Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If this is the only headset/headphones out right now that can be used mono with A2DP, then I think it's worth the look for sure. I recently got the Motorola HT820's and after about 20 minutes I decided that I'm going to return them. They're uncomfortable, look funny, and the phone quality is poor (though stereo music is pretty solid). So I guess the Jabra is going to be the one I'm going to end up with... Then again, if it's ear bud style, I guess you could drive while only using one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    If this is the only headset/headphones out right now that can be used mono with A2DP, then I think it's worth the look for sure. I recently got the Motorola HT820's and after about 20 minutes I decided that I'm going to return them. They're uncomfortable, look funny, and the phone quality is poor (though stereo music is pretty solid). So I guess the Jabra is going to be the one I'm going to end up with... Then again, if it's ear bud style, I guess you could drive while only using one of them.
    That was my exact experience also
    what about listening to music when a cal lcomes in?
    the music pauses while you take teh call and resumes when you hang up.
    hmmm.when I'm listening to media with incoming call the left headset plays music and the right headset takes the call at the same time lol,,lol,,lol
    Is that normal hahaha
    Just joking
    I wanted to make sure the switch from A2DP to handsfree is seamless.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    How big is the mono headset (the one with the display)?

Is it much bigger than the Treo bluetooth headset which I currently have? (http://www.costcentral.com/proddetai...72245/froogle/)
    Has anyone seen or heard of this headset??? Lubix UBHS-LC1-3D http://www.ubixon.net/english/product/product01.asp
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    Okay, most of the time it just skips two or three times during the first 30 seconds of playback. It is fine thereafter. Any ideas?
    Anyone else seeing (or, I guess, hearing) this type of behavior?
    Ive got a couple skips when im 20 ft away.Either then that all is well.It's a great headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by fearthefox View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard of this headset??? Lubix UBHS-LC1-3D http://www.ubixon.net/english/product/product01.asp
    I've only seen it on engadget and ebay. I have yet to find any reviews, however (or a retailer other than ebay).
    Could someone rate the comfort of the 8010's. Would they be comfortable and stay in your ears on a run? How do they work with sweating?
    Thanks.
    Comfe around the ears,No idea on the sweat factor yet.
    Anyone else seeing (or, I guess, hearing) this type of behavior?
    I have the exact same problem. I have tried Hannips hack, and it sitll happens. I switched headsets, to the moto's, and it still happened.

Im going to swap devices next and see if it persists although I am not optimistic.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I have the exact same problem. I have tried Hannips hack, and it sitll happens. I switched headsets, to the moto's, and it still happened.

Im going to swap devices next and see if it persists although I am not optimistic.
    Please keep me posted on your troubleshooting of this issue. I am going to pair the 8010s with my wife's laptop tonight to see if the problem persists; however, based on what your saying, the problem may lie in the Treo.

The only other thing I can think of is that most of my music is encoded at a high bitrate.

Best wishes,
    Davin
    BTW, I used my 8010 on the drive to work today. Volume was fine for the headset profile and more than enough for a2dp. You can literally blow out your ear drums by cranking up the a2dp volume too high. No idea why the headset profile volume can't be cranked as loud, but it is adequate at max setting.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Please keep me posted on your troubleshooting of this issue. I am going to pair the 8010s with my wife's laptop tonight to see if the problem persists; however, based on what your saying, the problem may lie in the Treo.

The only other thing I can think of is that most of my music is encoded at a high bitrate.

Best wishes,
    Davin
    Okay, I paired the 8010s with my wife's Dell laptop. Absolutely no skipping and better sound quality. So, the problem must be with the Treo. Hannip, any ideas? Should I hard reset and reinstall?

Thanks,
    Davin
    Worth a try. There is a new one step installer now available. Make sure you soft reset and close all programs (even ones in the background) before installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fearthefox View Post
    I've used them and the NC1s as well. They sound good but the BT range isn't very good. Great fit when using Jabra eargels with them.

The range on the 8010s is much better but the Jabras are huge and uncomfortable. I removed the earhooks and used Slicsounds with the Jabras which fit better but they were still way too large and dorky looking. They got returned.

It's NC1s for now and I'll get the S9 when released.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Okay, after a hard reset, I installed the one-step cab fresh, and I'm still having the same issue. I guess my bluetooth radio must be defective, or possibly my high bitrate WMAs are too much for the bluetooth stack.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast