1.    #1  
    Good Afternoon,

I should have my 700wx from verizon waiting for me when I get home...rather than go in and screw it up, I thought I would ask the experts. This is my first PDA or smartphone.I will be using this for email from an exchange server, calendar, contacts, etc and internet access, music, etc...

What are 'MUST HAVE' extras/downloads and where do i get them?

Anything I really DONT want to use as delivered or download?

Any trick or tips on using/setting up the 700wx?

How big a memory card will it support? I think the documentation says 2GB, but I have read here some folks using 4GB?

If I watch my slingbox with the 700, wont I eat up all of my verizon 'unlimited' data plan? I think it is 5 GB.

Anything else I need to know? I appreciate all of the answers and will keep you up to date on how the 'new guy' is doing!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Since you are new, you might want to try searching the forum for your answers first. If you mess anything up you can always do a hard reset to restore your phone.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    start with the sticky above. I think it's called "Suggested threads for Treo 700w/wx users" or something like that.
    then start with a backup program. sprite or spb
    Congratulations. The 700wx is great. I have one.

Essential software is preference-driven and there is a sticky thread in the 700w/wx forum about this.

However, here are mine:

- Msafe (send my Treo a secret sms and it wipes memory, good in case I lose the Treo).

- Spb Backup. Because it is better than the free Sprite.

- Resco Photo Viewer. If you have an exchange server you probably get your faxes thru the server. This lets you receive the faxes on your Treo as an email attachment and view them.

Resco File Explorer. Because it is better than the installed File Explorer.

- Extra battery.

- 4GB SD card. I'm told 8GB won't work. I have a Transcend 4GB 150x card and another one coming from newegg.com thanks to a tip on a thread here at TC yesterday.

- Threaded SMS patch. This is for my Sprint 700wx. Maybe yours won't need it. But if you text a lot, you need this. There is a sticky thread.

Keep asking questions. You will, I am sure, love your new phone, and please stick around TC and join in the conversation.
    Oh man. Just saw this in your post. The FIRST thing to do is get unlimited data. Ditch that 5GB plan or it will cost you huge dollars in overages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Oh man. Just saw this in your post. The FIRST thing to do is get unlimited data. Ditch that 5GB plan or it will cost you huge dollars in overages.

I think that is unlimited data as he stated "Unlimited data plan". I may be wrong but I think there was some controversy over what unlimited was with Verizon. If true, he can't help he's gettin hosed by Verizon in one of their many existing ways. Be happy your with Sprint Tasty.
    at&t iPhone3G
  8.    #8  
    Tasty, Yes, I have the 'Unlimited' verizon data, but I cant help but think I would use that all up in an afternoon sitting in the airport 'slingin'....or am I missing the boat.

Thanks for the help thus far!
    Sorry I misunderstood. I was reading all of this on my Treo at lunch, peering through that tiny little window on the world at 240 x 240 resolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Congratulations. The 700wx is great. I have one.

Essential software is preference-driven and there is a sticky thread in the 700w/wx forum about this.

However, here are mine:

- Msafe (send my Treo a secret sms and it wipes memory, good in case I lose the Treo).

- Spb Backup. Because it is better than the free Sprite.

- Resco Photo Viewer. If you have an exchange server you probably get your faxes thru the server. This lets you receive the faxes on your Treo as an email attachment and view them.

Resco File Explorer. Because it is better than the installed File Explorer.

- Extra battery.

- 4GB SD card. I'm told 8GB won't work. I have a Transcend 4GB 150x card and another one coming from newegg.com thanks to a tip on a thread here at TC yesterday.

- Threaded SMS patch. This is for my Sprint 700wx. Maybe yours won't need it. But if you text a lot, you need this. There is a sticky thread.

Keep asking questions. You will, I am sure, love your new phone, and please stick around TC and join in the conversation.

I dont see anything the free Sprite Backup is not good. Actually I liked Sprite better than SPB since WM2003. it was always better than the spb, and I guess that is why Palm, HP and now HTC phones always have it on board , but not SPB.

For a phone secure software, Sprite have a free utility and it worked better than that Msafe. Anyway, its free and does the job.

Resco is a really good tool to have though.