Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    anyone have any ideas how to get this working with vista and a 700p? not much help in the 700p forum.
    I have to say I finally got my 700wx working good with Vista via bluetooth. About time.

Do I need the tethering feature from VZW for this to continue working? I have it already just don't know if I need it.
    Would it be better to just use pdanet? $35 is rather cheap...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I am stuck on the part to click and choose USB Modem. WHen I click on dial up connection and click next, it just prompts me to set up a dial up connection using my built in dial up modem, no option to select USB.

Edit: I restarted laptop and now it finds it as USB. I am connected to the EVDO network and it works great. My speeds according to speedtest are: 677/122

Thanks for the tutorial!

The only thing that "sucks" about this is I have to restart the Treo every time I want connect but its better than nothing.
    Last edited by L3thal; 08/14/2007 at 12:47 AM.
    FYI, for 32bit vista, when I activated modem connection and connected my Treo via USB, windows found the drivers on windows update and downloaded them automatically. No errors. Detected it as a "Palm Treo Modem"

yay!
    Last edited by absolutaddicted; 08/28/2007 at 10:18 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    Anyone still connecting using this method after the Sprint 1.15 update?
    Minw will not connect it states it needs to redial and never connect to my treo????
    bump
    I can't get it to work. I get Error 680: There was no dial tone.

I have a Verizon 700wx.

Any ideas?
    Same here now...Error 680. Maybe Sprint cut that route off with the 1.15 update ?
    So, is this free? Does it block Sprint from seeing your activity like PDANet does?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    So, is this free? Does it block Sprint from seeing your activity like PDANet does?
    PDANet does not block Sprint from seeing activity, if Sprint was so inclined they could monitor your network traffic and figure out you are hooking up a PC.

It's not worth the effort for Sprint to do this however. If you check the Treo 600 threads for Sprint over billing you will see why.

So the answer to your question is "yes it's free and as safe as using PDANet."

However it no longer works.

The application necessary on the phone, Modem Link, no longer functions after the 1.15 update.
    I didn't do the update...no need for me to.

So it should still work for me.
    I can't hook up either. I have tried via bluetooth and USB. Here is what I have so far:
    1. Download and unzip the provided file at an easily accessible place (I used my Desktop) DONE
    2. On your Treo, START>PROGRAMS>MODEM LINK: DONE
    3. Make sure the CONNECTION is USB: DONE
    4. Click on ACTIVATE: DONE
    5. Plug the USB cable from the computer to the Treo: DONE
    6. FOUND NEW HARDWARE, click LOCATE AND INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE (RECOMMENDED): ------ No Found new hardware pops up----------------
    7. Click DON'T SEARCH ONLINE--- I skipped---
    8. CLick NEXT--- I skipped----
    9. CLose the COULD NOT FIND DRIVER SOFTWARE error.---Skipped----
    10. Close the WINDOWS WAS UNABLE TO INSTALL YOUR PALM TREO error----skip----
    11. Click START>CONTROL PANEL>DEVICE MANAGER: DONE
    12. Within DEVICE MANAGER you will see PALM TREO with an explanation mark. PALM NEVER SHOWS UP HERE ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!
    13. Right click PALM TREO and select UPDATE DRIVER
    14. Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE
    15. BROWSE to your DESKTOP or where ever you unzipped the provided file
    16. Click INSTALL THIS DRIVER SOFTWARE ANYWAY
    17. Click CLOSE when you're prompted that you've SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED YOUR DRIVER

That is where I am at with this. I've tried the bluetooth as well and nothing works!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoch21 View Post
    I can't hook up either. I have tried via bluetooth and USB.
    That is where I am at with this. I've tried the bluetooth as well and nothing works!!!!
    The next step would be to create a Dial-Up connection, selecting your Treo as the modem.
    1. Goto Network and Sharing Center
    2. Select Connect to a network
    3. Choose Set up a dial-up connection (Dial Up Networking)
    4. When asked, select your previously setup phone as the modem to use
    5. For Sprint, enter #777 as the phone number, leave the username and password blank.

However for Sprint 700wx after the 1.15 update you get an "Unable to connect to network" error when dialing.

Also, Modem Link does not support Bluetooth. So while the 1.15 Bluetooth stack now supports DUN, there is no software on the phone that does. Way to go Part Way there Palm.
    i thought that was the reason for the update
    I have verizon, I just applied the 1.22 patch.

The phone looks to be doing what it should be, but my PC gives an Error: 777.

No clue what to do anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS1177 View Post
    I have verizon, I just applied the 1.22 patch.

The phone looks to be doing what it should be, but my PC gives an Error: 777.

No clue what to do anymore.
    Well, I don't know what a 777 error is, but the number you're supposed to dial is #777. Does that have anything to do with it?

Also, while your Treo is connected, check that your dial-up connection is using the right modem (i.e. your Treo and not your PC modem). You can check on your PC in: Start | Right-click Network | Choose Properties | Manage Network connections | Right-click Treo dial-up | Use pull-down to configure Treo and not PC modem.

Note: The Treo "modem" will not show up if it is not connected and recognized by your system.

-Frank
    Im using the USB modem.

Error 777 - The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    sorry guyz i'm new here and dont really know anythin about my 700wx...i live in canada and use Telus...

so this is 4 free internet???

thx's in advanced 4 ur info
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast