Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    I'm not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but I have my 700wx, Dell Laptop, and PdaNEt all working great on bluetooth. I never get my cable out anymore...

It appears this process listed here only works for cable connections, since no one has seemed to get bluetooth working...therefore to me, PDANet was worth every penny...It may cut out from time to time and I may have to restart the service, but it's way way better than digging out my cable and plugging it in. I hope somebody figures out the bluetooth deal.

For the record, I have tried 3 laptops with 2 different BT adapters with a fresh hard-resetted 700WX each time, first using the BT DUN hack installed and then with USBModem BT mode and also with PDANet w/BT and every single combination locks TREO solid now when using BT. It was working pretty good for a while, but now the lockups are back. Every time, guaranteed.

I choose the cable with USBmodem rather than PDANet. I can walk up to any computer (even Linux!) and plug my Treo in, run WM5torage which let's me copy the simple USB modem driver from my Treo's SD card, then stop that and run USBModem and create a quickie DUN session on the PC, and that computer is on the Internet. No activesync, nothing else needed.

USBModem ROCKS. If they could only correct Palm's BT bug (yes it's a Palm bug, because it happened even with PDANet with me) then this would be the ideal perfect solution. In the meantime, I'll keep my cable handy.
    Grrr. It is connecting however a screen came up from Varizon saying that I have to subscribe to some cheap *** tethering service for $15.00 more a month! Is there any way around that??
    Is it possible to use this without a power vision plan? I'm hoping that I could set my treo 700wx up as a modem without having to have the data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLA View Post
    Grrr. It is connecting however a screen came up from Varizon saying that I have to subscribe to some cheap *** tethering service for $15.00 more a month! Is there any way around that??
    Quote Originally Posted by mth281 View Post
    Is it possible to use this without a power vision plan? I'm hoping that I could set my treo 700wx up as a modem without having to have the data plan.

I think the best bet for both of you would be to sign up for a data plan, use the phone as a modem all you like, and then don't pay the bill. Oughta accomplish exactly what you want.

-Frank
    Tried last night to confirm but I don't have any problems using my sprint 700wx for internet on my thinkpad via bluetooth. I'm not using modem link, pdanet, or usbmodem. All I do is turn on bluetooth discovery on my 700wx. Then on my thinkpad, I use the built in bluetooth software to connect to the dial up networking service that is available on my 700wx. It pops up a dial screen and I dial #777. It works perfectly and stays connected. I guess the reason this doesn't work for everyone is that their computers have different bluetooth adapters and some have better drivers than others.
    i just got it to work on my phone 700wx with the 1.14 firmware. i Just wanted to know if i would get billed or would sprint pick it up and charge me for the usage for the data download. i have the full vision pack. let me know or email me the answer thanx. (swishaburna211@aol.com)
    Has anyone been able to use this type of connection (i.e. Treo 700wx as a USB modem on Vista) with a dialup number for Road Runner rather than #777?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234