1.    #1  
    First off, let me say, I LOVE/Hate Phonealarm... it's a necessary evil for me!

Finally a PhoneAlarm version that plays nice if not perfectly with the Treo 750. Bruce (Developer of Phonealarm) just got a 750 and it looks like he has done some great things for us Treo 750 owners and I expect the best versions of PhoneAlarm I have ever used.

If you use Phonealarm I would highly recommend this update (Found in the beta forums at http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=3974.0) This latest build seems to be BUG FREE on the Treo 750, and all features are working as advertised (So Far).

As a side note... PhoneAlarm is not without its repeated issues, and be very careful about updating to future releases (Beta or Final). PhoneAlarm / Bruce has a huge habit of breaking things on almost every update. Bruce is great about fixing issues, but some bugs (IMO) created during updates are just due to poor programming - it can be VERY frustrating!
    Thanks for the heads up. I too am having a love/hate relationship with this app but really want to hang on to it as it does so much that I have been in need of.
    I just replaced 1.60 beta 2 with this one and will see how it goes today.

Greg
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    In my experience, PA has been too much of a hassle. I'll stick to the base functionality and Mortscript notifications.

But thanks anyways for the info!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    In my experience, PA has been too much of a hassle. I'll stick to the base functionality and Mortscript notifications.

But thanks anyways for the info!
    I totally agree... I have NEVER had a version of this software work without issues/bugs. I am a long time user of this software (3 years), it has gotten much better, but not without frustration.

That is why I post this now. It seems this Beta is working better then ANY other version I have used, and also works with the Treo better (Knock on wood).

STILL: Looks like the Missed Call count is reset to zero, but as soon as another call is received, it just increments from where it left off before it was cleard. Seems PA clears the alert/notification, changes to ZERO temporaliy, then once another call comes in it adds to previous value before Zero.

Missed calls is now like, Missed calls since I last looked at full call log.

You see... PA is still not without its bugs.
    Last edited by Interstink; 02/28/2007 at 11:58 AM.
    Interstink, how's your Treo performance with this latest version?
    I used 1.58 for a while and loved the functionality, but one day when I had to uninstall it I noticed performance was way better (responsiveness of the Treo in general) without it. One of those things you don't really notice until you uninstall or stop using an app.

Can you tell if this new version slows down your Treo?

Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    Interstink, how's your Treo performance with this latest version?
    I used 1.58 for a while and loved the functionality, but one day when I had to uninstall it I noticed performance was way better (responsiveness of the Treo in general) without it. One of those things you don't really notice until you uninstall or stop using an app.

Can you tell if this new version slows down your Treo?

Thanks.
    As with most today plugins or other software the polls the system continually, you will notice a hit on performance. As stated before, its a necessary evil. If you can live without PhoneAlarm, I wouldn't install it. I cant live without phonealarm.
    i just discovered phonealarm today and downloaded the lite version of 1.58. the only reason (that i know of so far) i wanted phonealarm is so the LED would blink on my phone when i miss a txt msg, email, or phone call. how is v. 1.60 better? and is paypal the only way to buy this program? how much is the lite version in USD? Thanks.
    Check out the "Fun with Mortscript" thread here at TC if all you want it the blinking LED. Its free and will bog your Treo down less. Don't get me wrong...I love PA, but I would drop it in a second if all I wanted was the blinking LED.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Check out the "Fun with Mortscript" thread here at TC if all you want it the blinking LED. Its free and will bog your Treo down less. Don't get me wrong...I love PA, but I would drop it in a second if all I wanted was the blinking LED.
    What does it have that you can't live without?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yeah i would check fun with mortscript out...they are really moving in there...a lot of great stuff...
    Aqxea, I like the message, call, sms indicators on my today screen. If I could find something that would popup on the screen with this same info assigned to a hotkey, I would go with it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer