1.    #1  
    For those techies out there who might want to know this, here it is. This is from the unbranded treo 750 i recieved today from mobileplanet who imported them from their UK expansys stores.
    (Went to Settings-->System-->About for those who may wonder...)

Under Version:
    Microsoft Windows Mobile Version 5.0
    OS 5.1.195 (Build 14995.2.6.3)
    Processor: SC32442A-300MHz

Under Phone it says:
    Software Version: TREO750-1.16-RWE
    Hardware Version: P
    Serial Number: Nah...
    Phone Number: nope.
    Firmware Version: 1.27.0b.00

By way of comparison, the Cingular branded one which I am returning to palm has:
    Under Version:
    OS 5.1.195 (Build 14959.2.3.2)

Under Phone it says:
    Software Version: TREO750-1.13-CNG
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware Version: 1.17.20.00
    Handspring Visor Platinum --> Laptop computer pim+cell phone for years --> Treo 650 Cingular (until it died in the middle of the highway) --> Treo 750 Cingular --> Unbranded/Unlocked Treo 750 --> ???
    Hardware version "P" vs. Hardware version "A". Hmmm.

Any idea whether that has any impact on me as a potential 750 user who will never ever use the phone on Cingular?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Hardware version "P" vs. Hardware version "A". Hmmm.

Any idea whether that has any impact on me as a potential 750 user who will never ever use the phone on Cingular?
    I have no idea what it even means. But since it refers to hardware, it seems more than a ROM thing. Perhaps we can start a rumor that the P supports 320x320 and is going to get WM6 update. This would of course be completely fabricated and irresponsible.... but be my guest to do such a thing... :-p
    Handspring Visor Platinum --> Laptop computer pim+cell phone for years --> Treo 650 Cingular (until it died in the middle of the highway) --> Treo 750 Cingular --> Unbranded/Unlocked Treo 750 --> ???
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Why would Cingular's software version be earlier than the Vodafone one? Mine is 1.15 VFE???
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    Why would Cingular's software version be earlier than the Vodafone one? Mine is 1.15 VFE???
    no reason to assume that a lower number means earlier and older. They may have a numbering convention that represents something other than strictly chronology. I have no idea what it means, but you needn't assume that. And there is more to the version than the number. This may well be an lower version of the CNG, but why assume that 1.13-CNG<1.15-VFE just because 1.13<1.15? beats me...
    I am guessing Hardware P=PALM versus Hardware A=AT&T
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    For those techies out there who might want to know this, here it is. This is from the unbranded treo 750 i recieved today from mobileplanet who imported them from their UK expansys stores.
    (Went to Settings-->System-->About for those who may wonder...)

Under Version:
    OS 5.1.195 (Build 14995.2.6.3)

Under Phone it says:
    Software Version: TREO750-1.16-RWE
    Hardware Version: P
    Firmware Version: 1.27.0b.00
    I can now confirm that i have successfully tested the speed to see that it does include the HSDPA feature. Additionally, i have been able to use the DUN via bluetooth and USB. No problems at all so far. The Voice Command does seem to re-enable itself, but since i am very diligent about checking this, i have never had the unbranded one stop ringing like my previous cingular one did. if there are any specific questions anyone has, i am happy to try to "check up on it." But if its technical, please tell me how. I don't know what AKU, AD2P, WTF and all these initials i've seen in other threads mean, so you may have to explain a bit more if you want me to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    I can now confirm that i have successfully tested the speed to see that it does include the HSDPA feature. Additionally, i have been able to use the DUN via bluetooth and USB. No problems at all so far. The Voice Command does seem to re-enable itself, but since i am very diligent about checking this, i have never had the unbranded one stop ringing like my previous cingular one did. if there are any specific questions anyone has, i am happy to try to "check up on it." But if its technical, please tell me how. I don't know what AKU, AD2P, WTF and all these initials i've seen in other threads mean, so you may have to explain a bit more if you want me to check.
    AKU: Adaptation Kit Update. Basically, it's kinda like a service pack for WM, except it's not as easy to update as the desktop version. The only way to update your AKU is if your carrier/device manufacturer releases an update, or if someone creates a custom ROM with a newer AKU version in it.

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/art...m-aku-en.shtml

A2DP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2DP

Basically, it's so you can listen to music in stereo using bluetooth headphones

WTF: Whiskey, tango, foxtrot
    Quote Originally Posted by kortez View Post
    From this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...280500&page=14

I have to say, I'm really interested is AKU 3.3 available on some unbranded Treos?
    Whoa....

I would be very shocked if this were true....