Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #21  
    Sowhy would te Sprint version have more headsets then the Verizon? If it's the same hardware then that makes no sense.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  2. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #22  
    So I am getting a new WX from Verizon so lets see if that fixes it. I doubt it but the tech is also saying that they haven't heard of this problem.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3. #23  
    Is anyone else puzzled that niether Verizon nor Palm calls out the fact that the new WX supports A2DP? I would think this is a selling point worth mentioning, no?
  4. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #24  
    Verizon does tell you in the quick reference manual. But Palm doesn't.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Verizon does tell you in the quick reference manual. But Palm doesn't.
    I cant find anything on Verizon's site that says it supports A2DP. Why not say it under the "features" tab?

    I dug around some more and found it;

    http://support.vzw.com/pdf/BT_Chart_PDAs.pdf
  6.    #26  
    Thanks for the input. I tried this ROM upgrade, but no dice. BT headsets still disconnect at random. This is so frustrating - I can't find any BT headests that work with the 700wx!

    Although the Motorola Q is an inferior PDA, I may have to go that route because phone (especially BT) is my first priority.

    Any other ideas?
  7. #27  
    I have always had issues with finding a BT headset that worked well with my 700w. I had to that worked great. Motorola h700 and Jabra BT800. Anything without noise reduction would be all staticy...all the time.

    I cannot find my h700 for the life of me... and my BT800 is just ugly and too big. I have always preferred behind the ear headset. I now have a 700wx, so I decided to try the BT500v. It seems to be working good. I will see when I drive to work tomorrow, using it.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  8. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    I have always had issues with finding a BT headset that worked well with my 700w. I had to that worked great. Motorola h700 and Jabra BT800. Anything without noise reduction would be all staticy...all the time.

    I cannot find my h700 for the life of me... and my BT800 is just ugly and too big. I have always preferred behind the ear headset. I now have a 700wx, so I decided to try the BT500v. It seems to be working good. I will see when I drive to work tomorrow, using it.
    Do you have the VZW WX or Sprint WX please?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Do you have the VZW WX or Sprint WX please?
    Verizon 700wx, it is in my sig...
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  10. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    Verizon 700wx, it is in my sig...
    ROFL...what a big dummy...thanks! So the BT500V works well with the VZW wx so far? How does it feel when wearing it? Is it easy to pair? Can you put the earpiece on with 1 hand or does it require using both hands? How do you turn the BT500V on & off?


    P.S. maybe you should animate your siggy....easier to spot! (j/k bro)
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  11. #31  
    LOL! I just figured you turned your siggy off like everyone else in the forum because of you! hahahaha

    Back before my treo days, I had Jabra behind the ear headsets. BT200 BT250. I LOVED them. The 250 did not play well at all with my 700w. I have been on this never ending quest to find a perfect bluetooth headset.

    The behind the ear headsets are sooo comfortable and can be put on with one hand. There answer/end/power/everything button is in an awesome spot right on the bottom. There is a small button just for pairing and an volume up and volume down buttons.

    I would say buy one at a place that allows returns...just in case. I got mine 25% off at the verizon store. still $75, I know I could have cound it cheaper online, but I wanted to be able to return it....just in case...

    on another note, I installed bestskinsever.com skin on the dark grey/black wx... DAMN it looks nice! I'll post a pic.

    edit, posted the pics: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138337
    Last edited by ebedoun; 03/04/2007 at 04:11 PM.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  12. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #32  
    E, so far the BT500V amd WX work well together? Any static? Disconnects? or "Hello, can you hear me now"?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  13. #33  
    No disconnections yet, but I have only used it for probably 10 minutes.

    BUT the static crap that I would experience on the 700w with other headsets is not there. It sounds good. My wife also said the sound on the other end is great! I'll use it all day at work tomorrow. That will be the true test! hahaha

    I usually have my treo sitting on my passenger seat and headset on my right ear. sounded great. I also moved the treo around in the car and put it in my pocket. I did not hear any static. I DID hear static when the Treo was on my desk and walked to the next room(not that far away) but I have never have had luck wandering around with any bluetooth headset on.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  14. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #34  
    Please let me know how your Monday goes with the WX & BT500V. If all goes well, I prolly order one.....one with return policy of course! Thanks!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  15. #35  
    Will do!


    OHHH Wait, you still have a 700w? LOL, that is what your siggy says! LOL.... just messin!
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  16. #36  
    I use a Plantronics 510 for my headset and it works flawlessly. In my job its on my ear for 12 to 13 hours...never a disconnection or problem.

    For MP3's I use a Logitech Freepulse BT headset. It, as well, works flawlessly with no disconnection.

    Conversely, I use Vista with my PC and sync with the newMobile Device Centre...lots better than activsync was.

    My palm is a 700wx on the bell network....waiting for my hifi card to come in this week.... 802.11g (love this toy)
  17. #37  
    robdam...

    Well Monday with the 500v went pretty well. I left it connected all day long. Used it for a bit on the way to and from work in the car. No problems. At work, I did hear a very small amount of static at one point, other than that headset worked great!

    How often does this dropout usually occur? I did notice one thing last night while in the car, the headset was on and connected, the treo was sitting on my knee with the screen off. The treo's screen lit up and the bluetooth icon went blue, then a second later it went back to white. I made a test call to voicemail and it worked. Could that have been dropout?

    -Erick
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  18. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    robdam...

    Well Monday with the 500v went pretty well. I left it connected all day long. Used it for a bit on the way to and from work in the car. No problems. At work, I did hear a very small amount of static at one point, other than that headset worked great!

    How often does this dropout usually occur? I did notice one thing last night while in the car, the headset was on and connected, the treo was sitting on my knee with the screen off. The treo's screen lit up and the bluetooth icon went blue, then a second later it went back to white. I made a test call to voicemail and it worked. Could that have been dropout?

    -Erick
    How was it when you received calls? Any drops? FYI: I ordered my Jabra BT500V off eBay today!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by flamenko View Post
    I use a Plantronics 510 for my headset and it works flawlessly. In my job its on my ear for 12 to 13 hours...never a disconnection or problem.
    My palm is a 700wx on the bell network....waiting for my hifi card to come in this week.... 802.11g (love this toy)
    You may have the only working pair WX/510. Mine just drops, but with any luck the BT500v reports will come back all good. I'm holding off buying more headsets until Robdam is satisfied.

    NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
  20. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileRealtor View Post
    You may have the only working pair WX/510. Mine just drops, but with any luck the BT500v reports will come back all good. I'm holding off buying more headsets until Robdam is satisfied.
    Well seeing that I am Italian, that would make me a Guinea Pig? Get it? I should have my BT500V later this week. I'll keep everyone posted. Time to make a pizza. Ciao!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions