1.    #1  
    I poked around, but came up with nothing on this...

Not that I could even imagine a world in which my Treo isn't grafted to the side of my body and/or hand at all times, but if one were to have to leave the phone without using it for 1-2 weeks, what would be the best way to do this?

Should it be plugged in? Should the battery be removed? A backup performed prior to the abandonment? Anything like this I may be not thinking of?

Has anyone had to do this? What were the results?
    END OF LINE
    2 Weeks of non-use?
    Hot Sync to Backup (or SD card if you have the program)
    I would fully charge it and turn the PHONE OFF.
    And store it in a cool area, (not a car glove compartment in summer.)

Option Two -- would be to remove the battery -- just like they do during shipping. I would especially do this if it was going to be for longer than 2 weeks. (Programs that are still running (alarms, email pulls, checking the Internet for weather updates) -- concern me -- as they would continue to run (even with the phone and Internet connection turned off) and wear the battery down -- so best to remove the battery.

Best BATTERY storage for longeviety: 40/40
    40 DEGREES AT 40% CHARGE.
    (Refrigerator?)
    This would be for battery storage for a month or longer (the Treo could stay on the night stand).

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/27/2007 at 12:29 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Perry - appreciate the quick response.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You should be shot for abandonment of a treo. We will have to contact the appropriate authorities.

Take battery out.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  5.    #5  
    dimitri!!! You must understand!!!

I may be traveling in Europe over the summer, and using the Treo in any easy way is not going to really happen (see this thread)... I will most likely bring my 6700 with built-in wi-fi to run Skype... I don't want anything to happen to my Treo...

I love it so much, I would be devastated if something happened. So I am being a good parent, and PROTECTING it by leaving it out of harm's way... but I should probably still be shot for even suggesting such a thing.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Which carrier are you with? If you have Verizon you can add International services I think. You might want to check.
  7.    #7  
    I've got Sprint, and they've got options too... none of which particularly appealed to me, as my pockets are not bottomless. I can rent a different phone or a (shudder) BlackBerry... but I don't really want to do that.

I'm actually excited to ready my travel device with tweaks and specific apps for the road...
    END OF LINE
    Extended NON-use??? **Begins twitching at the thought**
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    1-2 weeks isn't extended non-use lol...

Back up your data to your sdcard/pc and buy sprint's insurance plan.

I don't even put a screen protector or case on these days. Anything breaks on this phone and sprint gives me a new one hassle free. Sprint's insurance plan is the most liberal, easiest to use warranty/insurance I've ever used and totally worth the $6/month.

Even if your battery doesn't hold enough charge, just call up sprint and they will give you a new one with no hassles.

If it's stolen or lost, no worries $50 and it's replaced.
    Hey Mrmarshmellow!

I agree that Sprint's insurance is great -- (and I am sure this was not the point you were trying to make) but to others reading this . . . . . please do not allow this great insurance to lead you to not protect your equipment as you would -- if there were no insurance.. . . . . . I do not want to be paying $10 a month next year.

Cheers, Perry.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarshmellow View Post
    1-2 weeks isn't extended non-use lol...

Back up your data to your sdcard/pc and buy sprint's insurance plan.

I don't even put a screen protector or case on these days. Anything breaks on this phone and sprint gives me a new one hassle free. Sprint's insurance plan is the most liberal, easiest to use warranty/insurance I've ever used and totally worth the $6/month.

Even if your battery doesn't hold enough charge, just call up sprint and they will give you a new one with no hassles.

If it's stolen or lost, no worries $50 and it's replaced.
    I have the insurance. Had it for years, actually. Never had to use it.

1-2 weeks of non-use IS extended for me. This phone has a permanent place stapled to my body, whether at the waist or hand itself...

And while I agree that Sprint does have a good thing going, in my experience, it's best to involve them as little as possible in my life. Kind of like the crazy annoying relative that you have to be nice to only at the holidays...

I don't particularly like the often brain-frying aggravation I get with CS...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    SINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must repense.
  13.    #13  
    Man, don't doubt the Treo love.

I gotta do what's right. And you may need some meds. lol
    END OF LINE