1.    #1  
    Just a couple quick questions. I've had the 740 for a couple days now and have noticed some weird issues and wondered if anyone else has noticed these.

Text Messages-I see that they appear as a conversation which is really cool. However, this morning I had an alert that I had a new message. At the top of the today screen an icon that looks very much like a IM notification (little voice box like what appears on comic stips when someone is talking) It also said I had a new message. When I clicked on the text messaging box all that was listed was my last reply from yesterday. ?? I had deleted yesterdays conversation though?? Weeeiiirrrrd.

Backlight/Screen-Seems to periodically turn on and off for no apparent reason. Does it do this by default when it's checking my email? I have Cingulars Express mail set up to push my work email, and have my Gmail checking every 15 minutes on the pop3. Any ideas why it'll periodically turn on and off?
    Quote Originally Posted by aquayonex View Post
    Just a couple quick questions. I've had the 740 for a couple days now and have noticed some weird issues and wondered if anyone else has noticed these.

Backlight/Screen-Seems to periodically turn on and off for no apparent reason. Does it do this by default when it's checking my email? I have Cingulars Express mail set up to push my work email, and have my Gmail checking every 15 minutes on the pop3. Any ideas why it'll periodically turn on and off?
    Start -> Settings -> System -> Backlight
    and
    Start -> Settings -> System -> Power -> Advanced
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    To the first question- when you were least in the SMS app you left the "sent items" list open, and when you re-entered the program that's what you were looking at. I think. Try moving the top box over top "inbox" and see if that helps.

You may also have deleted a message that was never read. Try looking in your "deleted items" folder also
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    On Cingular's website and in the Treo manual, the balloon you noticed in the upper bar was to represent "A combination of new E-mail, SMS, MMS or Voicemail." Basically, it was telling you that you had multiple new messages.

Yes, it is possible that the light going on and off is from the push mail, that could be a good reason why batteries tend to die faster with the push mail on. My 750 lights up the same way when I get a new text message.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquayonex View Post
    I am having the same problem. I have deleted my gmail accounts and all emails and it still does it. I have checked the settings/back light as well as power and all is fine.

I have no idea how to fix this issue and it is getting quite annoying as now I have no email address, nor am I getting a text and the backlight/screen keeps turning on every 10-15 minutes.

Someone pls help before I throw my Treo 750 against the wall....lol

** all setting are correct. Phone is unlocked and has WM6 if that makes a difference.