Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 102
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Im having similar issues except I am connecting & I have the arrows, but sometimes PIE wont initiate the internet (from grey to solid arrows). I need to manually start activesync & sync (which then starts the solid arrows) & then PIE works.

    I am guessing something about PIE (on my Treo) isnt right. Maybe a hard reset is in order?
    Mine VZW wx does the same thing....
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  2. #22  
    Still no solution on my end. Just forcing activesync to start.
  3.    #23  
    Mine is still doing this..starting to get annoying...well way past but I have no idea what to do about except wait for PALM to see the issue and patch it...
  4. #24  
    Im still in that boat. The 700w never had that issue (it had other issues) the 700wx is great but initiating the internet is painful. I would refurb but I bet I would have the same problems.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Im still in that boat. The 700w never had that issue (it had other issues) the 700wx is great but initiating the internet is painful. I would refurb but I bet I would have the same problems.
    Same here...same issues. I am actually getting used to it. LOL

    I'm with ya on the refurb. It will probably be the same. I'll stick with what I have.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Im still in that boat. The 700w never had that issue (it had other issues) the 700wx is great but initiating the internet is painful. I would refurb but I bet I would have the same problems.
    yep.. your right.. im on my 2nd VZ 700wx because the 1st one the ear speaker went out.. but the " no modem found " error exists on both of them.

    I just have a soft reset program that i hit when it freaks out. so its just ( START - > p -> s - > s and then confirm.. I actually have gotten quick at it lol.

    -- Sal
  7. lmcarthur's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #27  
    Hey all. I am having some troubles of my own here, and thought maybe someone could help.

    I am roaming in a 1X area in halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. I have been here for 3 weeks. For the first week, everything was fine, until 2 weeks ago I had to do the standard soft-rest most Windows Mobile Users are used to. Ever since, I continue to get the error: "Your username or password is wrong".

    I am on my second device now, and it is getting the same error.

    I have tried every user/pass combo i have heard of, and I am having no luck. verizon support has been useless, as you might expect.

    If it matters, I roam on a combo of Bell and Telus towers where I am here in Canada.

    Any help would be appreciated! Without data, the W is a pretty heavy brick to carry around for voice and text only!

    Thanks

    Lee
    700w - Verizon
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil0ne View Post
    yep.. your right.. im on my 2nd VZ 700wx because the 1st one the ear speaker went out.. but the " no modem found " error exists on both of them.

    I just have a soft reset program that i hit when it freaks out. so its just ( START - > p -> s - > s and then confirm.. I actually have gotten quick at it lol.

    -- Sal
    If your not against using mortscipt, JDC wrote a very simple reset script. I have it in my drop down list like you - no confirmation, just click & reset.

    Or if you use voicecommand like I do, just say "Start Reset" & off it goes!
  9. xd1936's Avatar
    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    #29  
    If the problem ya'll are having is with the bluetooth dropping out, then maybe you should try hannip's vzw 700wx bluetooth stack... I hear it helps, but I guess I can't really picture what the problem is you guys are having... I know several people reported working Bluetooth DUN after installing it

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137462
    LongLivePalm
  10. #30  
    Got my VZW 700wx 3 days ago, I'm having that same modem not found problem, which seems to resolve itself after 3-5 tries. As far as the login info goes....just dial *228 for activation and hit "1" and it will automatically program your login info into your phone.
    Last edited by atnake; 04/11/2007 at 08:27 PM.
  11. #31  
    I wonder what’s different between the W & WX that causes the intermittent internet issue.
  12. #32  
    Eh...this is getting annoying..I'm gonna call VZW now..hope I get someone who knows that I'm talking about...wish me luck.
  13. biswasd's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #33  
    i have the same problem....however, i'm wondering why more wx users aren't experiencing this problem? is it just a bad batch of phones?
  14. #34  
    Im not sure, I bought mine the day after it came out (early model maybe)?

    Atnake - did you get anywhere with VZW?

    The main concern i have if I get a refurb is I have a new phone & dont really want a beat up refurb (like my last few 700w refurbs).
  15. #35  
    RichTJ99, I didn't get anywhere really. The rep seemed to know what he was talking about, but had never heard of that particular problem. I even suggested what the guys here said and he removed data from my account, then added it back on. He even kept me on the line while he called my regional office and had the guy do a check on the switch there, and everything seemed fine on their side. He told me that maybe it's the phone, and since I'm in my 30 days still, I can go to a VZW store and change it for another new 700wx.

    I'm going to try for another rep today when I get home.
  16. #36  
    I've had the same connection problem. The VZW rep tries some "things" that seem to work for a connection or two, but the problem always returns. I eventually connect, but this is gettig annoying. I've called twice so far, probably try calling again so they know the problem is still there.

    This topic seemed to die for a while and I thought there was a fix, but apparently not.
  17. biswasd's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #37  
    ok everyone....this is straight from the Midwest Region Corporate Sales Manager....I spoke with our company's corporate (P & G) rep this afternoon b/c I am sick and tired of buying a $500 phone and dealing with this kind of petty B.S. Needless to say, she could tell how irate I as well as dozens of others are at our company with this nuisance.

    She called the Regional Corp. VP and conferenced me in with them. Then we had the lovely pleasure of being on hold waiting for some "senior" tech at VZW HQ. Guess what....They are aware of the problem!! The tech even cited off to me number of call notes from random customers who have been calling with this problem. It has been narrowed down as a "software" issue...go figure...always software, never hardware according VZW...as such, they (palm and VZW) are making this a top priority for a software fix.....now, here's the juicy part of the story...when i asked how long before a fix....the Regional VP indicated that it would be rolled out with WM6 in June.....???


    I don't know if I should believe him or just switch phones....any thoughts? Sorry for all of the ellipses.....lol
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by biswasd View Post
    ok everyone....this is straight from the Midwest Region Corporate Sales Manager....I spoke with our company's corporate (P & G) rep this afternoon b/c I am sick and tired of buying a $500 phone and dealing with this kind of petty B.S. Needless to say, she could tell how irate I as well as dozens of others are at our company with this nuisance.

    She called the Regional Corp. VP and conferenced me in with them. Then we had the lovely pleasure of being on hold waiting for some "senior" tech at VZW HQ. Guess what....They are aware of the problem!! The tech even cited off to me number of call notes from random customers who have been calling with this problem. It has been narrowed down as a "software" issue...go figure...always software, never hardware according VZW...as such, they (palm and VZW) are making this a top priority for a software fix.....now, here's the juicy part of the story...when i asked how long before a fix....the Regional VP indicated that it would be rolled out with WM6 in June.....???


    I don't know if I should believe him or just switch phones....any thoughts? Sorry for all of the ellipses.....lol
    will believe it when I see it...
  19. jtversky's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    will believe it when I see it...
    Palm is definitely working on several software updates...before I switched to a wx, when I was on the phone with Palm over the 700w bluetooth dropout issue, they mentioned they were working on several software updates...and if Palm is making WM6 available to the 750, it would not shock me to see them bring it out for the 700wx...the two phones are not that different (outside of the obvious GSM vs. CDMA architecture)...let's just keep our fingers crossed
  20. biswasd's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #40  
    dont know if this is actually just dumb luck or the source of the problem. VZW just switched me from the extra-choice 1350 bundled voice/data plan to stand alone voice and data plans..and voila....the evdo connectivity issue is gone!!! just an fyi to all of you having problems. i would be curious to know how many of you have bundled voice/data plans.....
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions