'm just so used to it that I never bothered on either my 650 or 750 to look for alternatives.

Thanks dude!
  11.    #12  
    Thanks for the links. I've downloaded them both and am going to install them shortly.

Also, to everyone: Due to the limited desktop space on the 240x240 screen, I'd like to get a launcher where I can create shortcuts to what I want so I don't have to constantly go through several layers of clicking. I'd also love to have Lakers wallpaper. I found it on Google images, but have no idea as to how to put that in as the background.

Thanks so much everyone!