Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now remember I am ASSUMING the problem is in the .mpb files. I am not a techie so I am not sure that they are not storing themselves ELSEWHERE on the Treo. I just know it to be a fact that the e-mails do not exist anywhere else except on my Treo so it seems logical that they are coming from there. I have these questions though...

1. Can we agree that the issue is e-mail attaching it to text and not vice-versa? And not a text-to-text problem?

2. Has anyone else who had this happen been using any type of transcription software? I noticed that both times I had this happen, I had been using the pen.

3. Does anyone know anyplace else on the device that e-mail is stored or the process of what happens to your e-mail once you hit the SEND button?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    This is really a MAJOR security hole. Palm/Microsoft needs to correct this RIGHT away, and we must accelerate this by sending emails to palm, microsoft, and influential websites like engadget.
    <<bump>>
    Hmm just had this happen to me again.. This is a serious problem. happened to me both times after a lockup. I hope that deleting those .mpb files is the answer, because I ran a few tests. I sent my self some texts, didnt delete them, but deleted the corresponding .mpbs, yet the text messages showed up.
    I found that the best way to get rid of the text messages is by using the " Clear Text Messages" feature. Deleting them manually one-by-one seems to leave the .mpb file hanging.
    I think they don't clear when phone locks up during a send/receive which isnt a lot which explains why it has happened only twice.
    Also - what specifically happened? You texted someone and they received a barrage of the same old deleted texts? Or did the messages go to another party. Just want to see if we are having yet ANOTHER issue...

I really love this phone but I talk maybe 40 min a month. I rely HEAVILY on my messaging capabilities and I just can't afford to have this keep happening :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleLee View Post
    Also - what specifically happened? You texted someone and they received a barrage of the same old deleted texts? Or did the messages go to another party. Just want to see if we are having yet ANOTHER issue...

I really love this phone but I talk maybe 40 min a month. I rely HEAVILY on my messaging capabilities and I just can't afford to have this keep happening :-(
    The old email messages did not send until I sent a text to the party involved, then he got that text and the old messages which had been deleted. I am going to clear out the userfolder via mortscript and memmaid daily. I am also switching to flexmail which stores imap email seperately from the windows databases I think. That should solve the problem. Also after trying some tests, i did notice old .mpbs there, but opening one after i get a text message, its blank. So i just wonder where its storing the text of the SMS.
    I have started using SKTools nightly to wipe out all temp and messaging files before backing up. I get a ton of email a day, and I always have a bunch of these around. I don't seem to be having a problem as of yet, but I am being super-vigilant now, because this is way too weird and unsettling a problem to ignore.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Just to add another to the mix, i had this happen to me once with my 700w. I was in a pretty crappy coverage area, and I will often get multiple copies of texts from people when in a bad area. Since this only happened to me that one time, I just chalked it up to some weird, crappy signal, sending text issue that only happened when the planets aligned correctly.

Guess I was wrong. It hasn't happened since though.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I had something similar happen to me only I was the one on the receiving end of the text messages (this is on Verizon). The text messages came from a friend of mine and they contained a bunch of text from an email of his. Weird.
    samer here. i received a text message from a friend and it had an email attachment spread over 7 text messages and he hadnt even ever had the email on his phone! that takes the cake in weirdness. that is like physcic powers.
    also, when my friend checked the message he sent, it didnt have any attachments on it. it has happened twice. except the first time he had had the email on his phone
    also, the operating system he used was windows mobile 5 and his phone is the verizon vx6700
    I have been having a problem with the threading hack or my phone that is resending old messages when I send a new one.

Example:
    I send person A a text.
    It could be hours later, but I send person B a text.
    When the person B gets the new text, my phone also resends the message I sent to Person A back to them again.

Is this a problem with the threading app or the phone? Does anyone know of a solution? I did a hard reset but I have not reinstalled the threading app because of this. Thanks.
    the internet has become self aware and is trying to turn us against each other...lol

no seriously...my treo saves multiple copies of sms messages and sometimes it willl try to send people the entire conversation!?...but only to that person and not as an e-mail attachment. I am deleting the threaded message program as it has caused nothing but problems.

I think a better solution would be to write a script that just reorganizes the txt data not install an entirely new program for it. at least not till they get it right.

just my two cents

JC
    Quote Originally Posted by 565Customz View Post
    the internet has become self aware and is trying to turn us against each other...lol

no seriously...my treo saves multiple copies of sms messages and sometimes it willl try to send people the entire conversation!?...but only to that person and not as an e-mail attachment. I am deleting the threaded message program as it has caused nothing but problems.

I think a better solution would be to write a script that just reorganizes the txt data not install an entirely new program for it. at least not till they get it right.

just my two cents

JC

I never used the threaded messaging app and I still had this problem. I am sure it hasn't helped matters but I don't think it is a direct cause.
    I looked in the properties and the mpb files archive box is checked....anyway to disable the archiving. I also noticed that when I clicked ''view older messages'' in the sms app that it brought back messages I had deleted by using purge and manually deleting mpb files....this means they have to be somewhere else...but ii can't find them... lets start workin on a solution this is to big a deal to sit around and wait for a patch or reg edit instruction
    I've been deleting mpb files nightly with SKTools... before I backup...
    END OF LINE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12