1.    #1  
    I have been using an 8125 on Cingular for over a year and I switched to a Palm Treo 750 about one month ago... now, I have crackling on the line about 50% of the time which makes it impossible to hear the other party and vice-versa.

Is this a known problem? Any ideas?

Cliff.
    The call quality on my 750Cing has been spectacular.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
  3.    #3  
    Don't get me wrong, I love the phone... but like I said, about 50% of all calls cut out or crackle so neither party can hear the other.

I went through the diagnostic steps with Cingular and they are sending me a warranty replacement phone... just hope it's not a refurb...

Cliff.
    I never had any call quality issues with the 750. I *did* have some issues during bluetooth calls, but that was more the headset than the phone.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Call Quality on my 750 is fantastic, way better than my 650
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Wow ... kick the 650 when it's down. It's poor call quality is legendary.
    (And I say that as someone who still loves his 650)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Call Quality on my 750 is fantastic, way better than my 650
    100% agree.
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    I have a 8125 and a 750, and I can honestly say that the 750 has a better call quality than the 8125 hands down.

Also, if Cingular is sending you a warranty replacement, it is more than likely a refurb directly from Palm.
  9.    #9  
    Just got the replacement... doubt its a refurb as the serial number and IMEI would seem to indicate that I got a newer model (still has Cingular logo)... interesting to note that I purchased the original version about 35 days ago and it had an IMEI in the 80,000s... this phone has one in the 500,000s...

Haven't moved my data over yet... trying to find the best backup/restore solution... will try ActiveSync first.

Cliff.