Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to use the Jabra 8010 with their treo's long enough to give a review?

Specifically I am curious as to the sound quality that these offer for Music. I have been using the Siedo ear buds for the past couple of weeks, but had a chance to try out the Motorola 820 stereo headset and it totally blew my little ear buds out of the water for quality. Any comments?
    I liked the 820 also but took Them back for a refund and just received the Jabra 8010.Stereo sound quality is beautiful.Plus it's pretty nice not having to carry headphones around.
    Quote Originally Posted by djdurance View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to use the Jabra 8010 with their treo's long enough to give a review?

Specifically I am curious as to the sound quality that these offer for Music. I have been using the Siedo ear buds for the past couple of weeks, but had a chance to try out the Motorola 820 stereo headset and it totally blew my little ear buds out of the water for quality. Any comments?
    Got my set yesterday. My first impression when taking them out of the box is pretty cool. That's where the cool factor stops. The sound quality for music is marginal at best compared to the moto ht820 (I guess size does matter). They are plenty loud for music but for phone calls the volume is waaay to low...Can't figure that one out. I dont know if the $$ justifies what you get. Still on the fence for keeping them just becasue I like the form factor and the ability of using it in mono. Maybe my expectaticons are a little high but $140 bucks is a lot of coin for a headset. Just my 2 cents..
    Last edited by gobigblue; 02/28/2007 at 12:43 PM.
    hmm
    I find the call volume to be pretty strong.
    Have you checked your VOL settings on treo and headset.
    Man, I wish I had one of those 8010's. I'm jealous.

EDIT: wow, wouldn't you know, the UPS man just dropped one of these off at my door!!!
    Last edited by hannip; 02/28/2007 at 01:48 PM.
    Bah couldnt wait for a review... Just ordered mine..
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Man, I wish I had one of those 8010's. I'm jealous.

EDIT: wow, wouldn't you know, the UPS man just dropped one of these off at my door!!!
    So where is your review??
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hmm
    I find the call volume to be pretty strong.
    Have you checked your VOL settings on treo and headset.
    I wouldnt be surprised with the call volume except music is so much louder. In general have never had anyluck with the over the ear type..I have always had to use the in ear type to get sound I can hear. To answer your question I turned both the volumes up to max on the device and headset and still not where I would like it to be. I am comming from a plantronics 645 btw
    Last edited by gobigblue; 02/28/2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: fixed some errors
    Quote Originally Posted by fearthefox View Post
    So where is your review??
    charging... It actually says Charging... on the display.
    charging... It actually says Charging... on the display.

Cool factor is very high thats for sure
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Received mine today, too. They are skipping quite a bit with my 700wx with Hannip's hack. No other Bluetooth or Wi-Fi devices around.

When they are not skipping, they sound very good. Hannip, any skipping with yours?
    No skip here til I get about 20 to 25 ft away
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Okay, most of the time it just skips two or three times during the first 30 seconds of playback. It is fine thereafter. Any ideas?
    Ok, I've played with my new toy a bit and can give you a review.

The good.
    - It's definitely got the cool factor
    - Pairs with both of my phones just fine and will take calls to each one.
    - Music is pretty good for headset speakers and you can really crank it up loud.
    - Automatically turns on A2DP mode when audio is played on the device!!!
    - Caller Id on the headset is nice.
    - Works with A2DP on a single headset!!! Major bonus and is why I wanted these. No more stupid dongles!!!

The not so good
    - It is definitely more sensitive than my Samsung headphones. While I am in the same room as my treo it works well. I only noticed a couple of drop outs in about an hour of music play. My Samsungs never drop out. The Jabra's have major problems when you walk around the house. There is a lot of drop outs when you are out of direct line of sight of the treo. The Samsungs never skipped even when in another room with the doors closed.
    I plan to use these mostly in the car so it is fine for my purposes.
    - The call volume is ok, but you have to crank it all the way up to be satisfactory. This was the case for both the 700wx and 750. I haven't tried making calls in a noisey area yet so I can't report on that, but the manual says that volume is automatically adjusted based on the noise level.

Overall I'm really happy that I can now listen to music and slingplayer in the car wirelessly without breaking any laws.

Thanks again for the gift guys!!!
    Last edited by hannip; 02/28/2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo
    1)What is your feel on a scale from 1 to 5 stars
    2) How is the comfort feel
    3)Would you recommend
    Compared to other headsets it's a 4.5. And I'm not sure I can blame the headset for not being able to crank it really loud while on a phone call. I think it's Palm's bluetooth mods. With the original bluetooth stack you could turn it up louder. There is a little bit of static while on a phone call, but I think that's mainly due to having to crank it to the max.

Compared to other A2DP headphones it's a 3 due to the sensitivity and slightly inferior sound quality. But for my purposes it's a definite 5. No other A2DP headphones can disconnect from each side.

The good definity out weighs the bad.
    being able to listen to music with only one headset.That was the deal maker for me.
    They have great style.
    Great connectivity.
    Great sound.

The cost of 150.00 seems steap but very well worth.
    I give them a 4 star.
    I think it's Palm's bluetooth mods. With the original bluetooth stack you could turn it up louder.
    Is there anyway to work the stack to are benefit.
    I've been looking, but haven't found anything yet. It's either good connection and a2dp or good loudness. Pick your poison.
  20.    #20  
    Thanks for the reviews... I think I'm going to give either the Sony 970 a try or the Nokia 601.

Have either of you had experience that you could compare music playback on either of these devices compared to the 8010?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast