1.    #1  
    Why are there no cingular ringtones for the treo? You pick a ringtone, it asks for you to choose your phone, and no palm or treo choices are there.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    Why are there no cingular ringtones for the treo? You pick a ringtone, it asks for you to choose your phone, and no palm or treo choices are there.
    Dont know. I think its possibly because the treo can use normall midi, wav, and MP3 ringtones. This is a PLUS! I dont think these ringtones from cingular are for any of the PDA phones.

I use some VERY "business" like ringtones I have edited and/or downloaded. I will attach below. Remember the old AT&T Merlin Phone system? How about the iPhone ringtone? Its all in attachment! ENJOY!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HAHA I still use the Merlin system (Spirit phones though)

Thats awesome...

I agree, you can use mp3's for FREE, and Cing is well aware of this I would assume. No market
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    HAHA I still use the Merlin system (Spirit phones though)

Thats awesome...

I agree, you can use mp3's for FREE, and Cing is well aware of this I would assume. No market
    I still use the AT&T Merlin system - Love the flat Bis Phones! Very limited, but those ringtones are priceless!
    Here are some midi ring tones that were designed specifically for the Treo 600 and 650, and sound equally as good on the 750 since it has the same midi synth.
    I put them in a .cab installer if you prefer:
    http://www.gadgetech.info/download/t...iRingTones.cab
    Or if you want to just unzip and add the .mid files by hand:
    http://www.gadgetech.info/download/t...iRingTones.zip

Lastly. I prefer to use this cab. It has all of the same midi files but I added the underscore (_) character to the beginning of the filename so that these are all grouped together at the top of the list. If you prefer you can use this one:
    http://www.gadgetech.info/download/t...es_Renamed.cab

These are the ring tones in the package and what I use each for.

Nightfall.mid (Phone: Voice Mail, I LOVE this as a voice mail tone)
    Oktober.mid (Phone: Missed Call)
    Orient.mid (Phone: Unknown Caller)
    Realm.mid (Phone: Known Caller)
    Tides.mid
    Tiki.mid (Phone: Roaming)
    Traffic.mid ('Messaging: New Message' aka Text Messag tone)
    Trill.mid
    Woodblock.mid

Anyway I suggest you give them a shot. One other benefit to these is that they're also very loud. I honestly don't remember where I got these or who to credit for them, it was several years ago and I remember the last time I tried to visit the site it was gone, otherwise this would just be a link as to where to get them.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Dont know. I think its possibly because the treo can use normall midi, wav, and MP3 ringtones. This is a PLUS! I dont think these ringtones from cingular are for any of the PDA phones.

I use some VERY "business" like ringtones I have edited and/or downloaded. I will attach below. Remember the old AT&T Merlin Phone system? How about the iPhone ringtone? Its all in attachment! ENJOY!
    Spectacular! I love that stuff.

Anyone have the Merlin-like ring from the CTC offices of TV show 24?

How about an old telephone ring?

A British telephone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    Spectacular! I love that stuff.

Anyone have the Merlin-like ring from the CTC offices of TV show 24?

How about an old telephone ring?

A British telephone?
    Here is the CTU office phone ring in mp3 or wav format.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hi - just came to this forum today. I, too, have been VERY unhappy with the fact that Cingular offers no downloadable ringtones, etc. for the 750. This is also our first experience with a smartphone. I attempted to download the links you posted, whereupon my mac said needed to update the "Stuffit" program, and after doing so, now I'm being told that there is a file format error. Any help (know it's off topic) that you can provide me, so that I can once again hear my phone when it's ringing?

Thanks in advance,
    Christina
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCTexan View Post
    Hi - just came to this forum today. I, too, have been VERY unhappy with the fact that Cingular offers no downloadable ringtones, etc. for the 750. This is also our first experience with a smartphone. I attempted to download the links you posted, whereupon my mac said needed to update the "Stuffit" program, and after doing so, now I'm being told that there is a file format error. Any help (know it's off topic) that you can provide me, so that I can once again hear my phone when it's ringing?

Thanks in advance,
    Christina
    Sure, a bit off topic but take a look at The Unarchiver for Mac. Works great along with stuffit.

I didnt have the issue with the previous post. But here is a GREAT link with those CTU 24 ringtones. - http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/ringtone.html
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52 View Post
    Here is the CTU office phone ring in mp3 or wav format.
    Thanks!

I love that one!
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    But here is a GREAT link with those CTU 24 ringtones. - http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/ringtone.html
    And to think I went through all the trouble of making my own with audacity when all I had to do was google it Also Ive got this SNL classic if anyone is interested Robert Goulet ringtone
    Last edited by burnsaa; 03/06/2007 at 01:18 PM.
    I'm very new, i moved some of the above ringtones to my treo 750, but can't get them to show up in the ringtone list to associate with a particular contact.

They show up in explorer.

I'm obviously missing something.

Would appreciate help.

Thank.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i usually drop the ringtones in the my documents folder...then it should show up...also if you want to use a tone for your message alerts, first it has to be a wav file and you just drop them in the windows folder...hope this helps...
    Thanks.

I moved the new rengtones to the ring folder and they showed up to assign them to people and events.

Good to know about the wav format for allerts.

Thanks