Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I searched and found most everyone is happy with their phone's volume while on a call. I have mine up to the max and I still would like about 3 more clicks.
    This morning I made a call, and when the phone first connected to make the call, I put the phone up to my ear, the phone was "ringing" the number I just dialed and it was quite loud for a split second, then it went down, like muted almost and stayed that way. Anyone have this happen???
    Is there a way I can go into registry and up the volume somehow? Is there something keeping my phone from it's "max volume output"?

Thanks!!!!
    Although acceptable, I too wish the non-speaker phone volume was louder. Maybe I am just a little bit deaf.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    I have heard from a CSR at a Cingular store that this could be a hardware problem with the phone. She implied that she had some Treos returned because of this. You should compare it with another if you can. The volume on my earpiece is plenty loud and sometimes, I have to turn it down.
    My speaker seems fine. I do find that it gets muffled sometimes if it's in a noisier environment and not as loud as other phones in that setting, but otherwise it is plenty loud. Also, it gets plenty loud when using it with a bluetooth headset or wired headset.
    Mine seems loud enough. I usually have it one or two clicks down from max.
    In the noisiest of places I can't hear much, but certainly can't talk to someone in those places either.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Sending mine back. I should have a replacement on Monday.

We'll see if the new one has a louder speaker.

When i get the new one, I should be able to just swap sims and be up and running, right?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    Make sure you sync it before you change the SIM so you don't lose any of your data. I am pretty sure you will have to set up a new partnership in activesync for the new phone. Also, I know this sounds like common sense, but if you have a memory card in it, make sure you take it out. I almost forgot when I had to swap my phone out.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips!!!!