Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 102
  1. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #61  
    I think it is an issue with the wx and not the verizon towers. I just switched from a w to a wx for the memory, and all of a sudden I run into this problem. never had this issue with the w. it has to be an issue with the phone. hopefully it is a software thing and can be fixed. any ideas?
  2. #62  
    First post here, and I found this forum based on this problem alone.

    I just left a VW store where I went to complain about the problem. I found the worker there who a month ago told me the wx is better than the p (I had a 600p until then) and asked him if he has the "no modem found" problem. HIs answer was "Yeah, it happens all the time. Just try it 3 or 4 times and it'll work". Thanks.

    This has been pissing me off for 28 days now. I also have a problem sending pics, I get a lot of message send errors. That's not that important to me though, the internet thing is more the pain in the a$$.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sween View Post
    First post here, and I found this forum based on this problem alone.

    I just left a VW store where I went to complain about the problem. I found the worker there who a month ago told me the wx is better than the p (I had a 600p until then) and asked him if he has the "no modem found" problem. HIs answer was "Yeah, it happens all the time. Just try it 3 or 4 times and it'll work". Thanks.

    This has been pissing me off for 28 days now. I also have a problem sending pics, I get a lot of message send errors. That's not that important to me though, the internet thing is more the pain in the a$$.
    Yeah, considering that it is the Internet that we are paying an extra $45-$60/mo for (with VZW anyway), it kinda sucks.

    -Frank
  4. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Yeah, considering that it is the Internet that we are paying an extra $45-$60/mo for (with VZW anyway), it kinda sucks.

    -Frank
    Good point. Is there any way we can do a survey and find out how many people are having this problem that way we can maybe make some kind of petition to Verizon and Palm to get this fixed? I figure if several hundred people have the problem, they "may" actually do something about it.
  5. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #65  
    I just figured this out see if it works for you. Whenever I cannot connect, I turn the phone off, put it into flight mode, and back on again. It seems to fix the problem. Good luck.
  6. #66  
    Same here. The problem happens all over the place and it seems to be inconsistent.
  7. #67  
    Are people still having trouble with this? Has anyone found a fix?
  8. #68  
    I think about this daily. The 700wx is superior in every way to the 700W except for the internet. This is awful. I might bite the bullet & see about a refurb 700wx. I am finding that even my reception downstairs isnt as good as the 700w.
  9. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #69  
    I still have the problem daily as well. I want to know if a lot of people have this problem or just a few.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    I still have the problem daily as well. I want to know if a lot of people have this problem or just a few.
    A lot.

    -Frank
  11. Jdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #71  
    wow, seems like this problem is pretty much widespread between all 700wx's.
    Any Sprint wx users experiencing this problem? I have a Sprint WX since it came out and my internet connection has been flawless both on speed and connecting/staying connected, in fact some times i literally spend all day talking on Windows Live messenger without a single drop!
  12. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #72  
    I have found that i cant connect to the internet several times a day. After reseting the radio by turning it on then off it seems to work. Im getting used to this annoyance, but it is still a pain. i have also noticed that sometimes my texts dont go through after being sent. it seems when i reset the radio they go through again. i bet the two problems are related. Anyone else with the same internet connection and text msg problems?
  13. #73  
    text messages shouldn't really have a problem, as i believe they are sent over the phone network. mms messages, though, are sent over the data connection of the phone, so if your phone is having a problem connecting to the data network, it won't send/receive.

    i called verizon a few months about this, they said that the best way to take care of it was to *228 and update roaming capabilities. i'd imagine flight mode does the same thing. the tech explained it as the phone moving from one cell tower to another physically, but not updating its "connection preferences" or some nonsense, so if you go from one place to another it will try to use an old tower to connect.

    it's annoying, but i'll try the flight mode fix, as it'll be a bit faster than the *228, and hope something more permanant comes out.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmckenna View Post
    text messages shouldn't really have a problem, as i believe they are sent over the phone network. mms messages, though, are sent over the data connection of the phone, so if your phone is having a problem connecting to the data network, it won't send/receive.

    i called verizon a few months about this, they said that the best way to take care of it was to *228 and update roaming capabilities. i'd imagine flight mode does the same thing. the tech explained it as the phone moving from one cell tower to another physically, but not updating its "connection preferences" or some nonsense, so if you go from one place to another it will try to use an old tower to connect.

    it's annoying, but i'll try the flight mode fix, as it'll be a bit faster than the *228, and hope something more permanant comes out.
    All of that is a bunch of hoopla. No truth in any of it.

    -Frank
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    All of that is a bunch of hoopla. No truth in any of it.

    -Frank
    my statement, or vzw's?
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmckenna View Post
    my statement, or vzw's?
    VZW's.

    -Frank
  17. #77  
    pfft, damn skippy. we were gonna have problems otherwise
  18. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #78  
    I just got off a 1hr call with VZW tech support about the same internet issue with my wx. I have no idea what took care of the problem (removed and re-added data plan, did soft resets, *22899, etc.) but it finally worked. Between the internet issues and the bluetooth woes, the 700wx is an unmitigated disaster for us as users.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I just got off a 1hr call with VZW tech support about the same internet issue with my wx. I have no idea what took care of the problem (removed and re-added data plan, did soft resets, *22899, etc.) but it finally worked. Between the internet issues and the bluetooth woes, the 700wx is an unmitigated disaster for us as users.
    When you say it "took care of the problem," how long has it been working for? I heard previously that removing and re-adding data plan was a permanant fix, and soft resets/*22899 have been temporary fixes for me. If it is the case that this is a permanant fix, I'll call VZW and tell them to remove and re-add my data plan.
  20. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmckenna View Post
    When you say it "took care of the problem," how long has it been working for? I heard previously that removing and re-adding data plan was a permanant fix, and soft resets/*22899 have been temporary fixes for me. If it is the case that this is a permanant fix, I'll call VZW and tell them to remove and re-add my data plan.
    I can't say that it's permanent yet obviously (it's only been a little over 3 hours), but it's working now where it wasn't working before. It certainly can't hurt to call them and have them remove/re-add the data plan. I find it hard to believe that it's not ultimately a device problem, but it's worth a shot.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions