Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hehehe some JD style..Great job codeman
    just a little something to do. you know what i mean.
    heheh yeah I know the feeling.Ive been playing in the P && fooleo forums and getting a hard time for my outstanding typing and spelling skills lol...So I'm playing with the AC.mscr in the Silver edition I dropped the sleep to 1100 and have no delay with power on
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Looks like I answered my own question. Stopping bta2dp.dll seems to have done the trick. You guys are awesome! This should be a good stop-gap until Palm can figure out what the f*** they're doing. Thanks!!!
    I'm having a problem getting the bta2dp driver to start again. I'm using Task Manager v2.7 and when I try to start it I get a message that says "Device Load Error: The operation completed successfully"; however, it doesn't start (status remains at "Unloaded"). I just applied the newest patch from Palm 1.22) and I wanted to see if my wx will play nice with my BT8010 now that the Bluetooth stack has been updated. Any idea why I can't get the driver to load now? I even tried to reload it before I applied the patch and I was having the same problem.
    Last edited by psywzrd; 07/14/2007 at 01:46 PM.
    If you had my A2DP cab installed and you didn't uninstall it prior to the update you will need to hard reset and reload your apps.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey i know that this is a phone and bt on / off, but i was woundering if any of you know where i need to look in the registery in order for me to disconnect from the internet when its connected...i wanted to try and write a small script to disconnect from the net instead of having to click on the "G" and hit disconnect....any help from the masters would help me understand this mort thinggy...thanks
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If you had my A2DP cab installed and you didn't uninstall it prior to the update you will need to hard reset and reload your apps.

I didn't have the a2dp cab installed (I have a VZW 700wx so it had a2dp capabilities out of the box). I should be able to just start the driver again but it's not happening.
    Did you check the manual?

9.15.2 End connection (CloseConnection/Disconnect)
    CloseConnection
    Disconnect
    CloseConnection releases a connection that's been established with Connect. This only signals the
    system, MortScript won't use this connection anymore. It's up to the system how it reacts to this, so
    the connection might stay established.
    In spite to this, Disconnect terminates all connections, including ActiveSync. Sadly, since WM5
    AKU3, this doesn't work anymore. Currently, there's no known way to hang up a connection from a
    program.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I didn't have the a2dp cab installed (I have a VZW 700wx so it had a2dp capabilities out of the box). I should be able to just start the driver again but it's not happening.
    Dunno then. Sounds like a hard reset is in your future.
  9.    #69  
    Did you check the manual?
    Why should she? Given that there is no Hawaiian version.

- JDC
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Dunno then. Sounds like a hard reset is in your future.
    That's not going to happen. There's no way in hell I'm going to do a hard reset and then reinstall everything from scratch - it's way too much work. I could do a hard reset and then run a restore with Sprite but I don't think that would help me at all since it would just bring my phone right back to the state it's in now. I don't think the problem is with my phone anyway - I have a friend who has the same exact phone and disabled the bta2dp driver using Task Manager and he can't get the driver to reload either (he hasn't applied the latest patch from Palm). I think there may be a problem with the program itself so I'm hoping that dotfred can figure it out (I posted my problem over at buzzdev.net). This is definitely a weird one.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ohh sorry hannip i just checked the manual...now i have to read up on the manual and start trying to make my first script...now where do i start...
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    ohh sorry hannip i just checked the manual...now i have to read up on the manual and start trying to make my first script...now where do i start...
    where we all started... by morpohing someone else's code into our very own.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    thanks guys...well i thought that would be bad practice...thanks...going searching....well i have first searched the reg to find the status when the phone is connected and when its not connected well i searched (hklm\system\state\phone\status\) and when the phone is connected to the internet it gives me a decimal value of 943744 and 42995872 when its connected...i also checked (hklm\system\state\connections) and i cant find any value of 1 or 0 for when the phone is connected and disconnected...am i looking in the right direction...btw JD your bt on and off kind of fits the lines of what im looking to do...just to have a disconnect from the internet when its connected...thanks in advanced...
    Last edited by Rino808; 07/19/2007 at 06:27 AM.
  14.    #74  
    thanks guys...well i thought that would be bad practice...
    Nope... that's the norm. Feel free to 'speriment with any of "my" code.

...i also checked (hklm\system\state\connections) and i cant find any value of 1 or 0 for when the phone is connected and disconnected...am i looking in the right direction...btw JD your bt on and off kind of fits the lines of what im looking to do...just to have a disconnect from the internet when its connected...thanks in advanced...
    Try using hannip's suggestion before poking around the registry.

I think you can use a "connected" command to check if connected. Search manual for :

x = Connected()
    x = InternetConnected( [ URL ] )

-- JDC
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    thanks JD i hope you guys can be patient with me cause im a newbe to writing stuff like this...i have read the manual and was woundering if im on the right track...with this...

# Internet disconnect - disconnect from the internet when your phone is connected

x = connected ()
    x = Internetconnected ("http//:www.google.com")

If ( connected )
    CloseConnection

endIf
  16.    #76  
    lessee... yup, you're on the right track. It's merely trial and terror from here.

BTW, Mortie uses "x" in his manual for most of his code examples.

So, in your example, the 2nd "x" condition overwrites the first one, rendering it superfluous.

Not sure what phone you use. Unless it's a 700W, I can't help trubbleshoot your code.

I DO know that the following code works, which xcast.mscr uses to connect to the internet:
    ------------------------------------------------
    #Connect and Check internet status
    Set CurrConnected, 0
    CurrConnected = Connected()
    If (CurrConnected = 0)
    Connect "The Internet"
    EndIf
    If (CurrConnected = 0)
    Connect "The Internet"
    Sleep(2000)
    EndIf

-------------------------------------------------
    -- JDC
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    thanks JD, sorry im a newbie to all of this...i have a 750...so basicly if i wanted to disconnect it would be the opposite...one thing im confused with is what is CurrConnected... thanks in advanced...

#Connect and Check internet status
    Set CurrConnected, 1
    If (CurrConnected = 1)
    CloseConnection
    EndIf
    If (CurrConnected = 1)
    CloseConnection
    Sleep(2000)
    EndIf

would something like this work...also if it doesnt will i get an error message???
  18.    #78  
    CurrConnected is just an arbitrarily-assigned variable name. Its value is 1 if connected and 0 if not.

Try the code. Stars will not collide if it doesn't work.

You may also want to set up a continuous loop or a timer.

What's the purpose of the code?

-- JDC
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    okay JD thanks, well i tried the above and nothing...i cant seem to find the value of 1 when the internet is connected...sorry so many questions...trying to learn this thing...lol...
  20.    #80  
    okay JD thanks, well i tried the above and nothing...i cant seem to find the value of 1 when the internet is connected...sorry so many questions...trying to learn this thing...lol...
    Try doing some error trapping.

Display a message when connected (before the disconnect).

I don't have a 750 or I'd test for you.

-- JDC
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234