Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have tried various headsets for my 700wx, all of varying sound qualities, on the approved list and not on the list. B ut the most annoying thing is that they constantly disconnect (not unpair). So when I go to answer or make a call, the headset is not active and I have to use the handset...

From experience, can you please tell me which BT headset stays connected 100% of the time (if any exist)?

thanks.
    Most will disconnect. Get the update for the BT stack for A2DP and most headsets will work fine. It's a few topics down this page.
  3.    #3  
    No way! gotta check that out tonight. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    Most will disconnect. Get the update for the BT stack for A2DP and most headsets will work fine. It's a few topics down this page.
    Ditto that. I was a frustrated BT headset user but after Dr. Hannip's Amazing A2DP Tonic I'm BTing me arse off!

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    Doesn't the 700wx already have the updated BT stack? I thought that was where hannip got the stack to begin with.
    he took the verizon BT stack and edited it for other carriers with the 700wx
    He got it from the Verizon version, not the Sprint version. If mariog7 has the verizon edition they already have the updated bt stack. If they are a sprint user they will need hannip's fix.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem as the OP (this is on a Verizon 700w updated with the a2dp stack by hannip). My 700wx is on its way to me, so I'm hoping I don't have that issue with that phone as well.
    I have a Sprint 700wx w/updated A2DP stack, and BT stays on all the time now (instead of shutting off intermittently as it used to) but I still occasionally drop the headset itself. A press of the button on the headset usually fixes it, though, so I'm not going to complain. It's still leaps and bounds past where it was before hannip's magic.
    END OF LINE
  10.    #10  
    Yes, I do have the Sprint 700wx. I can't wait to try!!! Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    My VZW WX SUCKS with BT connection to Moto HS-850 FWIW. The VZW W was much better, believe it or not.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have been having issues with my bluetooth and my vzw treo 700wx. Maybe I will give the fix a shot even though the dump came from me. Maybe something Hannip did changed something.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    dimitri, the only change I made was some registry setting for a2dp. Nothing else is different. You can download the zip file and read the readme to see what it all changes.
    I use a Logitech HS02-V05 (bought in '04 and used with Treo 650/700p) and it works excellent on my 700Wx, actually louder than on my 700p.
    Even before the A2DP hack, it worked fine with no problems, and after as well.
    I have since tried other BT headsets but stick with the Logitech.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    My Plantronics Voyager 510 constantly drops off my VZW 700wx, but never while I am actually talking. It reconnects easily (unlike on the 700w).

One thing I have noticed is that the link drops when the phone is either starting or finishing some kind of transmission. It can be the start of a phone call (the link drops right as I connect to make a call), or when the phone is starting or completing a wireless sync.

Is it possible that the link drops due to either front end overload (interfering with the BT link) or some kind of BT power loss as the main transceiver kicks in/out?

I'm only half the geek I need to be to figure it out. Somebody here needs to confess to having some EE skills, and then put those skills to good use! ;-)

NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
    i am having problems with my Jabra JX10 disconnecting from my Verizon WX. Very frustrating. Dont they test these things before they put them on the shelves?
    Try Motorola H700 BT headset.. it works fine..
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well I have the Plantronics 665 and mine will disconnect and then reconnect. But the biggest problem is that sometimes it will disconnect from the phone and then I can't turn the headset off.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well I just found Palm's out in all this. Here is a lik to their website about compatibility of bluetooth headsets.
    Sprint 700WX Bluetooth compatibility list:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=obj(39570)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast