Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DOGG View Post
    sorry guyz i'm new here and dont really know anythin about my 700wx...i live in canada and use Telus...

so this is 4 free internet???

thx's in advanced 4 ur info
    Well, I know nothing about "Telus", but... no, this is not specifically for free Internet. Just Internet dial-up networking. I pay the Verizon fee of $15/mo over and above the unlimited data plan charge to use DUN.

There are some that can do it for free I think. But this thread is about getting it to work for anybody, free or not. Not always the easiest thing for some folks.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ^^thx's 4 the info ... i'm just new 2 this type of thing
    So anyone get charged for using their phone like this??

I remember reading that these phones let Sprint know there is tehtering going on and u have to go into the phone programming and turn off a certain value or what not? Would u have to do that this way?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    How do I avoid the Sprint update to 1.15? I have the 1.14 update abd can still tether....

Will there be a way to hack the 1.15 update soon? $50 extra a month is Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidiculous for "the #3 " phone provider in th US. Sprint.. try $10 extra a month and the hacks will probably stop...

If it wasn't a work phone I would change providers tomorrow (keeping the Treo).

Anyway hope the new update isn't mandatory.
    I followed all the steps and everything looks OK until I try to connect. I get Error 691 (invalid username/password). Both fields are blank. Any suggestions?
    I have been able to see the mobile connection pop up under network connections once my treo boots back up. I see packets being received and sent but cannot connect to the internet. Also, as soon as I acitivate the modem link the connection goes away. Any help is appreciated. Driving me crazy!!!!
    Last edited by toolittletime; 10/24/2007 at 10:06 AM.
    THANKS FOR THIS POST I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS DRIVER FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS!

Quote Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
    **UPDATE**(revised step 20)
    Instructions are kind of lengthy, I hope they're easy to follow. I type it step by step as I was configuring the modem myself... HAVE FUN!

1. Download and unzip the provided file at an easily accessible place (I used my Desktop)
    2. On your Treo, START>PROGRAMS>MODEM LINK
    3. Make sure the CONNECTION is USB
    4. Click on ACTIVATE
    5. Plug the USB cable from the computer to the Treo
    6. FOUND NEW HARDWARE, click LOCATE AND INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE (RECOMMENDED)
    7. Click DON'T SEARCH ONLINE
    8. CLick NEXT
    9. CLose the COULD NOT FIND DRIVER SOFTWARE error.
    10. Close the WINDOWS WAS UNABLE TO INSTALL YOUR PALM TREO error
    11. Click START>CONTROL PANEL>DEVICE MANAGER
    12. Within DEVICE MANAGER you will see PALM TREO with an explanation mark.
    13. Right click PALM TREO and select UPDATE DRIVER
    14. Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE
    15. BROWSE to your DESKTOP or where ever you unzipped the provided file
    16. Click INSTALL THIS DRIVER SOFTWARE ANYWAY
    17. Click CLOSE when you're prompted that you've SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED YOUR DRIVER

Now to setup the connection

1. Click on START>CONTROL PANEL>NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER (keep this window open)
    2. From the left hand pane, select SET UP A CONNECTION OR NETWORK
    3. Select SET UP A DIAL-UP CONNECTION>NEXT
    4. Select USB MODEM
    5: DIAL-UP PHONE NUMBER: #777
    6. Leave the username and password blank
    7. Click on REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD
    8. Name the connection to whatever you'd like to name it
    9. Decide on your own if you want others to use this connection
    10. Click CONNECT and WAIT!
    11. You will receive INTERNET CONNECTIVITY TEST WAS UNSUCCESSFUL
    12. Click, SET UP THE CONNECTION ANYWAY>CLOSE
    13. With your Treo still connected, execute a SOFTREST
    14. After your Treo reboots, START>PROGRAMS>MODEM LINK
    15. Click on ACTIVATE
    16. Click on MANAGE NETWORK CONNECTIONS in the Network and Sharing Center
    17. Double click your connection and then DIAL
    18. After your connection is made, decide the location, I used HOME
    19. Then click CLOSE
    20. Open INTERNET EXPLORER>TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>CONNECTIONS and change to NEVER DIAL A CONNECTION
    doing that step will prevent an internet connection from automatically dialing. I'm on wireless and kept having the dialup connection popping up...
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Anybody know how to get this working for the Verizon 700w? I can get all the way to dialing, but the username and password are wrong. Ive tried to get it to work with bluetooth as well, but even with the new update it is failing. Is it just Verizon being the bastards they are?
    thanks for the drivers. on vista it didn't want to use the ones from my treo setup disk.

when I just reinstalled Vista on my other computer, I seemed to get dun working within only a few steps. one thing I noticed is that I think vista sees this phone as a modem anytime you activate ModemLink on the treo. so all I did was install the driver when it saw the phone then open the network thingie in vista and select the treo. I even made a short cut onto my desktop that I can now just click on and it does the entire dial up process without me having to click ok etc during the process.

One thing I've noticed is that the connection is 100 times more stable than when I used PDAnet. that thing would mess up all the time anytime the connection stuttered or errored for a few seconds. using modemlink it often recovers from that.

I'm using the phone as I drive to listen to internet radio. that's why I'm so picky about the stable connection. PDAnet just sucked!
    I can connect using the USB modem.... how do I do it to use bluetooth now? I just got a laptop with bluetooth and would be awesome if I could connect that way...
    Quote Originally Posted by pi3yeargrad View Post
    I can connect using the USB modem.... how do I do it to use bluetooth now? I just got a laptop with bluetooth and would be awesome if I could connect that way...
    Turn on Bluetooth discovery on your 700wx and use your laptop Bluetooth manager to add a partnership for your phone. Then use the laptop to "connect" the first time. This should auto-create a dial-up connection for you to use on your laptop in the future.

-Frank
    I have the same problem it connects as an unknown device. When I try to manually update drivers it says the TREO drivers are not for the connected device. Anyone figure out how to solve this one yet?
    Well using the USB cable and modem link I still have no problems on any of my Vista computers.
    But I'd like to try bluetooth and modemlink. My laptop did not come with a built in bluetooth. I have a USB bluetooth adapter I bought some time ago from bluesoleil and it is a ba$taaard to even use. I tried it in my laptop and it didn't want to work right. It would see my treo and make a partnership, but vista didn't seem to have control of it. In fact, when I go into the control panel for vista and click on the bluetooth tab, it never opens. Maybe I just need a better bluetooth adapter???

The only BAD thing about the USB cable is that if it wiggles around when I am driving, it can mess up the connection to the laptop.

I wish the treo would have used a USB socket like your camera or other accessory would use. Them plugs don't disconnect if you barely bump the treo!
    TO the Original Poster... THANK YOU... both palm and my internet provider said it wasn't possible... but I am sending this reply via the Treo 700WX and DUN usb connection with windows vista. Thank you thank you.
    Works great with alltel for a few minutes then phone locks up
    I can't get this to work with Bluetooth. I've long had a bluetooth activesync and PDAnet connection, but I can't figure out how to do this with bluetooth.
    does this still work after the 1.15 update?
    Any idea why I get a 691 error when it gets to the part of verifying the user and pass while PDAnet connects without any problems?

I've tried these different combinations of user and pass:

user: MYPHONENUMBER@vzw.com
    pass: vzw

user: MYPHONENUMBER@vzw3g.com
    pass: vzw

user: MYPHONENUMBER@vzw3g.com
    pass: (blank)

user: (blank)
    pass: (blank)

All of them give me the 691 error. I'm already paying the $45 for "unlimited" data usage. I wonder why I can't get this to work .
    Well so far it's still working great. I made shorcut's on my laptop desktops and all I have to do is turn on modem link and click on my shortcut which already has the settings to dial and the blank username and password.

It goofs up sometimes to where I have to turn modem link off and back on, or redial, or whatever. But i think alot of it is me driving over bumps and the USB connection at the bottom of the Treo's do suck a$$ if you don't have the phone sitting rock solid.

Each bluetooth adapter I have tried for my laptop never works. I want to chuck that bluetooth sh*t against the wall!

Gawd I hope a new (functional) technolodgy comes soon and makes bluetooth obsolete!

Quote Originally Posted by versatiletech View Post
    All of them give me the 691 error. I'm already paying the $45 for "unlimited" data usage. I wonder why I can't get this to work .
    Be careful. Isn't it Verizon that has some sort of "fine print" on unlimiter data?
    Quote Originally Posted by paysonbadboy View Post
    Each bluetooth adapter I have tried for my laptop never works. I want to chuck that bluetooth sh*t against the wall!

Gawd I hope a new (functional) technolodgy comes soon and makes bluetooth obsolete!
    I'm not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but I have my 700wx, Dell Laptop, and PdaNEt all working great on bluetooth. I never get my cable out anymore...

It appears this process listed here only works for cable connections, since no one has seemed to get bluetooth working...therefore to me, PDANet was worth every penny...It may cut out from time to time and I may have to restart the service, but it's way way better than digging out my cable and plugging it in. I hope somebody figures out the bluetooth deal.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast