Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well,

the phone is great....except 2 things:

BT keeps disconnecting
    Internet - keeps having issues finding the modem...

Anyone else have this? When I go to the internet, it goes through the dial #777 then sometimes says no modem detected or some other error...if I see it again I will get it and post it.

Can anyone tell me the password for this setting?
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    Well,

BT keeps disconnecting

Anyone else have this? When I go to the internet, it goes through the dial #777 then sometimes says no modem detected or some other error...if I see it again I will get it and post it.

I got the message about the modem for the first time today. It took me a minute (and 3 attempts) but it did eventually find a modem. A temporary system-side issue perhaps?

NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
    Well,

BT keeps disconnecting

I had the same problem myself and talked with verizon btw user name is yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com password is verizon. They did some things on their end and everything is working fine the reason for the trouble that they gave me is it had to do with switching the phone from the v model to the wx model.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  4.    #4  
    hmm....I will call them and see what they say...it maybe a snaggle in the wx model...thanks for the info and I will keep you posted as to what they say if anything productive
    I have a similar problem, in that the connections are very spotty even in a full signal area. Sometimes when the phone shows a connection, I can't send or recieve mail or connect to the internet, and disconnect and reconnect to do anything.
    I spoke to customer service, and they had me *228 option 2, but it didn't do any good. I am in a 1x area, but traveled to an EV area over the weekend where everything worked fine.
    I'm having the same problem. Called customer support twice with no resolution so far. I used the Sprint version for over a week and it worked flawlessly. It was a beautiful phone and I couldn't wait to get it on VZW. I'm coming from a long line of Treos and most recently the VZW 700p. I hate VZW. They don't know how to release anything without issues. I guarantee that replies to the connectivity posts will continue to pour in. I need my email to connect and download immediately. There's no reason it should take 5 minutes for two text only emails to come in after connecting when the WX finally does get connected to the crappy VZW EVDO network. I'll probably be returning the WX and just roughing it with my 700p until a the firmware update is released. At least the 700p can download messages 10 times faster on the same network , even if it does lock up, reset etc. once in a while.

%$#! VZW
    Ok so this has been happening to me as well and the only solution that I found was to call vzw tech support. The first time I called the guy wanted me to hard reset the phone which I know will not solve the problem so I told the guy I was gonna call back to get a different rep. 2nd rep knew exactly what I was talking about when connecting to the internet and here is what he did. He took the data plan off my plan told me to try to connect and viola it worked he then put me on hold to put my data plan back on my plan very smooth to took less then 10 minutes and beats hard resetting the phone. If you have this problem just tell them to take the data plan off and put it back on but make sure you test your connection when they take it off.
  8.    #8  
    do you get charged for the time that you connect that you do not have it on?
    do you get charged for the time that you connect that you do not have it on?
    If your asking about my last post i'm sure you do but its only for a few minutes when your testing your internet connection other then that no you don't I do have the unlimited plan anyway so even I did get charged I could have them remove charges simply cause of the plan i'm on.
  10.    #10  
    I just called them and they were clueless about it....figures...calling for rep 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Ok so this has been happening to me as well and the only solution that I found was to call vzw tech support. The first time I called the guy wanted me to hard reset the phone which I know will not solve the problem so I told the guy I was gonna call back to get a different rep. 2nd rep knew exactly what I was talking about when connecting to the internet and here is what he did. He took the data plan off my plan told me to try to connect and viola it worked he then put me on hold to put my data plan back on my plan very smooth to took less then 10 minutes and beats hard resetting the phone. If you have this problem just tell them to take the data plan off and put it back on but make sure you test your connection when they take it off.
    I seem to recall people having similar problems and a similar solution when switching to the Q from other data devices (I went to the Q from a "dumb" phone, so I didn't have the problem).

Really, it should just be a matter of them doing what you tell them to. It shouldn't matter if they understand the problem, just as long as they are capable of following your instructions (e.g., I don't want the data plan, take it off...I changed my mind, put the data plan back on).
    Quote Originally Posted by safelder View Post
    I seem to recall people having similar problems and a similar solution when switching to the Q from other data devices (I went to the Q from a "dumb" phone, so I didn't have the problem).

Really, it should just be a matter of them doing what you tell them to. It shouldn't matter if they understand the problem, just as long as they are capable of following your instructions (e.g., I don't want the data plan, take it off...I changed my mind, put the data plan back on).
    The rep I spoke to did say that when you switch devices the internet might get messed up, I switched from the w to the wx so I figured it has to do with me switching phones. I really dont think their (verizon) system understands the difference when you switch phones. So their system thinks you have your old phone. just my thoughts btw I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    The rep I spoke to did say that when you switch devices the internet might get messed up.. .
    This is true. There is frequently a delay -- from 1 hour to 48 hours-- in getting the data piece of the switch operating correctly. This is especially true if you use the automated process to switch instead of calling a rep to make the switch. I usually have a rep to switch me over for this very reason.
    I had this very problem for a few days...I had gone from 700w, to old moto clamshell for 3 days, to 700wx, and for a few days, data worked fine on the wx, but then it started giving me "no modem at number" error. It would eventually connect after 4 or 5 tries. Currently, I have no problem disconnecting and reconnecting to the data number...guess it was a system-side problem.
  15.    #15  
    mine is still doing it as of Today 1pm EST
    Same here.
    Dammit, now my phone just started doing it again. Only once before it connected though, I can live with that I suppose...if it misbehaves again, though, to VZW support I go.
    Does anyone think the data speed is slower on the new VZW 700wx? Seems like I used to like 600k on my w and now I only get 350 to 400.
    Running mobile speed tests from dslreports.com I get between 150 and 800kbps, usually averaging around 350-500. My internet speeds with the w seemed slower, at the least, though I didn't have it long enough to do any real testing or even a speed report.
    Im having similar issues except I am connecting & I have the arrows, but sometimes PIE wont initiate the internet (from grey to solid arrows). I need to manually start activesync & sync (which then starts the solid arrows) & then PIE works.

I am guessing something about PIE (on my Treo) isnt right. Maybe a hard reset is in order?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast