Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    okay jd well i was on the road when i was trying to make the changes that you stated to change...so i used total commander....what i did was change the ini to pwi made the changes and then changed it back to ini...should i have just made the changes with the pc first then sync it back to the phone...yeah i was also stumped then i got that error cause i did change the file back to ini...

UPDATE:
    well i just edited the ini file from pc and sync it back to the 750 and what do you know it works now..sorry for all the trouble...well i got another question...it will update every hour right...the phone doesnt have to always be connected to the internet for the update right??? thanks again
    Last edited by Rino808; 03/14/2007 at 06:02 PM.
    safest is to use an Notepad and save as default text format, or use Wordpad and save to plain or Unicode Text (I think).

-- JDC
    My xcast has been rendered unusable.

Call me dumb, but I didn't make a backup before I made the 24hr related changes.

G-Funkster, can you take a look at this version and analyze my error(s)?

Thanks,

John

[Edit -- disregard request... all is well again]
    Last edited by jdcochran; 03/14/2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: I'm a doofus.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yeah thanks for you help jd...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    yeah thanks for you help jd...

So, what's the weather like in Hawaii?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well it was puring rain yesterday, but today is a cool 76 degrees...btw are you having trouble with xcast on the updates...everytime i update xcast it give me 2p:76(76/69) showers@2p...but its sunny...is it updating right or is there a glitch....thanks again...
    well it was puring rain yesterday, but today is a cool 76 degrees...btw are you having trouble with xcast on the updates...everytime i update xcast it give me 2p:76(76/69) showers@2p...but its sunny...is it updating right or is there a glitch....thanks again...
    there's a glitch. I suspected an anomaly but couldn't prove it until it rained in NYC. I'll post yet another version that (properly) incorporates g-funksters recent edits and that checks if you're in a call during the update time. to answer your other questions....

wait .... there's my pizza...

later,

jdc
    okay jd well i was on the road when i was trying to make the changes that you stated to change...so i used total commander....what i did was change the ini to pwi made the changes and then changed it back to ini...should i have just made the changes with the pc first then sync it back to the phone...yeah i was also stumped then i got that error cause i did change the file back to ini...
    I think we all know what happened here, don't we? Should we air the dirty laundry or go on with our lives... watching the forecast every minute?

UPDATE:
    well i just edited the ini file from pc and sync it back to the 750 and what do you know it works now..sorry for all the trouble...well i got another question...it will update every hour right...the phone doesnt have to always be connected to the internet for the update right??? thanks again
    If you leave the .ini settings as I posted, then yes... every hour.

The phone "wakes up" if asleep and executes the code.

The internet connection is a low-level connect. If you're in range of a tower, then it will connect. If any of the following is true, then xCast will abort the current run, but cleverly, it will update the notification queue to try again at the next scheduled time interval:

-- internet connection cannot be made
    -- you are on the phone in an active call
    -- the phone radio is turned off
    -- connected to Active Sync on Treo 700w << late-breaking edit >>

At least, if you have a Treo 700w, then I know this works. For the other models, I'll need to get some help with what code works.

-- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 03/14/2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added Active Sync comment
    OK, this latest version of xCast.mscr incorporates some (more) significant revisions.

- added check for Active Sync on Treo 700w (internet won't connect)
    - added logic to check if phone radio was on and if phone call was active
    - added G-funksters contributions from 2 times today.

1) he fixed the hour display so it represents the hour of the last update
    2) he read my mind and provided code for simple indication of whether the forecasted precip is "@" Today or "+" Tomorrow.

- added more precipitation dosplay codes/conditions found at:

http://www.asias.faa.gov/aviation_st...dy/wcodes.html

Note that some of the precip strings will scroll off the screen. Better to not know the time than to not know the impending peril.

Now, what I'd like is to consolidate some of the model issues.

Please let me know if your model works like a treo 700w or 700wx regarding certain main features. Also, I'd like to know if you know that certian features DIDN'T work for your model yet you made minor edits and were successful.

I'm nearing the formal release of this app and the controlling app and I want to include all the model manips that I can.

Thanks, all, for all the testing, collaboration, and patience.

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Working brilliantly! Good job guys.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yes for the 750 everything is working....but yet i have another question...xcat does update when it supposed to, but the display will change back to cingular after a while...so if i dont look at my phone after the update and it changes back to cingular i will miss the weather forecast for that hour update...then i have to just run xcast again to get the info...is this supposed to happen or is the forecast supposed to stay up and not change to the service provider....thanks...also great work guys....im trying to catch up on my reading this mortscript manual so that i can contribute some scripts...
    yes for the 750 everything is working....but yet i have another question...xcat does update when it supposed to, but the display will change back to cingular after a while...so if i dont look at my phone after the update and it changes back to cingular i will miss the weather forecast for that hour update...then i have to just run xcast again to get the info...is this supposed to happen or is the forecast supposed to stay up and not change to the service provider....thanks...also great work guys....im trying to catch up on my reading this mortscript manual so that i can contribute some scripts...
    xcast writes to the same registry loc'n as other system apps that display service status and call status. some apps read the registry value before treading in the space then return it to its original val after executing. others don't. so, if one of those apps run, like turning the phone radio off ("No Service"), then you'll need to either wait for the next scheduled update or re-initiate xcast. I challenge you, however' to envoke xcast (directly) with a voice command. i've done it, but it wasn't easy.

-- JDC
    (e-signature sent via PalmŪ Treo 700w
    running a self-propelled MortScript
    commanded to execute by voice
    while driving a rental car handsfree in NYC betwixt thousands of taxi drivers who speak a common language...

... profanity.)

very nice. working good here on the sprint wx.

thanks jd and thoses who helped him.

cody
    Working nicely on my 700wx as well. Great work!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    oh nooos! Thunder @11p

Where is that thunder sound?
    Not in Hampton Roads but we are going to get 2" of precip
  17.    #137  
    jd: after testing it definitely seems that the @Now! was no longer working, and that there might have been an issue with the placement of the "+/@" code. I've made the very tiny changes, attached, please test!

Changes: Before the 'While((PrecipFound = 0' loop:
    Code:
    	Call PrecipFinder
    	If (PrecipFound <> 0)
    		FinalString = %Conditioner% & " @" & "Now!"
    	EndIf
    and within the loop:
    Code:
    		Call PrecipFinder
       		If (PrecipFound <> 0)
    			Call CalcuHour
    			If (NowHour24 < CurrentHour)
    				FinalString = %Conditioner% & " @" & %CurrentHour12%
    			Else
    				FinalString = %Conditioner% & " +" & %CurrentHour12%
    			EndIf
        		EndIf
    Last edited by g-funkster; 03/17/2007 at 12:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    oh nooos! Thunder @11p

Where is that thunder sound?
    I have hundreds more.

--- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    jd: after testing it definitely seems that the @Now! was no longer working, and that there might have been an issue with the placement of the "+/@" code. I've made the very tiny changes, attached, please test!

Tested and apparently functional. It is raining and it is now.

I was thinking, how do you decide what precip value to report?

If any precip now, then it comes first.

If any precip in forecast, and it's not precip now, then report future precip?

Also, I was thinking of user-defined Alarm precip condition or conditions.

If Ice, or Tornado, or gnarly curls, then Audible alarm.

WhaddaYa think?

-- JDC
    Here are FirstHand results of the SPOT ON accuracy of the current version of this very fine application.

I believe Spring fell back into Winter in NYC.

-- JDC

Attached Images Attached Images
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast