Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    good work guys
    What's the advantage to this app over the Keylight one? I don't mind the screen on off flicker. Is that the only difference?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  3.    #143  
    new version
    1) one cab download-No need for full version of mortscript on device
    2) new icon

also,
    It's best to upgrade to new version.
    (TomTom Stealth )will be released in a couple days and works with new Treo keylight version.
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/05/2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: also
    I think littlewaywelt is asking why this over pocketmax's version.
  5.    #145  
    littlewaywelt
    If you want your Wm treo screen To Blink on driver reload using pocketmax thats the way you should go.
    If you want smoother keylight operation with No screen blink post #1 is your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    littlewaywelt
    If you want your Wm treo screen To Blink on driver reload using pocketmax thats the way you should go.
    If you want smoother keylight operation with No screen blink post #1 is your answer.
    No issue like that on a 750.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  7.    #147  
    Thats Good news for the 750 users
    littlewaywelt
    I don't mind the blink. I guess my question was more along the lines of memory usage, stability, etc. I'll give this one a whirl. Thanks to the developers.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  9.    #149  
    1)The screen blink is not good for you lcd/treo I guess that would fall under stability-.Slinghann very stable no screen blink.
    2)Memory usage-just about none.
    3)Icon-Is better

Phil C
    There is no memory usage other than for a millisecond when the script runs and then it's next to nothing. The blink from pocketmax's keylight program did bother me. I don't know if there is any damage from that, but it sure was annoying.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    new version
    1) one cab download-No need for full version of mortscript on device
    2) new icon

also,
    It's best to upgrade to new version.
    (TomTom Stealth )will be released in a couple days and works with new Treo keylight version.
    Phil-

Will we keep installing the same mortscript .exe each time we install a new script with this sort of a .cab installer?

I love the new installer, but creating a new directory and installing the .exe file when it's already installed in my Mort directory seems a little duplicative?

Just wondering. I love what you guys are creating and really appreciate your efforts to perfect these really great enhancements to our Treos.

-- Andrew
    We are only making cab installs for our popular scripts to make it super easy for the masses. It leaves out all of the guesswork. The size of MortScript.exe is only 51k and needs to be there for the setup.dll that is called by the cab so I figured we might as well make use of it. Install to your sd card in case you are worried about using up storage space, but 51k really is small.

The benefits of this outweigh the duplication issue.
    - users no longer are required to install a separate instance of MortScript
    - cab is self contained and installs just like any other application
    - we don't have to worry if the user has installed the proper version of MortScript
    - user doesn't need to care where the scripts are installed other than choosing device vs storage card.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Thanks for the explanation hannip!
  14.    #154  
    Ok guys and Gals
    TomTom Stealth cab file was rebuilt yesterday.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138588

Enjoy
    Phil C
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Hi Slingbox. I have a WX and installed your Treo Backligh so when driving at night with TomTom on the keyboard would not blind me. It worked fine Thank you, however After the install the 'toggle' function in my WMP does not work right.
    Before the install when I was using WMP I pushed the 't' wich I had assigned for 'toggle' and BOTH the screen and keyboard lights would turn off until I hit 't' again. Perfect for listening to MP3s. Well now after the install when I hit 't' ONLY the screen turns off and the keyboard stas on! It won't even turn off after the specified time limit. when I hit the 't' again it switched the screen on and keyboard off, so there is always one on? I uninstalled your program, but still not working right. can you please help?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Wow! I installed the updated version with the prefix 'treo' and it works perfect! Thanks guys.
    Send me info on how to donate
    hmm, so the keylight cab in the tomtom zip must be backlevel. Ooops.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I do have a question. When i hit the hard key assigned to toggle the keayborard light on and off it works great in any screen (today, WMP etc...) but when in TomTom and hit the hot key, it exits the tomtom screen first then turns off the light. Is there a way to toggle on/off and stay in the tomtom app?

Also, just curious. I noticed that before treo backlight when in WMP the toggle function would turn the screen COMPLETELY off, but with the treo backlight app it turns it black, but the backlight on the screen remains on in a dimmed black mode? Just wondering why?

I do like the app though
    Last edited by audicy; 03/12/2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: adding
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by audicy View Post
    I do have a question. When i hit the hard key assigned to toggle the keayborard light on and off it works great in any screen (today, WMP etc...) but when in TomTom and hit the hot key, it exits the tomtom screen first then turns off the light. Is there a way to toggle on/off and stay in the tomtom app?

Also, just curious. I noticed that before treo backlight when in WMP the toggle function would turn the screen COMPLETELY off, but with the treo backlight app it turns it black, but the backlight on the screen remains on in a dimmed black mode? Just wondering why?

I do like the app though
    1)Download tomtom stealth.when actavated it turns keylight off on tomtom start.
    2) dimmed Black mode?
    hmm you lost me there.
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, so the keylight cab in the tomtom zip must be backlevel. Ooops.
    nope it was hanniptized.lol
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast