Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Originally posted in the Fun With MortScript thread but since I have a 750 and it works with mine, thought I would post it here as well:

Original Post with Download Link

Hi folks!

What is TreoVibe?

For folks coming from PalmOS Treos, you are probably used to how the Treo vibrates on an incoming call, with a 2 short vibrates and a long vibrate, 2 short vibrates, and a long vibrate, etc...

Well, coming over to Windows Mobile, the vibrate function works differently, as it's just one continuous vibration if you have enabled the phone to vibrate on an incoming call. Some folks including myself don't like the way this works, so I've developed a little "app" with MortScript to help out!

TreoVibe solves this and more, by allowing you to set how the phone vibrates on an incoming call. The default values are very close to the PalmOS Treos, and you can customize it how you like!

FEATURES

- Carrier and Model Select: Select your carrier and model as each phone is a little different
    Note: Vodafone 750v, VerizonWX/W, and SprintWX models may not work with this initial release

- Set Vibration Lengths: Set the length in milliseconds for the short vibrate and long vibrate

- Set Vibration Style: Choose from 4 options, with the ability (with a little customization to the script) to create more if you want to!

Vibration Styles
    -- Treo Classic: Short, Short, Long...Short, Short Long...
    -- Short, Short, Short: as the name implies, 3 short vibrations repeated while the phone
    is ringing
    -- Short, Long, Short: as the name implies, 1 short vibration then a long vibration, then a short
    vibration repeated while the phone is ringing
    -- Long, Long Long: as the name implies, 3 long vibrations, repeated while the phone is ringing

- Test TreoVibe: After selecting your vibration lengths and style, test it out to see what it will feel like when
    the phone is ringing. It will repeat your settings 3 times to give you a "feel" for it

- Enable TreoVibe: Enable TreoVibe so that it will work on incoming calls

- Disable TreoVibe: Disable TreoVibe so the default vibration will take over.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/02/2007 at 10:40 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I am sure MANY people including myself will find this app SOOOOOO useful. Many thanks for posting!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I am sure MANY people including myself will find this app SOOOOOO useful. Many thanks for posting!
    You're welcome. Let me know if you run into any issues with it or have suggestions for improvement!

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Sweet! I have a reason to install MortScript.

I am coming from the T650 and when I first got a call with my new T750 on vibrate - I thought my phone was broken. Like "why wont it stop vibrating!!!!!".

The vibe is so powerful - the T750 wants to jump out of the cradle.

I like that this can use treo classic or something even more subdude. It doesnt take a hammer to let me know there is an incoming call.

NICE WORK
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    thanks a lot scotty, just awesome....i know that a lot of 750 owners was looking for something like this....what i like about it is that when you enable it you can now have vibe/ring....i also like the toggle to disable it...

im trying to get started on trying to write scripts, but you know time is what is getting in the way of starting...got a question when testing your script and if it doesnt work to your liking do you just delete the script and restore your reg with the backup...or just deleting the script is enough?? thanks in advanced...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Question or enhancement to script?

With the default vibe on the T750 - if you want to ignore the call and stop the vibe until the call rolls to voice mail - you just hit any key on the keyboard.

Any chance of adding that functionality to TreoVibe - a method for "muting" the vibe if you are not going to take the call?

Thx.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by r00db0y View Post
    Question or enhancement to script?

With the default vibe on the T750 - if you want to ignore the call and stop the vibe until the call rolls to voice mail - you just hit any key on the keyboard.

Any chance of adding that functionality to TreoVibe - a method for "muting" the vibe if you are not going to take the call?

Thx.
    I'll look into it, just needs to see what happens in the registry when you silence the ringer and see if the script can replicate that behavior.

Edit -- ack, haven't been able to locate in the registry what is changing when the ringer is silenced so that I could turn off vibrating..will keep hunting...
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/02/2007 at 10:39 PM.

8.    #8  
    Rev 4 is available at the link above, with easy installation via a CAB file now!

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    awesome scotty, got a question...i really like to drop the files from the zip...well is there a way to get the icon without using the cab...thanks in advanced...btw awesome job to all of you...
    You can install the MortIcons cab to install the icon resource file and create a shortcut that references resource id 116.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...8&d=1173232575

Create your shortcut to TreoVibe.mscr and append the string "?MortIcons.exe,-116" on the end of the shortcut target.

Example: if TreoVibe.mscr is installed in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript the shortcut target would be:

"\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript\TreoVibe.mscr"?MortIcons.exe,-116
    Last edited by hannip; 03/06/2007 at 08:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    thanks hannip again awesome job...i have been reading up on the mort manual and im hoping to contribute some scripts...as i am just a newbie to this...but i love to tweak the reg...i just gotta understand how to write them...thanks again..
    Can you make this work for text messages as well? Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey fxguy, you can try the new treoalert by slinghan it vibs when you have a new text, vm, email etc...
    I installed the Treovibe app, went in and configured it and it is not working. I have tried it both with the vibrate set tooperate under "Sounds" and without it. When vibrate is set it, still does the standard vibrate - 1 really long vibrate - and when it is not configured under "Sounds" it does not vibrate at all. I have tried the 'test vibrate" piece in TreoVibe and that works, it just does not work when a call comes in. Ihave reset the phone but still it does not work. What might I be doing wrong here please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashgordonv View Post
    I installed the Treovibe app, went in and configured it and it is not working. I have tried it both with the vibrate set tooperate under "Sounds" and without it. When vibrate is set it, still does the standard vibrate - 1 really long vibrate - and when it is not configured under "Sounds" it does not vibrate at all. I have tried the 'test vibrate" piece in TreoVibe and that works, it just does not work when a call comes in. Ihave reset the phone but still it does not work. What might I be doing wrong here please?
    Please, ignore that little ramble. It is working perfectly
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    flash, what did you do to get it working? I installed it on my Cingular 750 and the tests are working fine but when a call is incoming, just one long vibrate. Maybe I missed something that you caught after you posted? Like you, it works when I hit test just not in a real world situation.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ycrazyy View Post
    flash, what did you do to get it working? I installed it on my Cingular 750 and the tests are working fine but when a call is incoming, just one long vibrate. Maybe I missed something that you caught after you posted? Like you, it works when I hit test just not in a real world situation.
    Probably a stupid question but you did choose to enable it correct (option 4 on the menu)? Also, make sure you enable treovibe on reset (6th option).

Let me know how it goes...

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Yeah I enabled it and also told it to enable on reset. However when I reset the device, it tells me the following error:
    MyVibe.mscr "There is no application associated with "MyVibe". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application"
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ycrazyy View Post
    Yeah I enabled it and also told it to enable on reset. However when I reset the device, it tells me the following error:
    MyVibe.mscr "There is no application associated with "MyVibe". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application"
    Did you install to the Device or to the SD card?

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I did read the instructions I installed it into the device (would be hard to install to my SD since it hasn't arrived yet). Am I supposed to install any other software in order for this to run properly?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast