1.    #1  
    I got my SIM unlock code from Cingular, can you enter it in w/o a different SIM card? I was able to on other phones.

Thanks
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Dunno - I think the phone has to see a SIM other than Cingular so that it knows to challenge you with a dialogue box asking for the unlock code. It was much easier than the Treo 680 to unlock but I have several SIM cards for my travels.

Perhaps you can get a T-Mo SIM from a friend or pick up a cheap Go-Phone SIM to use? Or you could grab one off EBay for $6 or so shipped http://cgi.ebay.com/T-Mobile-prepaid...QQcmdZViewItem
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Twice I received the Subsidy Unlock code from Cingular, I put in my Vodaphone SIM punched unlock code using the Option Key and the Numberkeys, and received error stating incorrect unlock code.
    Has anyone succesfuly used a third party because somehow Cingular is giving me the incorrect unlock code.
    I got my code off Ebay for $17 and it worked very well. Drop me a PM for more info.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    Twice I received the Subsidy Unlock code from Cingular, I put in my Vodaphone SIM punched unlock code using the Option Key and the Numberkeys, and received error stating incorrect unlock code.
    Has anyone succesfuly used a third party because somehow Cingular is giving me the incorrect unlock code.
    I also did the same thing, I put in my Vodafone SIM into my Treo 750, input the unlock code Cingular gave me, and was unsuccessful. I asked Cingular for another unlock code, b/c it looks like the 1st attempt of *#*#code# doesnt work, then different SIM with just "CODE" doesnt work either.
    I also received my unlock code from Cingular. The instructions "*#*#unlock code#" do not work. So I insterted a friends' T-Mobile sim, the Treo asked me for the unlock code and accepted it.

Unfortunately, it could not find the T-Mobile network. The yellow light kept blinking and it kept trying for several minutes with no luck. Now I am afraid that when I travel abroad it won't work there either.

Any thoughts?
    I use Tmobile. I recieved my unlock code from GSM Phones, and all I had to do was insert the Tmobile SIM and turn the phone on. It asked me for the unlock code, and I entered it. The seller of the unlock code was specific in saying that I had to use the screen keypad to enter the unlock code, not the physical keypad. I did that and it unlocked just fine, found Tmobile right away.

I would make sure you're using the screen keypad, not the hardware keypad.

If using the hardware keypard, be sure that your number lock is on.
    I did use the screen keypad since the code showed on the screen as asterisks I wanted to be sure I enter the numbers, not letters.

Is it possible that Cingular gave me a code that unlocks it for use abroad only and prevents me from using T-Mobile in the US?
    I can't see why they would. Unlocked is unlocked, and it doesn't matter if it's in the US or overseas.

It works!

I bought a T-Mobile prepaid SIM and it does work. For some reason it takes several minutes for it to connect to the network, while flashing the yellow light, but it does work! My old Motorola would connect immediately, so I don't quite understand the delay. I won't even try to get data functionality since it's bound to vary with whichever overseas service provider I will have.

Thanks everyone for your comments.