Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 267
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Good job jd! It's taking shape. I had to change the xcast.mscr to write it to the other carrier reg value to get it to show on my sprint 700wx so we will need some logic there. I like the full data in a message feature. Very nice!

    We need to get Mort to give us a fullscreen window to play with. I've had other ideas that could make good use out of that too.
    Mort must've been reading my mind! You should use BigMessage for the data window.

    9.19.3 Big message with scrollbar (BigMessage)
    BigMessage( text [ , title ] )
    Similar to Message, but doesn't use the system's message box function, which resizes to the
    contained text (except for Smartphones). Instead, a fixed sized internal dialog is used, which shows
    the text in a scrollable text box.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Mort must've been reading my mind! You should use BigMessage for the data window.

    9.19.3 Big message with scrollbar (BigMessage)
    BigMessage( text [ , title ] )
    Similar to Message, but doesn't use the system's message box function, which resizes to the
    contained text (except for Smartphones). Instead, a fixed sized internal dialog is used, which shows
    the text in a scrollable text box.
    I downloaded the V10 manual a few days ago and poked around and saw that. Didn't have the guts to upgrade. Maybe I will now.

    -- JDC
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Um... I'm thinking of Jerry Seinfeld's dad, dressed as a Jedi Knight, weilding a light saber and shaking it at the sun and moon.... no... POINTING with it at a weather map.

    Seriously, since I think I have dubbed the controlling app TheForceCast, which is a play on the word "forecast" with a StarWars slant, and the word "Cast", as I hope to pay homage to many (other) coders in the cast...

    I'm thinking a weather-icon-ish background with a simple Light Saber morfed into a lightning bolt and superimposed in the foreground.

    See if you can create such a thing with the attached files.

    -- JDC

    Hey silly dude... why not put 2 Light Sabers in the form of an X?

    No Charge,

    JDC
  4. #44  
    Update:

    - installed the latest MortScript-4.0RC11.
    - added some google-based URLs for web selections
    - begged for assistance in another thread
    - implemented a "BigMessage" command (see attached)

    -- JDC

    (edit: I see that the "Chill" temp doesnt make sense in warmer temp... I'll revert back to the "flik" nomenclature).
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. #45  
    Very nice! I like the new BigMessage data display.
  6.    #46  
    - added some google-based URLs for web selections
    huh :!

    liking the bigmessage!
  7. #47  
    I'll be offering a method to select web-based browsing of your favorite weather URL or possibly multiple ones. The first is:

    (try the link below on your PPC... screen is different (see attached))

    http://www.google.com/pda/search?hl=en&q=weather+YourZipCodeHere

    If you have others, juss gimme the URL(s).

    -- JDC
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #48  
    ah yes, there's the weather underground mobile page which is very popular, since it has a radar image:

    http://mobile.wunderground.com/cgi-b...le&query=11102
  9. #49  
    Yep, already linked to it.

    Also have programmed links to PDA-friendly sites provided by:

    -- AccuWeather
    -- Google
    -- MSN Mobile
    -- Yahoo

    ... any other requests?

    Also, I still await a daring Jedi Knight to take on the update/notification portion of Xcast.mscr.

    If I am to be trusted with this section, it may never get finished.

  10.    #50  
    you mean the automatic update aspect of it?

    Edit: Attachment of xcast for Moto Q... for upload purposes only, do not use!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by g-funkster; 04/05/2007 at 09:23 PM.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    you mean the automatic update aspect of it?
    yes...and a bag of chips plz
  12.    #52  
    lol how about a sammich too? I can probably get something done over the weekend if some other jedi doesn't step forward and fulfill the deed
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    lol how about a sammich too? I can probably get something done over the weekend if some other jedi doesn't step forward and fulfill the deed
    that would be nice. I really am over my head on some of this. juss try and leave room to pass some variables back and forth. I still struggle with a method for envoking non-interactive mode to set and run the update calls. any suggestions would be depreciated. did y upgrade to morty 11 yet?

    -- JDC

    (e-signature sent via PalmŪ Treo 700w
    running a self-propelled MortScript
    commanded to execute by voice
    while driving my car handsfree)

  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Good job jd! It's taking shape. I had to change the xcast.mscr to write it to the other carrier reg value to get it to show on my sprint 700wx so we will need some logic there. I like the full data in a message feature. Very nice!

    We need to get Mort to give us a fullscreen window to play with. I've had other ideas that could make good use out of that too.
    hannip, can you or someone else, post a version of "the forcast mscr" that works with the sprint wx? from my understanding this is different than the original xcast that was first posted. and from what i'm seeing you had to change something to get it to work on the sprint version. from what jd posted.

    I have the original xcast, but since I finally have rain in the forcast this weekend, o would like to try the newer version.

    thanks, cody
  15. #55  
    I've asked this before... I think... but what can I read that tells me the main model of phone?

    I can find the registry entry for Windows Mobile... but what about "700w" "700wx", etc. The only thing I've found so far is an obscure driver for "USB Serial for Treo 700w".

    I think that the following code section might work for you, Cody.

    #For the Treo 700w Series
    RegWriteString ("HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", DisplayString)
    #===========================
    # here is where I changed the above code to work for a 700w
    # RegWriteString ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\RIL","CarrierName", DisplayString)
    # CarrierName = "Verizon Wireless"
    #===========================
    #For the Q
    #RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Owner","Notes", DisplayString
    #===========================
  16.    #56  
    jd I've looked on both the motorola Q & the 700wx and I can't really pinpoint anything that would identify each product. I think a choice would be in order upon initial setup.
  17. #57  
    g-funk,

    Is the latest code in the first post? I'll try and working on the auto update feature...want people to choose to have it update every "X" hours and provide them a UI to choose that?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  18. #58  
    on the sprint wx. if I go to hklm/software/palm/version is gives me my model number and software version.

    hope this helps, cody

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    I've asked this before... I think... but what can I read that tells me the main model of phone?

    I can find the registry entry for Windows Mobile... but what about "700w" "700wx", etc. The only thing I've found so far is an obscure driver for "USB Serial for Treo 700w".

    I think that the following code section might work for you, Cody.

    #For the Treo 700w Series
    RegWriteString ("HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", DisplayString)
    #===========================
    # here is where I changed the above code to work for a 700w
    # RegWriteString ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\RIL","CarrierName", DisplayString)
    # CarrierName = "Verizon Wireless"
    #===========================
    #For the Q
    #RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Owner","Notes", DisplayString
    #===========================
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    g-funk,

    Is the latest code in the first post? I'll try and working on the auto update feature...want people to choose to have it update every "X" hours and provide them a UI to choose that?
    Actually no, the first post does not have the most updated code.

    But YES we could use your help and expertise in the area of timed executing. Every X hours is plenty (and a start & end time, I think would be appropriate, really like the chime app) and all it needs to do is execute the script called "XCast.mscr", which is the part of forcecast that does the data downloading and writing to the registry. If we have that then it can be put together.
  20. #60  
    please excuse my ignorance. I downloaded the "the forcast mscr" and changed my zipcode in BOTH scripts and in the xcast only I changed the "verizon wireless" to sprint. it didn't work. I can say that the "forcast part with the "big message" screen worked. I like it. good job jd and everyone that's helping. I guess I will just wait for the finally version. if anyone wants me to try (test) anything just send it to codi860 at gmail dot com.

    thanks, cody

    remember, if you want me to test something... that I am an *****. one good thing though... if I can do it... anyone can.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions