Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    g-funk,

Is the latest code in the first post? I'll try and working on the auto update feature...want people to choose to have it update every "X" hours and provide them a UI to choose that?
    The beginnings of this (time calcs) is already started in my latest version (attached).

Need to be able to choose an "interval" rather than a time. Assume that the time is "now" and the next update is "now" plus the chosen interval. When the script runs again (automatically)... the interval is the same but the "now" time is refreshed.

Attached is the latest version of both apps. Note that the HKLM value for Today Screen display has been returned to Treo 700wx.

Also, I've added to the Web-based weather capabilities of the controlling app.

Thanks for your help Scotty.... and see my time-related comments near the end of TheForceCast.mscr.

Regards,

John
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jdcochran; 03/09/2007 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    please excuse my ignorance. I downloaded the "the forcast mscr" and changed my zipcode in BOTH scripts and in the xcast only I changed the "verizon wireless" to sprint. it didn't work. I can say that the "forcast part with the "big message" screen worked. I like it. good job jd and everyone that's helping. I guess I will just wait for the finally version. if anyone wants me to try (test) anything just send it to codi860 at gmail dot com.

thanks, cody

remember, if you want me to test something... that I am an *****. one good thing though... if I can do it... anyone can.
    is there ever really a good excuse for ignorance, other than: "I didn't know"?

The "Verizon Wireless" in the code was simply a holding string to remind meto return things to normal when I got around to coding it. I call it the Hansel and Grettel approach. It was simply a breadcrumb (and you ate it, you scoundrel).

See this post minus "1" for the answer to your "latest" code needs.

-- JDC
    on the sprint wx. if I go to hklm/software/palm/version is gives me my model number and software version.

hope this helps, cody
    Interestingly, this key (Version) is not present on my Verizon Treo 700w.

Anyone else with a Verizon 700w wanna verify this?

Also, what other WM5 models are we coding for, besides the "Q".

Speaking of the "Q" I can't seem to write text to the Owner Notes section of the 700w.

If i used the same code as for the Q, what am I doing wrong?

RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Owner","Notes", DisplayString

-- JDC
  4.    #64  
    I just checked on my WX, I didn't have a Notes entry in the registry until I updated the field in Settings->Owner Information, 'Notes' tab.

I don't know if we can include other models unless others can give us some info about where to put the information, because honestly on the Q, like the WX, i just chose a place that was convenient, not necessarily something standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I just checked on my WX, I didn't have a Notes entry in the registry until I updated the field in Settings->Owner Information, 'Notes' tab.

I don't know if we can include other models unless others can give us some info about where to put the information, because honestly on the Q, like the WX, i just chose a place that was convenient, not necessarily something standard.
    I'd like to code what we know works. "Display Mode = ???" will be another value in the .ini file (if I ever code one).

Also, I HAVE such a notes registry entry, but all I can write to it is numerical gobbldeygook. For some reason the string data doesn't make it there. I'll try again and post some screen dumps later.

- JDC

the xcast works, but forcecast doesn't. I get the above error. the last verion worked. just thought I would let you know.
    You need RC11 for BigMessage.
    yeah, what he said.

I cringed when I basically discarded a section of useful code to make room for the RC11. both versions mortscript report 4.0.0.4. otherwise, i'd have coded for both versions.

-- jdc
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You need RC11 for BigMessage.
    well I don't know which version I have for sure, but I can say that with the version of forcecast on page two of this thread the big message works. in fact I just downloaded it again and tried it. with both versions I did the same thing. put them in a folder, changed the zip in both the forcecast and xcast to my zip, and then ran it. I have screen shots of the older version working , but didn't think I needed to prove myself. altho after downloading a new copy of the version on page 4 and trying it again I still can't get past this error message.

thanks, cody
    update: not knowing what version I had I went and found the rc11 version, installed and now both the old and the new versions of forcecast work. from the looks of the cab that I hd on my storage card I had rc 9. funny that it only worked with the older forcecast though. anyhow... thanks guys
    update: not knowing what version I had I went and found the rc11 version, installed and now both the old and the new versions of forcecast work. from the looks of the cab that I hd on my storage card I had rc 9. funny that it only worked with the older forcecast though. anyhow... thanks guys
    my first crack at theforcecast.mscr and initial revs to xcast.mscr were with RC9. upgraded to RC11 mainly to tap into the BIGMESSAGE command. so, what you experienced was fully understandable.

good luck.

-jdc
    g-funkster:

Thanks for the post.

You are using: Set wURL, "http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/11102?dayf=1&cc=*&hbhf=24"

I see if I modify the dayf input to 2, 5, etc. I can get numerous days in the forecast (ie: the next 2 or 5 days), but I only get the 24 hour detailed forecast for today. Any idea how to:

1) get hourly forecasts for the next 2-3 days?
    2) also get more granular forecast for days 3+? I see in the XML they are defining day and night, which I believe the SDK documentation (which is really lame!) defines night as 12am to 5am (today), morning as 6am to 11am, Day as 12pm - 5pm and Evening from 6pm tp 11pm.

Trying to get more details on what all the XML interface will accept for input strings. Any and all help appreciated.
  13.    #73  
    heh I'd love to know as well, and I've tried looking but have come up short, so I just basically wing it. You request more hours, like 48 if you use hbhf=48. You can get details for the next few days if you use dayf=4 (or 7 as I do for hourlyxcast) instead of 1. All i got
  14.    #74  
    jd, here's the updating portion:

#Set the Next Forecast time
    If (UpdateInterval <> 0)

ForecastYear = CurrentYear
    ForecastMonth = CurrentMonth
    ForecastDay = CurrentDay
    ForecastHour = CurrentHour
    ForecastMin = CurrentMinute

Set RunAtTime,0

If ( Find(UpdateIntervalUnit,"min") > 0)
    Message "Min Scheduling"
    RunAtTime = TimeStamp() + (UpdateInterval*60)
    EndIf
    If ( Find(UpdateIntervalUnit,"hr") > 0 )
    Message "Hr Scheduling"
    RunAtTime = TimeStamp() + (UpdateInterval*3600)
    EndIf
    If ( Find(UpdateIntervalUnit,"day") > 0 )
    Message "Day Scheduling"
    ForecastDay = TimeStamp() + (UpdateInterval*24*60*60)
    EndIf

#Set the Notification Queue Item
    RunAt(RunAtTime, SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"XCast.mscr" )

EndIf
    You seemed to be worried that you'd have to map out each day and account for 31month/leap years, etc.. The thing is, you scan schedule it by timestamp, which is a seconds counter since 1970 or something like that.

SO basically all you have to do is add the additional time intervals in seconds and then MS will know what to do with it. Know what I mean?
    jd, here's the updating portion:

You seemed to be worried that you'd have to map out each day and account for 31month/leap years, etc.. The thing is, you scan schedule it by timestamp, which is a seconds counter since 1970 or something like that.

SO basically all you have to do is add the additional time intervals in seconds and then MS will know what to do with it. Know what I mean?
    thanks, man... I was sweating that one for no reason at all, it seems.

here's an attempt at incorporating the code you provided... it can run "stand-alone" without the controlling script... I think. Try it.

More later in the week.

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks jd, very nice. I did have to change an If check for it to read the ini.

Change
    If (XcastMode <> "interactive")
    to
    If (XcastMode ne "interactive")
    or
    If (NOT (XcastMode eq "interactive"))

Also notice that every time you run xcast it queues up another call in the notification queue. Should probably clear calls to the script at each invocation.

Thanks!
    Last edited by hannip; 03/12/2007 at 08:54 AM.
  17.    #77  
    Oh you can 'eq' for strings? very nice Good stuff here, hoorah auto scheduling is coming!

oh jd, tiny bug in the code i gave you, that one line that goes:

"ForecastDay = TimeStamp() + " should start with "RunAtTime = ..."
    Oh you can 'eq' for strings?
    Yep. There are special operators just for strings. That's why the <> didn't work since that is a numerical comparison operator.

7.7.1 List of all possible operators
    All possible operators by priority (highest first):
    () Parentheses
    NOT Negation
    * / MOD Multiplication, division, modulo (remainder of divisions)
    + - Addition, subtraction
    & \ Concatenation of strings
    > >= < <= = <> Numerical comparisons
    gt ge lt le eq ne Alphanumerical comparisons
    AND && Binary / logical “and”
    OR || Binary / logical “or”
    damn "ne"...missed that before.. eq I knew...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Thanks jd, very nice. I did have to change an If check for it to read the ini.

Change
    If (XcastMode <> "interactive")
    to
    If (XcastMode ne "interactive")
    or
    If (NOT (XcastMode eq "interactive"))

Also notice that every time you run xcast it queues up another call in the notification queue. Should probably clear calls to the script at each invocation.

Thanks!
    Thanks... I knew better. After I tested the xcast code I went back and made that minor edit without testing. It was 3 am and I was sleepy.

Good Catch.

Also, g-funkster, I made the edit you found, too.

I'm a few days away from submitting as a .CAB. Just want to fully test it some more.... and learn how to drive a .CAB.

Thanks, guys for all your help.

-- JDC
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast