Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Hi JD-

I have that issue. Had it stuck at 7am this am, too. Then it worked at 3 and stuck at 4--if I remember correctly. Lots of attempts to manually update, too.
    did it rain today? was there precipitation in the area or was any forecast on the display?

funk - i'm suspecting a prollem with the time subroutine... the one that is is used for display.

hmmmmmmmm?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    No rain here in Northern Massachusetts. Just sort of overcast and cloudy.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    okay guys thanks for the quick response i did change the line in the ini to 700wx, and also in the mscr...and im getting a error....am i doing it right??? please help...btw the prior xcast worked great...thanks again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    okay guys thanks for the quick response i did change the line in the ini to 700wx, and also in the mscr...and im getting a error....am i doing it right??? please help...btw the prior xcast worked great...thanks again...

Was this the error?

"Current coding analysis prevents processing of weather data from Hawaii because the rest of the world is jealous"

Seriously, what's the error?

-- JDC
    I gotta say I'm loving this script. One thing I noticed today however is even though Xcast gets called every hour it seems it is stuck at the 4p data. Even when run manually. Is this because the source isn't being updated?
  6.    #106  
    is the precipitation hour also at 4p for you?
    Yes. Interesting. The ForceCast shows the update to be 10:25
  8.    #108  
    it's a bug in the current code, I let jd know about it. basically the global that calculates the 12hr formatted time for precipitation is used in the spot that indicates the time it checks is showing the precip time. If there was no precip then it would show the correct (current as of checked) hour.
    Ah ok, known bug.

I like the nice little touches like the flashing updating status that tells you when the next update will be.

That could be expanded to rotate between different types of data, but that would require a constantly running script I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    it's a bug in the current code, I let jd know about it. basically the global that calculates the 12hr formatted time for precipitation is used in the spot that indicates the time it checks is showing the precip time. If there was no precip then it would show the correct (current as of checked) hour.
    I dunno, I've tested this where I had a web page open to the same .xml as the zip code passed by xcast. I didn't see any "precip" strings in the current forecasted data.

Could I have screwed with your "Contents" variable.

Originally, you pared the list to a smaller and smaller subset.

Could we be reading something higher up in the list?

I have no doubt that the "no precip" current conditions are working properly.

However, I made no edits to your 2 subroutines regarding precip finder and hour calc.

As for the global variable staying persistent... wouldn't it be better to simply display the hour of the last xCast update?

-- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Ah ok, known bug.

I like the nice little touches like the flashing updating status that tells you when the next update will be.

That could be expanded to rotate between different types of data, but that would require a constantly running script I guess.
    Glad you like em. I had some OutOfTownDownTime the other night and got a little fancy.

I've been thinking of stealing that screen real estate for other notices... like...

"TimeToGo Fishin"

I also am considering a simple chimer to alert of an abrupt change in weather conditions. Maybe I'll go to the grocery store and record the thunder sounds when they spray the produce.

-- JDC
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    sorry the error was something like, error in line {wpi []....are any of you on a 750?...thanks again
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    As for the global variable staying persistent... wouldn't it be better to simply display the hour of the last xCast update?
    Confusions! That first displayed hour was indeed intended to display the hour of the xcast update. Just need to make the following changes:

Code:
    GetTime CurrentHour,mm,ss
    Call CalcuHour
    NowHour = %CurrentHour12%
    and
    Code:
    DisplayString = %NowHour% & ": " &FinalTemp & " (" & %CurrentHi% ....
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Confusions! That first displayed hour was indeed intended to display the hour of the xcast update. Just need to make the following changes:

Code:
    Call CalcuHour
    and
    Code:
    DisplayString = %NowHour% & ": " &FinalTemp & " (" & %CurrentHi% ....
    Yup, dat did it.

Now, it seems as if the forecasted precipitation is taken from sometime in the future. I assume this is the "dayf" section.

It would be nice if rain is detected for 5 pm tomorrow, that we designate it as such. Maybe,

Rain@5p (today)
    Rain+5p (tomorrow)

Thoughts?

-- John
    sorry the error was something like, error in line {wpi []....are any of you on a 750?...thanks again
    that looks greek to me.

if it's a Mort error, maybe you're not using the latest or not at least 4.0.0.RC11.

-- JDC
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i do have the latest mort final...well i try and start this over and load it up again...ill keep you all posted...thanks
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Rain@5p (today)
    Rain+5p (tomorrow)
    lol! I've been meaning to make that exact same change, with the exact same syntax (+) for the past 5 months, never got around to it

Add Here:
    Code:
    NowHour24 = %CurrentHour%
    Call CalcuHour
    Remove (delete where bold) these lines from the 'while ((PrecipFound..' loop:
    Code:
    		Call PrecipFinder
    		If (PrecipFound <> 0)
    			Call CalcuHour
    			FinalString = %Conditioner% & " @" & %CurrentHour12%
    		EndIf
    And add this before the next to the displaystring assignment:
    Code:
        If (PrecipFound <> 0)
    	Call CalcuHour
    	If (NowHour24 < CurrentHour)
    		FinalString = %Conditioner% & " @" & %CurrentHour12%
    	Else
    		FinalString = %Conditioner% & " +" & %CurrentHour12%
    	EndIf
        EndIf
        DisplayString = %NowHour% & ": " &FinalTemp & " (" & %CurrentHi% & %CurrentLo% & ") " & %FinalString%
    Should work!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    okay this is the error that im getting...Unknown command '{\pwi' and line {\pwi...any thoughts??? this is the error when i run xcast....
    okay this is the error that im getting...Unknown command '{\pwi' and line {\pwi...any thoughts??? this is the error when i run xcast....
    pwi is Pocket Word, right?

I'm stumped. Maybe someone else can chime in. I'm not aware of a reason for a text exitor to take over.

When you saved the .ini... did you save in unicode text format?

What's your .ini look like? Can you post it "as is"... not with cut paste... upload as a .zip.

-- JDC
  20.    #120  
    google says pwi files are notes files. Perhaps Mortscript implements a notes api for the ini files?

I have absolutely no idea what that error is.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast