Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does anyone know if it is possible to set the 700wx to have the vibrate turn off once the phone starts ringing by pressing one of the side volume keys? This was a nifty feature on my ol' 650 when I was unable/didn't want to answer a call..

thanks
    Rev3 accommodating all versions (no need to select a carrier anymore!)

here
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/05/2007 at 04:24 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    no problem...so for the Sprint 700WX we have the value, just looking to see if the Verizon WX is the same....

Rev2 to accommodate uncradled Sprint 700WX and perhaps the other 700s here
    I'm using the Classic Treo vibrate feature on my phone and it works flawlessly. Thanks Scottymomo. I really appreciate your help.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalEsq View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to set the 700wx to have the vibrate turn off once the phone starts ringing by pressing one of the side volume keys? This was a nifty feature on my ol' 650 when I was unable/didn't want to answer a call..

thanks
    You can make it stop ringing by hitting the center button.
    Quote Originally Posted by mokz View Post
    You can make it stop ringing by hitting the center button.

Thanks Mokz...that worked beautifully for the vibration to stop. However, still not able to kill the ring tone by either the volume keys or the center button when receiving an incoming call. Any other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks again.
    How odd - now I am getting a value of 8390880 (data connection inactive) OR 83949152 (data connection active (evdo)) at rest and 8456416 or 8460512 or 8460448 or even something else (still figuring that out) when ringing. Plus yesterday's 8456352.

It's confusing, but it appears that any value over 845xxxxx means the phone is ringing. I am uncertain of this at this point, but maybe that's the key.

I am going to try and modify the script accordingly and see what happens...
    Last edited by westronic; 03/03/2007 at 04:26 PM.
    Here's what works for me (Sprint 700WX ONLY, but probably valid for any 700W or WX) with the change highlighted:

#Incoming Call

# Read Variables from INI File
    VibrateShort = IniRead(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"TreoVibe.ini", "Settings", "VibrateShort")
    VibrateLong = IniRead(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"TreoVibe.ini", "Settings", "VibrateLong")
    VibrateStyle = IniRead(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"TreoVibe.ini", "Settings", "VibrateStyle")
    VibrateActive = IniRead(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"TreoVibe.ini", "Settings", "VibrateActive")
    CarrierModelCradle = IniRead(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"TreoVibe.ini", "Settings", "CarrierModelCradle")
    CarrierModelNoCradle = IniRead(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"TreoVibe.ini", "Settings", "CarrierModelNoCradle")

While(1)
    While(VibrateActive = 1)
    x = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Status" )
    If (x > CarrierModelCradle)
    If (VibrateStyle=1)
    Vibrate(VibrateShort)
    Sleep(100)
    Vibrate(VibrateShort)
    Sleep(100)
    Vibrate(VibrateLong)
    EndIf

If (VibrateStyle=2)
    Vibrate(VibrateShort)
    Sleep(100)
    Vibrate(VibrateShort)
    Sleep(100)
    Vibrate(VibrateShort)
    EndIf

If (VibrateStyle=3)
    Vibrate(VibrateShort)
    Sleep(100)
    Vibrate(VibrateLong)
    Sleep(100)
    Vibrate(VibrateShort)
    EndIf

If (VibrateStyle=4)
    Vibrate(VibrateLong)
    Sleep(100)
    Vibrate(VibrateLong)
    Sleep(100)
    Vibrate(VibrateLong)
    EndIf
    EndIf
    Sleep (1000)
    EndWhile
    Sleep(1000)
    EndWhile

My ini file is:

[Settings]
    VibrateShort = 500
    VibrateLong = 1250
    VibrateStyle = 1
    VibrateActive = 0
    CarrierModelCradle = 8450000
    CarrierModelNoCradle = 8450000
    Last edited by westronic; 03/03/2007 at 04:27 PM.
    Okay, this is not working out so well. It works, but it now vibrates even when placing an outgoing call, so I guess I have to identify every possible "ringing" state and then the code will have to check for them all. There are at least six of them it seems, and the cradle may add more.
    Last edited by westronic; 03/04/2007 at 01:35 AM.
    Thanks for the testing westronic. I may have mistaken cradled/uncradled for data connection on/off so still trying to validate if there is actually a difference when cradled so I started putting a spreadsheet together for the different combos. There may be less combos on the 750 since it handles simultaneous voice/data but might be wrong there too... The status definitely changes once the call is active (I'm noting those down too for something else I'm working on for non Sprint WX users, so as much help as you can give me on the states would be great so I can ensure TreoVibe and my next one are compatible. Hopefully the 700 series are all identical.

thx again!

I have a suspicion that the actual number is a state for "phone on" (or maybe "phone ringing") "and" (as in a logical "and") other states as appropriate. If so, and if we knew what we were doing , we could more easily write code to correctly interpret the state.

Meantime I think I may have identified them all, but I am far from certain so far.
    There's definitely 3 states I've identified on the 750 when the phone is ringing (and hoping this is the case for the other models as well):

1. Connected to ActiveSync/Cradled
    2. Data Connection On
    3. Data Connection Off

I realized today that your data connection gets shut off if you're connected to activesync and you can't connect to it while connected to active sync..never knew this before (any ideas why?)

Hoping there's no difference in state between data connection off/on based on othe signal (EVDO/1XRTT For Sprint/Verizon and EDGE/GPRS/UTMS for the GSM folks) as that adds more options to the mix. I haven't seen any difference so far regarding states on those.

So if you can identify a 4th or additional states when the phone is ringing, that would be great...and hopefully there aren't more!

Well, I am now going to use:

If ((x=8456416) or (x =8460512) or (x =8460448) or (x =8456352)) as my triggering conditional statement and see how that goes.
    I've fiddled with it a little, and so far, so good.

I did discover that having voice announcement AND a ringer may not be the best idea. I've turned off voice announcements and both ringer AND vibrate work better. I suspect I had a performance hit from having the voice announcement running.
    New version posted, no need to select a carrier and should work for all Treos!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138234
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/05/2007 at 04:27 PM.

Rev 4 posted with easy CAB installation, supports all devices (Treos that is)!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12