Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Has anyone who upgraded from a 700w to a 700wx tried to restore a backup that was created on a 700w to a 700wx? If so, what were the results?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Has anyone who upgraded from a 700w to a 700wx tried to restore a backup that was created on a 700w to a 700wx? If so, what were the results?
    As much as a pain in the *** I would start fresh that what I did and I believe most people do. However test it out and let us no how thing went I would be very interested in hearing about your results plus if anything bad happens you can always hard reset the phone.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    spend the few minutes and do it right.....there are alot of bug fixes in the 700wx and there are a few i think you will want to benifit from.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I wouldn't do it. For one you are going from one firmware to a new one. Secondly you will be losing a lot of registry keys.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I was told by both Verizon and Palm not to do it... the WX has a completely different software build that is several versions higher than the W... If you insist on doing it, I would limit it to files only - no system items, etc...
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm not even sure I'm going to get the 700wx (if I do, I'm going to pay full retail) but I wanted to factor this aspect of it into my decision-making process.