Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    Malatesta is the Q's speed comparable to an overclocked Treo 700wx running at 520mhz? I am interested in the Q's but I fear that it is too slow compared to the Treo. Thanks for the info.
  2. H_D
    H_D is offline
    H_D's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraYellow350z View Post
    Malatesta is the Q's speed comparable to an overclocked Treo 700wx running at 520mhz? I am interested in the Q's but I fear that it is too slow compared to the Treo. Thanks for the info.
    UltraYellow350z,how do you overclock to 520 mhz & does it affect the overall longevity of the treo?
  3.    #23  
    My current Q is ready to go back today. It has turned itself off 4 times now and I had to remove the battery to make it power back on. Time to go get a Treo and hope its more reliable.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    My current Q is ready to go back today. It has turned itself off 4 times now and I had to remove the battery to make it power back on. Time to go get a Treo and hope its more reliable.
    Keep your fingers crossed.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraYellow350z View Post
    Malatesta is the Q's speed comparable to an overclocked Treo 700wx running at 520mhz? I am interested in the Q's but I fear that it is too slow compared to the Treo. Thanks for the info.
    I mean...that's not even close.

    They're both around 300mhz processors, so you can't really compare it to a 512mhz. The Q with the old glyphacache tweaks is fairly similar in performance to the 700wx (non-overclocked).

    To put it another way, when comparing the two devices, speed is not something that comes to mind as being very different. I have noticed that smartphone programs tend to be smaller in size than PPC ones and that might play a small role in performance.

    Instead of overclocking though I would suggest using Teksoft's Speedbooster program that selectively gives higher cpu priority to pre-chosen programs. Much more efficient and stable.

    pimpin-tl
    hate to say it but it is either

    a) software you are running is causing the problem/conflict
    b) you have a defective device

    I've honestly never had my Q crash, miss a call or stop responding. It's been extremely stable compared to every other device out there. I would also add that the consensus is that the Q is stable as well. That's not to distract you from trying the 700wx but just to stress: it could happen there too as the 700wx is no more or no less stable.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #26  
    Definitely not software unless you consider the DST patch could be the cause of it. That is all it has on it now.

    Well it has never missed a call or stopped responding, it has been a good phone. It is just powering itself off while sitting on my desk. And it won't come back on without me removing the battery.

    I rather have bugs than a phone turning itself off. Because I am on call for a school and if the systems go down I have to get to work or remote in to fix the problems. I can't afford my phone to not be working.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I mean...that's not even close.

    They're both around 300mhz processors, so you can't really compare it to a 512mhz. The Q with the old glyphacache tweaks is fairly similar in performance to the 700wx (non-overclocked).

    To put it another way, when comparing the two devices, speed is not something that comes to mind as being very different. I have noticed that smartphone programs tend to be smaller in size than PPC ones and that might play a small role in performance.

    Instead of overclocking though I would suggest using Teksoft's Speedbooster program that selectively gives higher cpu priority to pre-chosen programs. Much more efficient and stable.

    pimpin-tl
    hate to say it but it is either

    a) software you are running is causing the problem/conflict
    b) you have a defective device

    I've honestly never had my Q crash, miss a call or stop responding. It's been extremely stable compared to every other device out there. I would also add that the consensus is that the Q is stable as well. That's not to distract you from trying the 700wx but just to stress: it could happen there too as the 700wx is no more or no less stable.
  7. #27  
    "Instead of overclocking though I would suggest using Teksoft's Speedbooster program that selectively gives higher cpu priority to pre-chosen programs. Much more efficient and stable."

    Mal,

    Which apps do you think most benefit from the speedboost program?
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  8. #28  
    UltraYellow350z,how do you overclock to 520 mhz & does it affect the overall longevity of the treo?
    I use XCPUScalar and I got it working 100% perfectly without a freeze for over a month. It reduces the battery life of it in use, but not on standby. I'm just picky about having the GUI respond to clicks asap so that's why I use it. If you play games and use other programs, you might have it freeze on you sometimes. I just use the basics.

    I mean...that's not even close.

    They're both around 300mhz processors, so you can't really compare it to a 512mhz. The Q with the old glyphacache tweaks is fairly similar in performance to the 700wx (non-overclocked).

    To put it another way, when comparing the two devices, speed is not something that comes to mind as being very different. I have noticed that smartphone programs tend to be smaller in size than PPC ones and that might play a small role in performance.

    Instead of overclocking though I would suggest using Teksoft's Speedbooster program that selectively gives higher cpu priority to pre-chosen programs. Much more efficient and stable.

    pimpin-tl hate to say it but it is either

    a) software you are running is causing the problem/conflict
    b) you have a defective device

    I've honestly never had my Q crash, miss a call or stop responding. It's been extremely stable compared to every other device out there. I would also add that the consensus is that the Q is stable as well. That's not to distract you from trying the 700wx but just to stress: it could happen there too as the 700wx is no more or no less stable.
    Thank-you for the reply. I just tried the software you suggested, but I can't find a way to speed up the GUI interface. As in just how fast windows appear and how fast I can answer a phone call. The delay is what bugs me. I think the overclocking is the best way for me, but thanks for the heads up about that program. I like the portability of the Q and how it looks, if theres ever a overclocking program out for it, I might consider the switch.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions