1.    #1  
    hello, i recently placed a post out there for help getting a call tone downloaded. the information that i was given was good but i didn't know how to do all of the internet downloading. does anyone have any information they can share to help me get call tones added to my 700wx
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Once you are connected to active sync you need to open the "Explore" option in active sync so you can view the folders on the Treo. Then navigate to the \Application Data\Sounds folder.

Now open your file explorer on your computer, find the "call tone" you want on your phone and drag it to the \Application Data\Sounds folder on the Treo.

Now you can go to you sounds and notification settings on your Treo and choose your "call tone" there or you can go to contacts and choose individual ringtones there.

Make sense?
    Go Bucks!
  3. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I think he's refering to something like ringback tones that someone would here when they call you.
    I have been wondering bout how to add this as well to my wx...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    I think he's refering to something like ringback tones that someone would here when they call you.
    You need to call your providor and have them add it on (as long as the WX is a compatible phone). It is not an app-type function (that I know of), but a service provided by a carrier (I have a phone that has ring-back with VZW (not my WX), and it is a couple bucks a month)
    ye thats why Im wondering if anyone will chime in with a WX if they got the call tones...

I used to have it on my other phone and ud go to sprint.com and just add it... but now with the new phone (wx) the feature isnt even available...
    Quote Originally Posted by pi3yeargrad View Post
    ye thats why Im wondering if anyone will chime in with a WX if they got the call tones...

I used to have it on my other phone and ud go to sprint.com and just add it... but now with the new phone (wx) the feature isnt even available...
    Good news....I just called VZW, and the ring-back tones are managed by them VIA voicemail (I didn't ask how LOL), NOT by the phone, so any phone is able to utilize them....just go on-line, look up the tone you like, and sign up!!!!

Hope this answers your question!!
    I got Sprint...but Ill give em a call and see whats up...
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'd like to know what sprint has to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr004 View Post
    I'd like to know what sprint has to say.
    Never got a chance to call... anyone else?