Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    This is wierd. I test this 5 or 6 times now and still does it. I wonder if this could just be with my unit, or with the TELUS firmware?

BTW, Windows Media player has ALWAY does this. Even before I got the keylight off program whenever I would toggle the screen in WMP it would turn on the keylights.
  2.    #102  
    so you turn keylight off with treo keylight you then start media playayer and keylights come back on?

I will explain further
    keylight off-"kyl0:", 0 )
    Keylight on-"kyl0:", 4 )
    The values above are in your registry.The only way the keylights could turn back on using treo keylight-keylights off is if media player changes the value back to 4.
    That doesn't happen.media player does not touch that value it works in the back round with screen dim values.
    If the new telus firmware delves into that value it would be very odd to say the least.
    sorry for the edit
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/01/2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: sorry for the edit
    ok, please excuse me for being retarded. when I first started using mort, I was putting the scripts in my windows/start menu/programs/morty folder. sometimes I would also have to put a short cut, of the same script, into the windows/start up folder.

my questions first started after installing the reminder1.1. I didn't see anything added to the windows/start menu/programs/morty folder. I though something was wrong. since it was done automatically with the cab, I started asking questions.

when slingbox said...
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    very odd cody.The cab file path sends The REMINDER folder to the mortscript folder.
    You do have your mortscript folder in programs correct.
    and I didn't have a REMINDER folder in my windows/start menu/programs/morty folder, I started think something went wrong.

slingbox, I thank you for all your help through pm's and email. I have some newer screenshots that I will send you if you want. never the less, I have done what you told me and still have no REMINDER folder in my windows/start menu/programs/morty folder. I do however have a REMINDER folder in my program files/mortscript folder. this is not where you told me it should have been, and I have never checked there cause I have never done anything in this folder with the other scripts. I don't know what exactly is going on, but everything seems to work fine.

I'm am/was just trying to figure out how to do all this. I may never understand how to write scripts, but I think I SHOULD atleast understand how and where to install them. which, from the last few posts, doesn't seem to be going so good.

I just feel like a helpless begger. having to rely on you guys so much to get this going. I really wish someone would write a book called "scripting for dumbies". I would buy it forsure. you guys have done a great job with all this. I just wish I could pay with you guys.

anyhow....

thanks, cody
  4.    #104  
    hmm not a begger cody so no worries.We will figure it out
    By the way how is the treo keylight app working for you?

And yes throw screen shots in a e-mail
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/01/2007 at 12:45 PM.
    ok, I emailed this the slingbox, but figured I would post it here for others.

Here are some screen shots.

The first three are before installing reminder1.1.

1. windows/startup folder
    2. windows/startmenu/programs/mortscript folder
    3. Program files/mortscript folder

The next three are after the reminder1.1 install and softrest.

4. windows/startup folder
    5. windows/startmenu/programs/mortscript folder
    6. Program files/mortscript folder

The last one is of my documents (#7)

Thanks, cody
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #106  
    Is Reminder 1.1 working on device?
    It appears everything looks dandy
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/01/2007 at 01:19 PM.
    hmm not a begger cody so no worries.We will figure it out
    By the way how is the treo keylight app working for you?

And yes throw screen shots in a e-mail
    the treo light is working great. I have had no problems what so ever. I use it with slingbox and windows media player, and have seen anything wrong at all.

the reminder is working great as well. it all ways has. just some confusion on where it was installed.

I have taking my multiswitch script and changed the "keylight" to "treokeylight" to make it work with the new keylight. this multiswitch was the keylight toggle and folder switch while in poutlook that hannip wrote for me. I just re-named it to treoswitch when I changed it.

the only scripts I use are the treoswitch (mulitswitch) and the nled.

