Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Now that the 700wx is available on Verizon, I'm trying to decide if i should try to get customer service to upgrade my pathetic 700w or move to cingular for the 750.

Reliability as a phone and e-mail device are my highest priority.

The 700w is unstable and unreliable.
    Get the wx from Verizon or Sprint. The slower broadband network on Cingular will make you regret dumping the w
    Stick with Verizon and go with the wx. Best network + best device = happy you.
    id say treo 750 hands down...
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    Get the wx from Verizon or Sprint. The slower broadband network on Cingular will make you regret dumping the w
    My Treo 750 I had with Cingular had a lot of bugs so I ditched it. Bt wouldn't work most of the time. Now that this patch came out for the Sprint/Verizon phone to fix the BT it might have been a better phone. But the drop call rate at Cingular sucked.

Now the data part of Cingular was extremly fast. It definitely was not slow at all. My sprint so far on 1xEV has been not fast at all. Speed Tests on my Q have been around 110kbit to 235kbit the most I have seen. Most of the time its around 150kbit. The Treo and the BlackJack I had both got HSDPA and showed over 900kbit-1.5mbit a second every time I ran dslreports test. That is significantly faster than Sprints so far. I have placed a call with Sprint to look into the slow data issues.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    Now that this patch came out for the Sprint/Verizon phone to fix the BT it might have been a better phone.

What patch? Official patch?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat as the OP (actually just similar situation as my 700w is a loaner from Palm). Have any of you tried BOTH 700wx (with Verizon preferrably) and 750 with Cingular and compare? I know there are tons of posts on each device already. But I have yet come across one who was on a 700wx and moved on to 750 (or the other way around). Thanks.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    HSDPA is faster than EVDO...
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    I'm in the same boat as the OP (actually just similar situation as my 700w is a loaner from Palm). Have any of you tried BOTH 700wx (with Verizon preferrably) and 750 with Cingular and compare? I know there are tons of posts on each device already. But I have yet come across one who was on a 700wx and moved on to 750 (or the other way around). Thanks.
    I have both and I can't get rid of either one. Neither one is perfect. The 700wx has more horsepower. It can handle bluetooth and slingbox pretty well. The 750 bogs down quite a bit and often audio gets out of sync with video when playing slingplayer. The 750 can do btaudio over a headset, but now that I have a Jabra Bt8010 I can get audio over a headset on my 700wx also. Sprint and VZW definitely are way out ahead of Cingular for 3G data coverage. Even in a large metro area getting UMTS is hit or miss with Cingular. The 750 is significantly lighter and fits better in a pocket and can do simultaneous data and voice, but only in 3G areas.

Other than that they are pretty much the same, well the 750 has no attenna, which is good, but also has a mini sd card which in my opinion is not good. Less 802.11 options. Oh yeah, and the 750 does voice command over bluetooth which is a key reason why I can't ditch it.

Hope that helps.
    My brother owns the 750 and carries a extra battery in his glove box.
    Power consumption on the 750 can be very sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    My brother owns the 750 and carries a extra battery in his glove box.
    Power consumption on the 750 can be very sad.
    Only if you maintain a UMTS connections. Since I only drive through a UMTS area on my commute my battery life is actually better on my 750 than my 700wx and I have the extended battery on the wx.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    hey op, why dont you just try the cingular one and figure it out

there is seriously no ****ing way someone on a board can tell you which is better for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post

there is seriously no ****ing way someone on a board can tell you which is better for you
    Oh yes we can. Eight TC members can give him at least 12 opinions.

I have the wx. The 750 arrives Monday. I will be in Hannip's league -- two phones. That's the ONLY way I am in Hannip's league, however. (I bow down to you for the 700wx tweaks you've been giving me and everyone on TC).

Unfortunately the 750 will be for overseas use only. My wife will get to use it on T-Mo while I'm home, replacing her 650. Yeah I will get it unlocked. The Sprint SERO deal and EV-DO and Cingular's (ahem) "soft launch" of 3G here in L. A. (interpretation -- we have extremely spotty coverage but we won't adjust our prices because of it) make the Sprint/700wx service irresistable. Especially with threaded SMS.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post

I realize that only I can make the decision.

However, I was hoping to find out if one of these is more stable, hence reilable than the other.

I like all the cool and even convienent things these devices can do, but I can't live with a phone that decides not to ring for no known reason. I need a reliable phone and e-mail device. Since I would rather not give up all the other capabilities of the treo to get that reliability, I would like the most reliable treo.

I hope that make sense, and I appreciate all of your comments.