Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have a 750v on the way right now and I was hoping to find out if I will NEED to have an extra battery to function with it the way I do with my TyTN. With my use, which is sometimes pretty heavy, I end up with anywhere from 50-70% of the battery left at the end of the day. On really light days I end up with around 80-90%.

On a heavy day I respond to about 30-50 emails, about the same number of text messages, maybe 20 minutes on the internet, and about 3-4 hours of phone calls. A light day, on the other hand, consists of only a few calls of no more than 10 minutes, only a few emails that I actually respond to, and 20 or so texts.

Can the 750v keep up if I turn off the 3g radio?
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    I would say no. With as much usage as you say, I would either carry a spare second OEM battery or go to Seidio (sp?) and get the extended life battery. The extended life battery comes with a new battery cover, though, because the battery is much thicker than the original.
    Seidio makes a 1300 battery too. It will fit in the original battery slot. But someone claimed it works even worse than the original. I don't know, but I want another battery too, just in case. I may just get another OEM battery. The OEM I have now seems to work really well on stand-by. But then I don't poll for email or surf a whole lot.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    How are you going to charge the extra battery?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    The Palm cradle charges an extra battery...right?
    Yes, it should. Isn't the one Palm cradle compatible with all models?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Certain cradles are not fully compatible w/the 750.

Just to add, I NEVER get battery life like the OP stated on the Tytn if I talk on the phone to 3-4 hrs/day. Impossible. 3-4 HOURS at 70%? Not even close.

As long as I don't touch slingplayer, battery life is not an issue for a day. If I sling, then I usually charge it a little in the middle of the day. Emails and Internet aren't that big a deal IMO, unless you are manually pulling your email.