I would someday like to get a "ultimate-multiswitch" script that would do everthing that is available. I don't have ae button plus so I like having one button do different things at different times.

everything seems fine on the script side. the only problems are on the user side. lol

cody
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    the treo light is working great. I have had no problems what so ever. I use it with slingbox and windows media player, and have seen anything wrong at all.

the reminder is working great as well. it all ways has. just some confusion on where it was installed.

I have taking my multiswitch script and changed the "keylight" to "treokeylight" to make it work with the new keylight. this multiswitch was the keylight toggle and folder switch while in poutlook that hannip wrote for me. I just re-named it to treoswitch when I changed it.

the only scripts I use are the treoswitch (mulitswitch) and the nled.

I would someday like to get a "ultimate-multiswitch" script that would do everthing that is available. I don't have ae button plus so I like having one button do different things at different times.

everything seems fine on the script side. the only problems are on the user side. lol

cody
    Cody it looks like the first install did not take.That sometimes happens with cab files.your second install is perfect
    Cody it looks like the first install did not take.That sometimes happens with cab files.your second install is perfect
    right on. thanks
    Can Anyone Using Treo Keylight That Is Having Problems With Keeping Keylights Off And On Please Speak Up.There,s been over 200 hundred downloads in total.
    I can verify that when screen goes off in MortPlayer or WMP, Keyboard lights up. This is with Sprint 700WX.

edit: In WMP this is not a simple screen dim, but toggling the screen by setting a hardware button
    Last edited by volwrath; 03/01/2007 at 07:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    I can verify that when screen goes off in MortPlayer or WMP, Keyboard lights up. This is with Sprint 700WX.

edit: In WMP this is not a simple screen dim, but toggling the screen by setting a hardware button

I have a sprint 700wx as well. I just played an online clip in WMP. Screen doesn't dim until the clip finished played. Then 1 min later the screen goes dark. But keyboard lights remained off the whole time.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    about where to put the scripts, i woud put it in (program files/mortscript)...it would work there but then somehow it would move the scripts to my (documents/mortscript)....i have yet to install them to (windows/start menu/programs/mortscript)....but it works for me with shortcuts to (documents/mortscript) is this right or should i put them in the windows mortscript folder??
  13.    #113  
    I just built a patch to fix to a problem that was pretty well hidden.When using media player you can assign a key to turn off screen.when turn off screen the keys light up and that should not happen I'm posting new cab download in 30 min that will fix that problem
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/01/2007 at 08:21 PM.
    Hey Sling. I know it's a pain, but could you also just post the updated script for those of us that don't need the whole cab install? Much appreciated!

Edit: Nevermind. I think I can get it out of the cab via WinRAR.
  15.    #115  
    No problem Kaiguy.
    Sorry about the bug miss but it sometimes happens
    Phil c

####################################################
    # Treo Keylight.mscr - keylight Control
    #

# SLINGHANN KEYLIGHT.SLINGBOX/HANNIP TREOCENTRAL
    #

x = RegRead("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:" )

If ( x = 4 )
    Call KeylightOn
    Else
    Call KeylightOff
    EndIf

Sleep 500
    ToggleDisplay(on)

Sub KeylightOn

RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )

EndSub

Sub KeylightOff
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\ScreenOff", "kyl0:", 4 )

RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )

EndSub
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/01/2007 at 10:43 PM.
    Thanks Sling. And please don't worry about the bug. We're your beta testers!! I take it the fix was adding in a few reg writes on the screen state?
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Thanks Sling. And please don't worry about the bug. We're your beta testers!! I take it the fix was adding in a few reg writes on the screen state?
    Thanks my friend.I had that value in the first cab post but some how it got lost but all is well it is now added back in.
    Sling, that regwrite at the top is redundant and not needed. Sorry to be picking. I know you are tired.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Sling, that regwrite at the top is redundant and not needed. Sorry to be picking. I know you are tired.
    No problem hannip.just a little tired.I made adjustment
    Now I must sleep
    Phil C
    Can we say it's perfect again? hehe

Working superbly for me.