1.    #1  
    The past two days my text messaging has been acting up. Some messages are not being received and most are hours slow arriving either to me or the person I send them too. I am wondering if it could be because I have too many texts left on the phone. Currently there are roughly 6000 between the inbox and sent box. I am wondering if this could be slowing down the process or creating problems. I dont want to erase all the messages, just the older ones and am wondering if there is a way to do so. Perhaps via conneting to my PC? I really miss the threaded messaging from the old 650!!!! I read that Palm announced their new update for the 700W will include threaded messaging. Does anyone know when to expect that?
    Where did you read about the 700w update for threaded messaging?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Just read the sticky at the top of this forum.
  4.    #4  
    I have read the sticky but am worried that it may cause problems once the new update is released. Any thoughts? I will look for the article now.
    where did you read that PALM is releasing the threaded sms in the next 700w update? The sticky at the top of this forum is for the hacked threaded sms....not a release by palm. Am I missing something in that sticky?
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    where did you read that PALM is releasing the threaded sms in the next 700w update? The sticky at the top of this forum is for the hacked threaded sms....not a release by palm. Am I missing something in that sticky?
    I don't think you're missing anything. The sticky is for the hack. I have not seen a single report anywhere regarding a update including threaded texts from Palm. If that is the case the hack will have to do. And it works perfect.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ianwhiteman View Post
    I have read the sticky but am worried that it may cause problems once the new update is released. Any thoughts? I will look for the article now.
    As long as you do a backup before you install the SMS hack (you did do a backup first, right ), you can always revert to the pre-SMS hack state and install any updates from Palm. I wouldn't hold my breath on that Palm update though - the SMS hack works great anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ianwhiteman View Post
    The past two days my text messaging has been acting up. Some messages are not being received and most are hours slow arriving either to me or the person I send them too. I am wondering if it could be because I have too many texts left on the phone. Currently there are roughly 6000 between the inbox and sent box. I am wondering if this could be slowing down the process or creating problems. I dont want to erase all the messages, just the older ones and am wondering if there is a way to do so. Perhaps via conneting to my PC? I really miss the threaded messaging from the old 650!!!! I read that Palm announced their new update for the 700W will include threaded messaging. Does anyone know when to expect that?
    Can anyone help me with this as well... I have the same problem...

Is there a way to set a limit on how many texts u can get before it erases the old ones or smething like that? Also is there a way to save to the SD Card instead?