Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    When a call comes in and the phone is on vibrate the phone vibrates loudly. Is it possible (maybe through registry) to make it vibrate for a quick second as opposed to 4 long vibrates when a call comes in?
    ......... neva' thought my 1st post would be a free one. thanks
    Did you get your answer?

Scottymoto wrote a script that allows you to pick the vibrate style that you want. It's called TreoVibe. It's posted in the 750 forum.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    ......... neva' thought my 1st post would be a free one. thanks
    .....and a pointless one.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Did you get your answer?

Scottymoto wrote a script that allows you to pick the vibrate style that you want. It's called TreoVibe. It's posted in the 750 forum.
    Perfect. That should solve the problem.
    Don't know about you, but I absolutely like the vibrate intensity..much better than on the 700p.
    I'm the type that carry's a phone in my pocket, so it is to my benefit.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Does the verizon 700wx have a stronger vibrate motor than the sprint 700wx?

The vibrate on my sprint treo is so weak - most of the time I don't even notice a call when the treo is in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The vibrate feature is good but it gets really loud. It sounds as if it's vibrating itself apart and during class it becomes distracting.
    Moxz, if you want to help with testing, I can get TreoVibe working properly on the WX
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Moxz, if you want to help with testing, I can get TreoVibe working properly on the WX
    I'll definitely test it for you. I already tried your other version but it didnt work properly with my Sprint WX. Let me know if you come out with a version compatible with my phone.
    I have tried a vzw 700w, 700p, sprint 650 and cingular 750. They all seem to have the same vibration intensity, at least to me it does.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I have tried a vzw 700w, 700p, sprint 650 and cingular 750. They all seem to have the same vibration intensity, at least to me it does.
    I dont mind the intensity but I do mind the length of the vibrate. It vibrates for a long time 4x in a row. I'd prefer to have 4 quick vibrates instead.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    would that be a weak or a strong vibration intensity?

I guess I should head into a store and see if my Treo is defective..
    Quote Originally Posted by mokz View Post
    I'll definitely test it for you. I already tried your other version but it didnt work properly with my Sprint WX. Let me know if you come out with a version compatible with my phone.
    You'll need a registry editor (PHM is free here)

Once you have it installed navigate to (HKLM stands for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE):

HKLM\System\State\Phone

Call your treo from another phone while the phone is ringing you need to get back to the registry editor, refresh (most likely), and look at the value of the

HKLM\System\State\Phone\Status key

The Status key will have a numeric value. You can hang up the other phone at this stage and let me know what that value is. Once done, I'll send you a test script to validate it's the correct number on an incoming call.

If you have a cradle, you can repeat this procedure and give me the value that comes up when the phone is ringing in the cradle as well since they're different.

Thanks!

P.S. If anyone with a VerizonWX wants to do this as well, please go ahead and report your results. Thanks!

You'll need a registry editor (PHM is free here)

Once you have it installed navigate to (HKLM stands for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE):

HKLM\System\State\Phone

Call your treo from another phone while the phone is ringing you need to get back to the registry editor, refresh (most likely), and look at the value of the

HKLM\System\State\Phone\Status key...
    Wow, this is really hard as the phone dialog covers the registry entry in both PHM Registry Editor and in Total Commander.

Nonetheless, I think I may have it.

8390816 normally (not ringing - just in standby, ready to make or receive a call)

8456352 when plugged into power (is this the same as a cradle?) and

8456352 when not plugged into power (same as above).

To get these I have to be ready to grab the value between when the phone icon appears in the top task bar and when the phone dialog appears.

If you have a better way I could do this, I'd be grateful.
    Last edited by westronic; 03/02/2007 at 05:58 PM.
    Well, that does not seem to work. Of course, I may have grabbed the wrong value.

It was easy enough to modify your script with my values and run it - and I checked the TreoVibe.ini file and the supposedly correct value was present.

Hmmm....
    Typo... fixed above. I have tested it for the Sprint 700WX by changing the values in your script!

It's not perfect, but I think that's just because of the way Mortscript runs. In any case, it works and the vibrate feature for the phone works way better than before.
    cool so the second value above is the value when ringing?

connected to power and cradled are different so if you don't have a cradle that's fine. Ideally someone can get me the value when cradled so I can adjust the values in the main script when the carrier/model is selected.. thx!

cool so the second value above is the value when ringing?

connected to power and cradled are different so if you don't have a cradle that's fine. Ideally someone can get me the value when cradled so I can adjust the values in the main script when the carrier/model is selected.. thx!

I've got a cradle coming, so I can do that when it gets here. I think it is waiting for me at my office, so maybe I'll go in and get it tomorrow.

BTW: The way I finally "beat" the fact that I could not see the registry key value was to add in some dummy keys so that the one I needed was not at the bottom of the list.

And yes, the 8456352 value is the correct one.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Wow, this is really hard as the phone dialog covers the registry entry in both PHM Registry Editor and in Total Commander.

Nonetheless, I think I may have it.

8390816 normally (not ringing - just in standby, ready to make or receive a call)

8456352 when plugged into power (is this the same as a cradle?) and

8456352 when not plugged into power (same as above).

To get these I have to be ready to grab the value between when the phone icon appears in the top task bar and when the phone dialog appears.

If you have a better way I could do this, I'd be grateful.

I got the same values as above but I haven't had a chance to try while cradled.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast