Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    Okay, after a hard reset, I installed the one-step cab fresh, and I'm still having the same issue. I guess my bluetooth radio must be defective, or possibly my high bitrate WMAs are too much for the bluetooth stack.
    Davin, Any luck correcting the problem? I am having similar issues on a Verizon Treo 700wx. I get a lot of skipping when I start playing music. It smooths out until I try to do anything else on the device and then it comes back...

Also what bitrate is recommended for mp3s on the Treo... The ones I am having problems are 192Kbps - 266 Kbps. Should I down sample them?

Is there a better player than media player pocket?

Thanks
    JFeezie
    Try mortplayer. I think it uses less CPU cycles...also you can change the buffer rate...maybe its a buffering issue.

Woo my 8010s are charging
    Last edited by volwrath; 03/02/2007 at 05:15 PM.
    Hannip/Sling

The size difference between the left headset and the right headset, is it noticable weight wise? does your head feel abit ****-eyed?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfeezie View Post
    Davin, Any luck correcting the problem? I am having similar issues on a Verizon Treo 700wx. I get a lot of skipping when I start playing music. It smooths out until I try to do anything else on the device and then it comes back...

Also what bitrate is recommended for mp3s on the Treo... The ones I am having problems are 192Kbps - 266 Kbps. Should I down sample them?

Thanks
    JFeezie
    Still unresolved, and I've also noticed that my 8010s have issues transitioning from A2DP to headset profile and back, and on and off calls, oftentimes leaving the headset icon on the today screen permanently, requiring a power cycle on the headset and toggling BT on the treo to POSSIBLY fix the problem. Also, I've noticed that the pitch of the song shifts during plackback (I'm a musician).

I am pretty frustrated at this point that Jabra's flagship dual-function BT headset dosen't work better. I may call Jabra and see if they'll switch them out for me.
    Dude I feel your pain. I have a similar issue as well along with the fact that when the headset is paired the phone doesn't ring. i've about had it with the headset and device. I don't know which is to blame.
    Last edited by gobigblue; 03/02/2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo
    I came across a couple issues that I'm really not liking.
    1)It takes about 15-25 sec for the headset to unpair from device and on a 3 occasions Ive lost sound all together having to soft reset to recover sound.
    2)losing ringtone when headset active-leading me to this question .Is that the norm for the A2DP headsets?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Wow, so many of us are having problems. I've arranged for a replacement of my 8010s, but I'm wondering if the new ones will have the same problems. Hannip, I know you were not hearing any skipping, but are you having any of the other issues?
    I've been using them primarily for a2dp in the car during my commute. Been working great so far as long as the treo remains in direct line of sight with the headset. For those with skipping problems, have you tried changing your a2dp settings? I had written a script to do that.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...25&postcount=4

For mono a2dp the last setting on the menu requires the least bandwidth.
    Quote Originally Posted by winter720 View Post
    Hannip/Sling

The size difference between the left headset and the right headset, is it noticable weight wise? does your head feel abit ****-eyed?
    The primary headset is significantly larger and slightly heavier, but no your head does not feel ****-eyed.
    Still unresolved, and I've also noticed that my 8010s have issues transitioning from A2DP to headset profile and back, and on and off calls, oftentimes leaving the headset icon on the today screen permanently, requiring a power cycle on the headset and toggling BT on the treo to POSSIBLY fix the problem. Also, I've noticed that the pitch of the song shifts during plackback (I'm a musician).

I am pretty frustrated at this point that Jabra's flagship dual-function BT headset dosen't work better. I may call Jabra and see if they'll switch them out for me.
    What player are you using? I noticed a problem with PocketMusic resuming after a call, but WMP handles it perfectly. I haven't tried PocketPlayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfeezie View Post

Thanks
    JFeezie
    All of my songs are 128kbps. Maybe that's why I have less issues? I use WMP on the desktop to transfer songs over. I wonder if it is automagically down converting the bitrate of the songs on sync.
    Edit: nope, it's 128kbps on the desktop also.

I think any higher bitrate is just a waste since it seems the quality is limited by the a2dp bitpool setting on the treo, not the higher bitrate that the song was recorded in.

I find a bitpool of 48 is probably the highest setting that the treo can handle before major skipping issues occur. The Jabra's sound great at that bitpool setting at 128kbps, but do skip a few times at the start.

Edit: So to transmit stereo at 128kbps per channel you need a bitpool that supports at least 256kbps. A bitpool of 40 doesn't quite get you there at around 250kbps and is why I think I still hear a bit of midrange distortion at that setting. A bitpool of 48 gets you to almost 300kbps and pretty much eliminates the distortion. To faithfully reproduce a recording at 192kbps per channel you'd need to transmit at least 384kbps or a bitpool of around 68.

For vzw 700wx users that don't have any a2dp settings defined your default max bitpool is 80. So based on the recording it will try to negotiate the higher bitpool which the treo can't support.

Can someone that is experiencing skipping try some songs at 128kbps bitrate and see if that helps?
    Last edited by hannip; 03/03/2007 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Try mortplayer. I think it uses less CPU cycles...also you can change the buffer rate...maybe its a buffering issue.

Woo my 8010s are charging
    I haven't tried mortplayer in a while. Does it now support the avrcp controls? What skin are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I haven't tried mortplayer in a while. Does it now support the avrcp controls? What skin are you using?
    It does support avrcp. I am using the default skin. Mortplayer now has 240x240 skin. It does have a slight bug in that sometimes you will exit the program and lose your hardware buttons. That is fixed by opening the virt keyboard and hitting the ctrl key.

I like it due to its audio books feature where it will remember last position and wont add audiobooks/podcasts when you do a shuffle all.

edit: I think the bug has to do with the gx.dll mortplayer provides, along with a conflict of magic button. Only a few ppl are reporting this problem.
    Last edited by volwrath; 03/03/2007 at 09:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Hannip, what is the default bitpool setting in the one-click cab? Also, if we installed using the one-click cab, do we already have mortscript installed as a part of that?

Thanks,
    Davin
    It sets bitpool to 40. MortScript.exe is placed in Program Files\A2DP folder on device or sd card depending on where you installed it. You can run it to associate the .mscr extension to it.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    So, most of my music is 160-192kbps protected content. No matter how many times I tell WMP in the properties for my storage card to encode at 128kbps, it still encodes at the native bitrate of the source track on the PC.

I'm assuming I just need a bitpool of 68 to be safe, but I don't see that as an option in your script (in the linked post above). I guess if you modify the script to include 68, I would just run mortscript from the existing install, import the script, and then run it.

Will this work?
    That's the rub. There is no way the treo can handle a bitpool of 68. Although I have to admit I never tried beyond 48, but if it's starting to skip already at 40ish the higher you go the worse it gets. Just not enough horsepower unless maybe you overclock to 520mhz.
    So, most of my music is 160-192kbps protected content. No matter how many times I tell WMP in the properties for my storage card to encode at 128kbps, it still encodes at the native bitrate of the source track on the PC.

I'm assuming I just need a bitpool of 68 to be safe, but I don't see that as an option in your script (in the linked post above). I guess if you modify the script to include 68, I would just run mortscript from the existing install, import the script, and then run it.

Will this work?
    You should be able to simply change bitpool to 30 or 40 and those 192 kb mp3s should play fine..tho you will lose fidelity.
    I've got an issue. When I try to make a call after the headset has sat for awhile, the headset will beep like it picked up the outgoing call, but there is nothing after that. The 700wx shows that the headset is active, but there still is no sound. Requires a soft reset to get the little headphones icon off the phone. Any ideas???
    Thanks.
    Tony
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amhernan3 View Post
    I've got an issue. When I try to make a call after the headset has sat for awhile, the headset will beep like it picked up the outgoing call, but there is nothing after that. The 700wx shows that the headset is active, but there still is no sound. Requires a soft reset to get the little headphones icon off the phone. Any ideas???
    Thanks.
    Tony
    I had this same issue, and it was one of the reasons I returned my 8010 for a replacement. I hope my new 8010 does not have this same issue when it arrives.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast