1.    #1  
    So I can receive calls while on the internet/data use part?

I searched and can't seem to locate it anywhere.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    There's no hack needed, you phone does that automatically out of the box.

(This is considering you are on an EV-DO area, of course.)
  3.    #3  
    Ahhhhhhhh I like already! :P
    ...and what happens when receiving a 1X signal?
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    ...and what happens when receiving a 1X signal?
    Incoming calls will go straight to voicemail. Thats one of the benefits of EVDO besides the increased speed.
    I might be wrong, but I've always thought that with EVDO you can't be on data and use the phone at the same time. However, you CAN be using the data part, and a call WILL get through, data suspends and you can answer a call. However, I believe you cannot be on the phone and browse the internet at the same time. Only with UMTS you currently can use data and voice at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Incoming calls will go straight to voicemail. Thats one of the benefits of EVDO besides the increased speed.
    If your 1x is inactive (gray), then the call can still come in.
    nope...here's what I found with Verizon
    http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Features...ing_cpop_.html
    nope...here's what I found with Verizon
    http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Features...ing_cpop_.html
    From the website;

"If I am actively engaged in a data session and get an incoming voice call, how do I answer the call? The call can be answered by pressing SEND on your device keypad. By answering the voice call, your data session will be placed in dormant mode"

This is just better management of data/voice. It is not the same as what cingular has with thier high speed data where you can talk on a call and have an active data session at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    From the website;

"If I am actively engaged in a data session and get an incoming voice call, how do I answer the call? The call can be answered by pressing SEND on your device keypad. By answering the voice call, your data session will be placed in dormant mode"

This is just better management of data/voice. It is not the same as what cingular has with thier high speed data where you can talk on a call and have an active data session at the same time.
    Correct.

I think that's coming with Rev A EVDO/CDMA; is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Correct.

I think that's coming with Rev A EVDO/CDMA; is that right?
    yes and i cant wait.
    when do you think this will occur?
    <thanks for the replies>
    when do you think this will occur?
    <thanks for the replies>
    ?? I think those devices are starting to come out. Perhaps the next version of the Sprint Treo will be Rev A?

I also think the Rev A network is not fully deployed. Again, I am not sure of these facts(?) as they are based upon my sometimes fauly memory.