Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 267
  1. #81  
    Please test this version. It expands on the .ini concept and offers a dynamic update of the Today Screen display... even when a new forecast is being updated.

    I'd also need to know what idostncratic code works for your phones and where you want me to put it.

    "up my ASCII" is not an option, btw.



    - JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. xdalaw's Avatar
    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Please test this version. It expands on the .ini concept and offers a dynamic update of the Today Screen display... even when a new forecast is being updated.

    I'd also need to know what idostncratic code works for your phones and where you want me to put it.

    "up my ASCII" is not an option, btw.



    - JDC
    Stupid question: do I just edit the zip code on these two files and drop them in my Mortscript directory on my PPC? If so, I get an error message when I try to run Xcast. Thanks.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Stupid question: do I just edit the zip code on these two files and drop them in my Mortscript directory on my PPC? If so, I get an error message when I try to run Xcast. Thanks.
    Yes, that should work, but you only need to change the zip in "xcast.ini"... unless you're running it in conjunction with "TheForceCast.mscr". If that's the case, it's still being developed to work with xcast.mscr and previous versions may not work properly.

    If the error message is coming from the .xml site, then maybe the zip is not supported (no weather data for that location). Try a nearby zip code.

    What's the error msg?

    -- JDC
  4. xdalaw's Avatar
    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Yes, that should work, but you only need to change the zip in "xcast.ini"... unless you're running it in conjunction with "TheForceCast.mscr". If that's the case, it's still being developed to work with xcast.mscr and previous versions may not work properly.

    If the error message is coming from the .xml site, then maybe the zip is not supported (no weather data for that location). Try a nearby zip code.

    What's the error msg?

    -- JDC
    Not using TheForceCast.mscr right now. Just the two files included in your last posted .zip.

    First message: "XCast.mscr. Cannot connect to Weather Service via Internet for unknown reason. Script will abort."

    When I click ok, second message: "Alert Message. Error with xCast or connection at 6:29 PM 03/12/07 The next update is scheduled for 07:29 PM"

    UPDATE: changed the zip in the .ini to one from Boston. Still no luck.
    Last edited by xdalaw; 03/12/2007 at 06:40 PM.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Not using TheForceCast.mscr right now. Just the two files included in your last posted .zip.

    First message: "XCast.mscr. Cannot connect to Weather Service via Internet for unknown reason. Script will abort."

    When I click ok, second message: "Alert Message. Error with xCast or connection at 6:29 PM 03/12/07 The next update is scheduled for 07:29 PM"
    What phone is it? I added code to check if the internet connection works... and I also check to see if the phone is "OFF". The PHONE OFF conditions produce a similar (but different) error.

    Evidently you're not connecting to the internet with the code "as is".

    It's difficult for me to test without a non-treo-700w phone.

    -- JDC
  6. xdalaw's Avatar
    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #86  
    Sorry, JD. Should have mentioned I'm using a Sprint Wx. Also, I tried this while cradled (and connected to the net) and while uncradled, and connected to my EVDO connection. Still no go.

    Just popped back my original XCast.mscr and it grabbed the conditions fine as before.
  7.    #87  
    xda: perhaps you're connected to activesync? I've had trouble in the past connecting to the internet with that via mort on the 700wx, though it works fine on the Q.

    But it does sound like an internet connection issue as jd says, the code portion that downloads the weather data hasn't been altered.

    edit: Saw the update. Lemme try the code
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Sorry, JD. Should have mentioned I'm using a Sprint Wx. Also, I tried this while cradled (and connected to the net) and while uncradled, and connected to my EVDO connection. Still no go.

    Just popped back my original XCast.mscr and it grabbed the conditions fine as before.
    Change this section...

    # Check for internet status and phone on
    If (CurrConnected = 0)
    Message ( "Cannot connect to Weather Service via Internet for unknown reason. Script will abort.", ThisScriptName )
    XcastFlag = 0
    Call CalcUpdateTime
    Exit
    EndIf


    to...

    # Check for internet status and phone on
    #If (CurrConnected = 0)
    # Message ( "Cannot connect to Weather Service via Internet for unknown reason. Script will abort.", ThisScriptName )
    # XcastFlag = 0
    # Call CalcUpdateTime
    # Exit
    #EndIf
  9. xdalaw's Avatar
    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #89  
    Changed the section above, and no more error messages. But, no forecast data yet, either. (Still showing Sprint.) This is after a soft reset and manually attempting to run the XCast.mscr

    Is this script now only going to automatically update, or is it still supposed to permit manual as well?
  10.    #90  
    yup just checked Sktools it is set to run on the hour. trippy

    I'll be testing it

    edit: btw, I got the same connection errors as xda when I ran it the Qew, the commenting did stop it from popping up an error.

    Also:
    Add the percentage sign around the displaystring variable. It just writes "displaystring" on my line!
    RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Owner","Notes", %DisplayString%
    RegWriteString ("HKLM", RegKey, RegKeyValName, %DisplayString%)
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Changed the section above, and no more error messages. But, no forecast data yet, either. (Still showing Sprint.) This is after a soft reset and manually attempting to run the XCast.mscr

    Is this script now only going to automatically update, or is it still supposed to permit manual as well?
    Ahhh... my master plan is unfolding.

    You may have noticed that I changed the way the registry writes were performed.

    Before, we had 2 options... one for treo 700w and one for (all?) others.

    In order to provide an organized method of acting on your settings, including Phone Model, I incorporated an .ini approach.

    What's coded now is for treo 700w and 700wx.

    If (WMPlatform = "treo")

    If (WMPlatformModel eq "700w")
    RegKey = "Software\Microsoft\RIL"
    RegKeyValName = "CarrierName"
    EndIf

    If (WMPlatformModel eq "700wx")
    RegKey = "System\State\Phone"
    RegKeyValName = "Current Operator Name"
    EndIf

    EndIf


    ... my guess is that if you change to the 700wx in the .ini... it'll work.

    -- JDC
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    yup just checked Sktools it is set to run on the hour. trippy

    I'll be testing it

    It's fun to watch it every minute... till you get bored...

    ... I never do.

  13. xdalaw's Avatar
    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #93  
    Awesome, JD!! Just added that little "x" to my .ini and it worked perfectly!! Even saw the cool updating now message. Thanks.

    Time (for me) to sign off for tonight.
  14. #94  
    Good for you, xdalaw.... which, by the way is hard for me to type... given the OJ trial. (snicker).

    Now for MY stupid question: does the updating continue when the phone is asleep?

    -- JDC
  15.    #95  
    yes, notification queue wakes the device.
  16. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #96  
    okay guys i need some help here...i have a treo750 on the cingular network, loaded the new xcast and forecast..forecase works but with the new xcast i still have cingular, no data...btw with the old xcast without the ini thinggy will it update every hour or i have to do this manually...thanks in advanced..
  17. #97  
    test with one of the treo settings in the .ini pretend you have a 700w or 700 wx and tell me which one worked. use the latest version.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    okay guys i need some help here...i have a treo750 on the cingular network, loaded the new xcast and forecast..forecase works but with the new xcast i still have cingular, no data...btw with the old xcast without the ini thinggy will it update every hour or i have to do this manually...thanks in advanced..
    see previous post... and, no, if you set the update interval to 1 and interval unit to "hr" (in the .ini), then it will update every hour... provided the internet connection was up at the time and provided your phone was ON.

    can someone run a test for me...

    set the interval to 1 and the intervalunit to "min" and call yourself. have a call active when it's time to update the weather. see if it continues to the next interval or if it "stalls". i'm in a hotel and dont want to make a LD call to test this.

    thanks,

    JDC
  19. #99  
    would someone run xcast.mscr on zip 11207 and tell me if it shows:

    4p: 46(Lo:45) Shower @4p

    I seem to be hung in limbo since 4:00 pm.

    ????????????

    Thanks
  20. xdalaw's Avatar
    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #100  
    Hi JD-

    I have that issue. Had it stuck at 7am this am, too. Then it worked at 3 and stuck at 4--if I remember correctly. Lots of attempts to manually update, too.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions