Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    [edit] Whoops, forgot some explanation...
    [edit] Updated Code (3/3/07)

The attached MortScripts are for Treo 700w, yet might work (with minor mods) on other Windows Mobile devices. The intent of the PhoneON and PhoneOFF scripts are to provide a logical alternative to the "FLIGHT MODE ON" and "FLIGHT MODE OFF" voice commands, which are, in my forward thinking brain, backwards. Not to get too deep into the bowels of my brain, I would think that when you board a flight and want to turn your phone OFF, you'd use the word OFF in your voice command. Also, I typically "ACTIVATE" a mode, which might turn something on or off.

Anyway, I created the scripts and gave them voice-commandable names that made sense in my book. As always with scripts than spew from me, install them in or below the \windows\start menu\
    so they're callable with a voice command.

Both sets of utils make calls to wrlsmgr.exe, which I think is a common WM5 executable.

If you don't mind, I'd like some beta testers to see if these scripts work on 700 WX and/or other phones. They're supposed to open the wireless manager dialogue, make a mouse click, then close the window.

Enjoy,

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jdcochran; 03/03/2007 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Updated .mscr to use generic variables and to save last command
    testing for you now. do I call them out like there labeled?

phone on, phone off, ect
    ok, I have tested this on the sprint treo 700wx.

at first I couldn't get it to work. I kept saying " phone on... phone off" and nothing was happing. then I thought to myself. if this were a program, which the phone thinks it is, I would need to say " open phone on... open phone off". lol

everything works fine here for me. bluetooth and phone. as long as you say "open".

cody

I may not be able to write em, but I can test em.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, I have tested this on the sprint treo 700wx.

at first I couldn't get it to work. I kept saying " phone on... phone off" and nothing was happing. then I thought to myself. if this were a program, which the phone thinks it is, I would need to say " open phone on... open phone off". lol

everything works fine here for me. bluetooth and phone. as long as you say "open".

cody

I may not be able to write em, but I can test em.
    me thinks Cody has haphazardly stumbled onto an undocumented feature of win voice command. I usually say "start" but "open" works for me too. gives me an idea for a new "magic" script...

"sesame.mscr".

-- jdc

(thanks, cody)
    Nice scripts jd!

I'll make good use of the bluetooth on/off scripts. After extensive testing I had some reliability problems. Here are my mods that work well for me.

Code:
    # BlueToothON.mscr
    # 
    # Turns BT OFF if ON, displays message if already OFF.
    # 
    #
    # Platform(s):	PPC
    #
    # PPC Tested:	Palm Treo 700w, Windows Mobile V5.1.195 Bld 14929.2.2.1
    #
    # Author: jdcochran@hotmail.com
    # Rel. 0.a  3.1.2007
    #
    # Release Note(s):  <none>
    # 
    # 

ThisScriptName = "BlueToothON.mscr"
    AppDir = "\Windows"
    App = "wrlsmgr.exe"
    AppWindowName = "Wireless Manager"

Call ReadBTStatus

If (BTState = 1)
    	SleepMessage (5, "BlueTooth is already ON... script will abort.", ThisScriptName, 1)
    	Exit
    EndIf

If (WndExists(AppWindowName))
        Show(AppWindowName)
    Else
        Run(AppDir \ App)
    EndIf

WaitForActive( AppWindowName, 10 )
    Sleep(1000)
    MouseClick( AppWindowName, 180, 50 )
    Sleep (5000)

Close (AppWindowName)
    #SendLeftSoft

Sub ReadBTStatus
    	BTState = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware\BTRadio", "RadioState")
    EndSub
    Code:
    # BlueToothOFF.mscr
    # 
    # Turns BT OFF if ON, displays message if already OFF.
    # 
    #
    # Platform(s):	PPC
    #
    # PPC Tested:	Palm Treo 700w, Windows Mobile V5.1.195 Bld 14929.2.2.1
    #
    # Author: jdcochran@hotmail.com
    # Rel. 0.a  3.1.2007
    #
    # Release Note(s):  <none>
    # 
    # 

ThisScriptName = "BlueToothOFF.mscr"
    AppDir = "\Windows"
    App = "wrlsmgr.exe"
    AppWindowName = "Wireless Manager"

Call ReadBTStatus

If (BTState = 0)
    	SleepMessage (5, "BlueTooth is already OFF... script will abort.", ThisScriptName, 1)
    	Exit
    EndIf

If (WndExists(AppWindowName))
        Show(AppWindowName)
    Else
        Run (AppDir \ App)
    EndIf
    WaitForActive( AppWindowName, 10 )
    Sleep(1000)
    MouseClick( AppWindowName, 180,50 )
    Sleep (3000)

Close (AppWindowName)
    #SendLeftSoft

Sub ReadBTStatus
    	BTState = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware\BTRadio", "RadioState")
    EndSub
    My intention is not to take away from this script, as I have tried it and it works great, but to let you know of an alternative program I have been using for this task for quite some time and is very efficient (and small). VJVolubilis from vijay555.com. You can turn on/off/toggle BT, radio, IR, etc. with or without a status message. And you could still set up shortcuts with similar command names for it...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    My intention is not to take away from this script, as I have tried it and it works great, but to let you know of an alternative program I have been using for this task for quite some time and is very efficient (and small). VJVolubilis from vijay555.com. You can turn on/off/toggle BT, radio, IR, etc. with or without a status message. And you could still set up shortcuts with similar command names for it...
    Great find.

He's got some good stuff there.

I still like the challenge of driving Morty around, tho.

-- JDC
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Nice scripts jd!

I'll make good use of the bluetooth on/off scripts. After extensive testing I had some reliability problems. Here are my mods that work well for me.

...[/CODE]
    Yo, Yoda... thanks.

I've incorporated your suggestions and a few more of my own in the latest upload to the initial post.

-- JDC
    One touch script utilizing Jd excellent work
    Drop script in programs then copy/past shortcut into windows/start menu
    On tap turn BT on and off...
    BlueToothON.mscr/BlueToothOFF.mscr
    Most be located mortscript folder
    For Trigger script to work.

Phil c

####################################################

#BLUETOOTH TRIGGER.mscr - Gives blueTooth ON/OFF MSCR LIFE WITH ONE SCREEN TAP

#SLiNG CREATIONS###Surflinez@hotmail.com

#Notes-BUILT TO USE WITH jdcochran/Bluethooth-ToggleON OFF-Rev0
    #BlueTooth on/off mscr must be in mortscript folder
    #
    B = RegRead("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State", "Bluetooth" )

If ( B = 1 )
    Call Blueon
    Else
    If ( B = 0 )
    Call Blueoff

EndIf

Sub Blueon

CallScript( "\Program Files\MortScript\BlueToothON.mscr" )

EndSub

Sub Blueoff

CallScript( "\Program Files\MortScript\BlueToothOFF.mscr" )

EndS
    You can refine that a little more by combining the on and off scripts into a bluetooth control script. Then use sling's script to set some vars that the control script can use such as whether to turn on or off and how long to sleep.

Please everyone start using SystemPath( "ScriptPath" ) to get your script path instead of hard coding path's to call dependent scripts.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/03/2007 at 12:38 PM.
    Yes yoda.I feel the force
    I like jd script but would it not be nice not having the bt screen pop up.
    PA has a way around this.
    There must be a value for check box
    Tap into that value alone then regread current creating trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I like jd script but would it not be nice not having the bt screen pop up.
    PA has a way around this.
    There must be a value for check box
    Tap into that value alone then regread current creating trigger.
    See my post above.
    Yes just noticed. I dont seem to be reading threads today
  15.    #15  
    Not sure what the users want here. I don't know what register to write to for bt on/off. I only know how to read status.

Not sure if everyone would want/use the Vijay app.

I can easily create a mode-toggling script as Sliing has done.

Is my work here done?

-- JDC
    Jd all looks good f,sure.What I want really shouldn't matter to be honest .Maybe a way around having the bt screen pop up was my interest not to be pushed on your build.Just thinking out loud

Phil C
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Not sure what the users want here. I don't know what register to write to for bt on/off. I only know how to read status.

Not sure if everyone would want/use the Vijay app.

I can easily create a mode-toggling script as Sliing has done.

Is my work here done?

-- JDC
    I think one script instead of 3 would be nice. Just have it toggle status as opposed to presenting a message. Its interesting that Slingbox and your scripts read different places in the registry to determine if the bluetooth radio is on.

edit: well one script instead of 2.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    I think one script instead of 3 would be nice. Just have it toggle status as opposed to presenting a message. Its interesting that Slingbox and your scripts read different places in the registry to determine if the bluetooth radio is on.

edit: well one script instead of 2.
    We'll see about making a single BT script. I still like the phone ON and OFF to be separate, tho.

as for sling's BT status in the registry... he seems to live in that section... where the lights and battery live. must be a power thing.

-- JDC
    Ya know after consideration 2 scripts is every bit as good as one. Dont worry about combining if you don't feel the need.
    JD,
    I noticed when using your bluetooth sript that mortsript creates a new script in my programs/motscript folder called again.mscr. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? When I tap on the script it just tells me that blutooth is already off and the script will abort. Bluetooth on and off both seem to be working fine.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast