1.    #1  
    are we allowed IF we turn the phone off? anyone ever questioned?
    I have a friend who is a pilot and he uses a treo. He takes it with him and turns the phone off when everyone else has to.
    Enough is enough! I have had it with the mf'in treos on this mf'in plane.

--Samuel L. Jackson
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    stroths, I'm seriously lol...

I watched that pile of elephant dung the other day. I had dared myself to do it, and well, it wasn't pretty.

In all seriousness, though, turn off the radio, like hsjones says, and you should be cool.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    stroths, I'm seriously lol...

I watched that pile of elephant dung the other day. I had dared myself to do it, and well, it wasn't pretty.

In all seriousness, though, turn off the radio, like hsjones says, and you should be cool.
    I've never even given it a second thought and never been questioned. Good thing I never ran across Samuel L. apparently...
    www.texxors.com - the latest tech news, reviews, and free hardware and software support.

www.datechest.com - Wookin' pa nub? 100% Free dating site with photo profiles and local search.

www.workchest.com - Got love, now need money? Find short term and freelance work.
    I've had mine on the plane lost of times. You can use it no problem. It's just like any other ipod etc, when they put away electronic devices then you have to put them away. No big deal.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I fly twice a week and use it every trip to watch movies or TV shows I missed and I put on my SD card.. bring an extra battery it you have a long flight and want to watch movies.
    I've run into a problem once. The flight attendant told me I wasn't allowed to use my phone on the plane. I explained that I turned the radio off and it was now just a PDA. Unfortunately he wouldn't budge. I was quite surprised. Other than this one time, though, it's never been a problem.
    I just turn off the phone (pressing the red button). I used it to listen to music and play games when I went overseas last month..
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I've run into a problem once. The flight attendant told me I wasn't allowed to use my phone on the plane. I explained that I turned the radio off and it was now just a PDA. Unfortunately he wouldn't budge. I was quite surprised. Other than this one time, though, it's never been a problem.
    This is proof of the ignorance of some people. I too fly every week and have never had a problem. I compose and read emails, play games etc. on mine during a flight.

One word of caution though. If you use Phone Alarm and have different profiles set up, be sure the profile setting for Activate Radio is set to Leave Unchanged. If a profile happens to change during the flight and this setting is set to ON, it will turn the phone's radio ON without you knowing it. I used to have this set to ON and I was surprised when my phone started ringing as we were landing once. I knew I had turned it OFF.
    My ex is a pilot for Delta, has a 700p and always uses it. Sometimes he calls from the cockpit between flights...
    anyone see the mythbusters where they determined that phones can't affect the plane's electronics?

In the end, just turn off the phone function and use it as a pda. I've never had a problem. If anyone questions you, turn off the radio in front of them. The goodbye screen should and the x's on top should do the job.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I fly Northwest 6-8 times a year on business. Only one time was I asked to put it away completely -- I showed them the phone off screen and they were happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I was confronted by a flight attendant once and I just showed her that it was in flight mode and that the radio was shut down and I was just watching a movie. She didn't give me much trouble after that, but asked me about my device and thought it was pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I was confronted by a flight attendant once and I just showed her that it was in flight mode and that the radio was shut down and I was just watching a movie. She didn't give me much trouble after that, but asked me about my device and thought it was pretty cool.
    Yeah, as I said before, never had a problem besides that one time. I gave up trying to explain it to/argue with him. It wasn't worth the trouble.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cusesteve View Post
    are we allowed IF we turn the phone off? anyone ever questioned?
    Ive never had a problem in the states.

But flying in europe I was told several times that I couldnt listen to music on my phone even with the radio turned off.
    no problems in the Caribbean... I just turn of phone raddio like everyone else