Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinger2 View Post
    JD,
    I noticed when using your bluetooth sript that mortsript creates a new script in my programs/motscript folder called again.mscr. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? When I tap on the script it just tells me that blutooth is already off and the script will abort. Bluetooth on and off both seem to be working fine.
    Eureka! My Master Plan has claimed yet another victim!

Actually, it's a convention that I've recently injected (some may say like a virus) into the standard way I create scripts from this point forward.

Its purpose is mainly for repeating voice commands to assist in troubleshooting.

No matter what voice command I issue that envokes a script... or no matter what script I run manually, the LAST script that ran can be re-run with AGAIN.MSCR.

If I'm troubleshooting and need to re-test.. all I have to do is say:

"Start Again" or "Open Again".

An added benefit... if it takes me 3 or 4 tries to get "Gobledeygook.mscr" to run via voice because it's too close in pronounciation to "Google.lnk" then I might try "again.mscr" if I decide to run "Gobledeygook.mscr" again any time soon.

Also, "Again.mscr" appears as the first script in my list (or at least near the top) when I browse to my MortScripts folder, because it starts with an "A".

If you don't want this (alleged) feature, then comment out the line in the controlling script that calls the subroutine.

Thanks for being the first to notice (publicly), by the way.

Regards,

-- JDC
    I saw that command line in your script after I opened up the script in notepad. Actually that is a nice feature. Great work on all the scripts, keep em coming.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinger2 View Post
    I saw that command line in your script after I opened up the script in notepad. Actually that is a nice feature. Great work on all the scripts, keep em coming.
    When you laugh at comedian... they get funnier.

When you pat a programmer on the back... they tend to disappear into oblivion.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks, btw.

-- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    When you laugh at comedian... they get funnier.

When you pat a programmer on the back... they tend to disappear into oblivion.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks, btw.

-- JDC
    hmmmmmmmmmmm or your CAB software starts crashing.That makes you want to disappear faster.
  5.    #25  
    I'm in NYC for 5 weeks, where CABs crashes are common. Hope they obey all "codes" while i'm here.
    Hello this script looks very nice however I get an error

Windows "Wireless Manager" could not be found line WaitforActive ( AppWindowName, 10 )

This scripts are located under \windows\start menu \programs\mortscript

My guess I have them in the wrong folder user error but I am a Newbie to Mortscript so I need to ask the question thank you !

I am using A TREO 700wx running WMV5
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by copilotsecurity View Post
    Hello this script looks very nice however I get an error

Windows "Wireless Manager" could not be found line WaitforActive ( AppWindowName, 10 )

This scripts are located under \windows\start menu \programs\mortscript

My guess I have them in the wrong folder user error but I am a Newbie to Mortscript so I need to ask the question thank you !

I am using A TREO 700wx running WMV5
    If you have Voice Commands tied to a button, then:

Upload this script to the same dir... Using manual means... drive your menus to the Wireless Manager. With the Wireless Manager window active (don't close it yet)... issue a voice command:

"Start GetWindowName"

Hopefully, the name of the window will appear as a message.

Let me know the results.

OR... there must be an .exe in the windows dir with the name: "wrlsmgr.exe". Anything similar?

OR... does anyone else with a 700wx know what's going on here?

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sprint wx has the wrlsmgr.exe file in \Windows.
    this seams to be an older topic, but I am in need of a script. I need a script that turns bt on and off with out the bt window poping up. I reread the thread, but am uncertain if anyone ever figured this out. it doesn't matter if it is one "toggle" script or two separate scripts. I would just like to not see the window popup.

thanks, cody
    Cody, check out zbop's tweakster app. It uses a tool written by vjay555 to turn on and off the bluetooth.

The tool is http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJVolubilis
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Cody, check out zbop's tweakster app. It uses a tool written by vjay555 to turn on and off the bluetooth.

The tool is http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJVolubilis
    is this really my only other option? not exactly what I had in mind.
    well since MortScript doesn't offer support for turning on/off bluetooth you have to use another tool. It's not something you can just tweak a registry value it and will just happen. This is a small tool. Nothing different than using TreoLED or LEDUp which we use now. What did you have in mind that this doesn't solve?
    Hmm What Was That Bt App That I Used Some Time Back That Set At The Bottom Of My Today Screen.it Had An Icon With A Red / Through It When Bt Was Not Active.that App Is The Hack To What You Are Trying To Do Codeman
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    well since MortScript doesn't offer support for turning on/off bluetooth you have to use another tool. It's not something you can just tweak a registry value it and will just happen. This is a small tool. Nothing different than using TreoLED or LEDUp which we use now. What did you have in mind that this doesn't solve?
    True, but I understand where cody is coming from, the approach is just not ideal for a couple of reasons.

1) There are very few command-line utilities for wm5.
    2) You need to check (or at least you should) with the author before bundling their executables with your installer. If they don't want you doing it, then it complicates the install process.
    3) The alternative is to try something with mortscript and involves bringing up windows, sending keypresses and other hacky stuff.

Anyways, I've been toying with the idea of a "general-purpose DLL hooker" utility that would allow you to create text definitions of routines (to access WM5 API functions). This would allows us to build up a library of code that extends mortscript without some of the other complications listed above. I haven't really formalized how it would work yet though, still need to chew on it...
    So where is waldo?

Our resident jokester is still missing?
    Yeah, good points zbop. I forgot that vijay's tool had it's own cab install and some restrictions.

Jd fell off the face of treocentral. I hope everything is alright and he just got sick of us for not laughing at his jokes.
    ok. i hacked up jd script i came up with this... still shows window, but it is one toggle script.

i just need jd permission to use it in treo alert.

hey jd... can i use it?

here is the script...

#BLUETOOTH.mscr

AppDir = "\Windows"
    App = "wrlsmgr.exe"
    AppWindowName = "Wireless Manager"
    BTState = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware\BTRadio", "RadioState")

#turn bluetooth on

If (BTState = 0)
    Run (AppDir \ App)
    WaitForActive( AppWindowName, 10 )
    Sleep(1000)
    MouseClick( AppWindowName, 180, 50 )
    Sleep (5000)
    Close (AppWindowName)
    EndIf

#turn bluetooth off

If (BTState = 1)
    Run (AppDir \ App)
    WaitForActive( AppWindowName, 10 )
    Sleep(1000)
    MouseClick( AppWindowName, 180,50 )
    Sleep (3000))
    Close (AppWindowName)
    EndIF
    jd...

1. is there a reason the sleep count is were it is at?

2. can i shorten the on part to 3 seconds like the off?

3. does it take longer to turn on?
    What I would prefer personally is if there were an option to open the bluetooth settings from TA 6.2 full. You know the same settings that you get when you click on the bt icon in there carrier bar. Just turning on bt is only part of what you need to do a lot of the time, at least for me. I know zbop had a way to open up the various settings. I'll dig around and try to find how to do it. If you are there zbop you can save me some time if you know off the top of your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    jd...

1. is there a reason the sleep count is were it is at?

2. can i shorten the on part to 3 seconds like the off?

3. does it take longer to turn on?
    Yes it does take longer to turn on. I posted my fixes with the perfect sleep times and fixed an issue with the wireless manager not opening if you hit Ok instead of Done the last time you used it. I give you permission to use my version.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...93&postcount=5
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast