1.    #1  
    This script will run the Slinghann Treo Keylight script, then run TomTom, then run the keylight script again once TomTom closes. From Hannip (like a lot of others).

I made myself a shortcut on my Treo with the TomTom icon, but for some reason I'm having issues when transferring it to my computer. Once I figure it out (or if someone can point me in the right direction), I'll upload the shortcut as well.

Code:
    # TomTom.mscr - Toggles keylights, runs TomTom, toggles keylights again after close.
    #
    # As written, set up to use the shortcut from the Slinghann Treo Keylight cab installer.

Run( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Treo Keylight.lnk" )

RunWait( "\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe" )

Here's the shortcut as well (I had to change it to a text file before copying it over to my comp. Change the location of the script if necessary, and rename it to a .lnk file once on your Treo. That should do the trick).

TomTom.lnk with TomTom icon.
    Code:
    104#"\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript\TomTom.mscr"?\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe,-101
    Last edited by kaiguy; 03/01/2007 at 10:38 PM.
    Is this to prevent the backlight from going out while using TomTom?
  3.    #3  
    This is to toggle the keylights so they don't eat up your battery while using TomTom. Are you having trouble with your backlight going off? I've never had that happen once, even running on batteries.
    yep, backlight goes off and treo goes to sleep. this breaks the bluetooth connection to the gps unit. didn't happen on my older 700w, but because of a radio problem, vzw sent me a replacement 700w. i'm trying to figure out why it's happening. played around with backlight and power settings, but have been unsuccessful. also been browsing/posting on various threads, but haven't had much luck.
    regwrite value in keylight uses a toggle.When tomtom is starting that value and tomtom will not always get along.
    Stand alone with tomtom running
    If you turn keylights off it will clear tomtom taking you to today screen.TomTom is still running and will need icon tap to once again be visible.
    A way of getting around this clash in script would to be to activate keylights off.
    Sleep 5000 then TomTom start.

UPDATE,
    Sleep 800
    RunWait( "\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe" )
    Sleep 800

Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/02/2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    You could also write a regread in there as well for the Ky10 value.if at (4) don't call Treo keylight.That way if your in a rush not noticing your keylights are already off when activation of script it does not turn the lights on when tomtom app activated.

Phil C
  7.    #7  
    That's a good idea sling. Instead of running the keylight script, just implement it into the TomTom script itself. That will ensure it's not toggling the keylights on instead when you really want it to toggle off...

On a side note, I just used TomTom for a while today and my screen never blanked. I wonder why jephwhy is having that problem.
    It may very well be the 700w.The memory is less thus speed at times will slow.That toggle kicks in at the same time tomtom starts is very well the problem.
    A question for you.
    How in the heck are you changing the icon,s.Ive been trying to figure it out for over an hour.lol
    Some step by step direction would be great.

Phil C
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    That's a good idea sling. Instead of running the keylight script, just implement it into the TomTom script itself. That will ensure it's not toggling the keylights on instead when you really want it to toggle off...

On a side note, I just used TomTom for a while today and my screen never blanked. I wonder why jephwhy is having that problem.
    You can still use the keylight inturnmaking much easy so you wouldnt have to back it up with another ScreenOff ky10:4

Your script is sitting pretting right now
    just have a regread on
    (OFF)= ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )

If (OFF) is active have it not call keylight just start TomTom blah blah
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    It may very well be the 700w.The memory is less thus speed at times will slow.That toggle kicks in at the same time tomtom starts is very well the problem.
    A question for you.
    How in the heck are you changing the icon,s.Ive been trying to figure it out for over an hour.lol
    Some step by step direction would be great.

Phil C
    Here's what I did. I downloaded this program from xda-developers:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=275577
    It doesn't have great square screen support, and the icon browser is painfully slow, but this allows you to create/edit shortcuts and link to an .exe or.dll for the icon.

However, a manual method may be easier if you take the time to learn how to do it. Take a look at the links I posted in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=479

There's some good resources. Download RViewer (http://mobile-sg.com/software/?p=RViewer&platform=ppc); it is a simple program to look at the icon resource id of .exe's and .dll's. So, for instance, you'd find that TomTom Navigator.exe's icon is at id #101. So then you could create a shortcut (in a text editor) linking to that id. As an example, the shortcut from above is:

104#"\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript\TomTom.mscr"?\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe,-101

The 104# is the total number of characters in the shortcut text after the # sign and before the last comma including spaces. Then you have the shortcut target. Then you have the program you're pulling the icon from, then the resource id.
    Maybe using RViewer to get the id and shortcut creator to link the icon may be the best approach.

Hope this wasn't too confusing.
    Last edited by kaiguy; 03/02/2007 at 05:19 PM.
    104#"\Program Files\MortScript\TomTom.mscr"?\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe,-101

You were missing a couple words-Program<<Files
    not needed-Start menu
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    How to Use TomTom shortcut to actavate TomTom.mscr

1)Copy past TomTom Navigation shortcut to SD card.
    2)Put Sd card in PC
    3)Open notepad
    4)Drag Shortcut to notePad
    5)Remove-104#"\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe,-101
    6)ADD-104#"\Program Files\MortScript\TomTom.mscr"?\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe,-101
    7)Save
    8)Put Sd card back in treo
    9)Copy/Past TomTom Navigation shortcut to window/start menu/Programs

Your good to go
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/02/2007 at 06:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    KAI,

Would you know how to remove the annoying legal Notice at Startup of TomTom?

Thanks
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    I turned the Bubble Breaker game Icon into the treo keylight icon.Looks much better f,sure.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    104#"\Program Files\MortScript\TomTom.mscr"?\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe,-101

You were missing a couple words-Program<<Files
    not needed-Start menu
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    How to Use TomTom shortcut to actavate TomTom.mscr

1)Copy past TomTom Navigation shortcut to SD card.
    2)Put Sd card in PC
    3)Open notepad
    4)Drag Shortcut to notePad
    5)Remove-104#"\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe,-101
    6)ADD-104#"\Program Files\MortScript\TomTom.mscr"?\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe,-101
    7)Save
    8)Put Sd card back in treo
    9)Copy/Past TomTom Navigation shortcut to window/start menu/Programs

Your good to go
    The only difference between our two shortcuts is you put your scripts in the \Program Files\MortScript folder (or a subfolder above that, right?). I put all of mine in the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript folder so a) they all are in the same place, and b) I can assign them to a button if need be. It's just my personal preference for how I have mine set up.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    KAI,

Would you know how to remove the annoying legal Notice at Startup of TomTom?

Thanks
    Sorry, I don't. You could probably have MortScript click the Accept button, but like most GPS programs (stand alone devices included), they all have those required legal notices.
    I make all of the cab program Tree file drops in the mortscript folder.
    I think a great idea would to create a new folder called (Mortscript Programs)
    That way were all on the same page.Cab drop go's to
    Programs/Mortscript Programs
  17.    #17  
    That's why I've been using the Start Menu\Programs\MortScript folder since MortScript creates it by default. But if we can get a consensus on it, I'm down to change my habits, if need be
    Kaiguy I wrote up something pretty simple that will disable keylights When TomTom starts.If lights are already off They dont turn on.

# TomTom.mscr - Diables keylight on TomTom Navagation start
    ######SLiNG CREATIONS###Surflinez@hotmail.com######
    #Notes-Treo keylight mscr location-Mortscript folder
    #
    Run( "\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe" )
    Z = RegRead("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:" )

If ( Z = 0 )
    Call Slinghann

Sub Slinghann

CallScript( "\Program Files\MortScript\Treo Keylight.mscr" )

19.    #19  
    The order won't cause TomTom to minimize to the Today screen? Nice idea for the regread of the state.
    TomTom will only minimize when Bluetooth is acive on keylight toggle .We beat the blueTooth giving keylights off with tomtom alive on today screen