Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Great new app just released for WM5. It's called PushEffect. I downloaded a 7 day free trial, installed it on my 700wx, now I've got push mail from Gmail! and it really works well. No server fees, clean, simple, fast!

This thing is an add-on for Messaging. It sits running in the background and "monitors" all your email accounts in Messaging. You set up a "hidden" SMS signal which gets sent to your phone from the mail server.

When PushEffect "sees" this hidden SMS signal from the server, it has Messaging download the message. It does this in the background, and it's quick! It was faster than my hosted Exchange account!

My guess is that it will work with any mail server which can forward a new message as an SMS to your phone (most ISP's POP mail can do this, etc.). I tried it with my ISP mail and a Gmail account and it worked great!

It adds a whole slew of other features (the auto send and auto attachment downloads were great!), I copied this from the company's web site www.qorefunctions.com (I guess its pronounced "corefunctions"?):

Adds New Features to the Messaging Application
    Push-Style Automatic Message Retrieval
    Keep Your EXISTING Email Account
    Works with Gmail, Yahoo Mail Plus, most ISP, POP3, IMAP Accounts*
    Monitors Multiple Accounts Simultaneously (Personal, Work, etc.)
    Exchange Server/imap IDLE Server NOT required
    No Need to Keep PC Turned On to use as Redirector
    Automatically Sends Messages (No More Send/Receive)
    1 Click Download of Attachments/Rest of Message (No More Send/Receive)
    Notification Window for New Messages (All Accounts including Outlook)
    User Selectable Sound for New Messages (All Accounts Including Outlook)
    Optional Vibration for New Messages (All Accounts Including Outlook)
    User Selectable Sleep Period (So You Won't Be Disturbed!)
    Small Application Runs Directly on Device
    NO Monthly Server Fees

If you have a text messaging plan, this thing is really convenient. Although you don't need a plan for Auto send, auto attachment download, etc. Besides the auto receive (push), the other features are well worth the price.

It really is an amazing little app which I would now consider a must have!

I've been using it all day and have been sending and receiving in near real-time from my Gmail and ISP POP account! It was faster than my hosted Exchange account AND I get to keep my original reply to! I would consider it a must have. Check it out!
    Last edited by wannatreo; 03/05/2007 at 03:08 PM.
    URL IS BAD! Please fix it!
    Anyone tried that solution? Feedback?

http://www.qorefunctions.com/
    :-( It uses SMS to trigger send-receive
    I tried it, but it doesn't work.. I am assuming it doesnt work because I have the threaded SMS hack installed on my Treo. If that is the case, if the developer found a way to get it to work with the SMS hack installed, that would be tight!
    I have the SMS threaded hack, and run this program, and it works perfect.

This is on my 700WX.
    That's wierd... argh I want it to work for me!
    I wish I had some tips for you to make it work. What are all the programs you have running on your device?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint 6700 with the hack installed and can not get PuchEffect to work.
    I tried this and it worked with the SMS threaded hack...however, I don't get a new email notification. The SMS icon shows up...and then the emails get downloaded, but there isn't any indication of a new email.
    Last edited by Tranman; 03/03/2007 at 09:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranman View Post
    I tried this and it worked with the SMS threaded hack...however, I don't get a new email notification. The SMS icon shows up...and then the emails get downloaded, but there isn't any indication of a new email.
    PuchEffect never triggers the send and receive on my 6700.
  12.    #12  
    Works fine on my 700wx. I depend on it everyday. It is AWESOME! Worth every penny. The other features are also fantastic, auto send, 1 click attachment downloads, sleep period.

Definitely a MUST HAVE!

FYI, have a few friends with the 6700, all installed PushEffect and use it without ANY problems. Very solid and reliable!

The correct url is www.qorefunctions.com
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo View Post
    Works fine on my 700wx. I depend on it everyday. It is AWESOME! Worth every penny. The other features are also fantastic, auto send, 1 click attachment downloads, sleep period.

Definitely a MUST HAVE!

FYI, have a few friends with the 6700, all installed PushEffect and use it without ANY problems. Very solid and reliable!

The correct url is www.qorefunctions.com

Do you have the Palm Threaded SMS Messaging Application installed on the 6700?
    Hello,

Causerie Messenger supports email notifications along with IM. If your email account supports IMAP, you will see an email notification as an IM. I do not have datasheet handy but it takes less than 30 seconds to be notified of new email.

It shows the body of the message and you can reply to it as an IM and it goes out as an email as well.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanns View Post
    Do you have the Palm Threaded SMS Messaging Application installed on the 6700?
    I don't. But I have had absolutely no issues with it otherwise. It is very solid and reliable. My messages from Gmail arrive faster than my Exchange mail!
  16.    #16  
    Oh in case anyone is interested, there is a special on PushEffect ($19.95) through March 15 according to the developers web site. Then it goes back to $29.95. A bunch of my friends just downloaded and purchased it.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo View Post
    I don't. But I have had absolutely no issues with it otherwise. It is very solid and reliable. My messages from Gmail arrive faster than my Exchange mail!
    That's what I needed. to know. I now need to decide if Push email is more important than threaded SMS.

But I am still curious if anyone is using the Palm Messaging app with PushEffect on a 6700 and exhibiting the same problems as I am.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have completely removed the Palm Messaging App and got PushEffect to work. It is a really great application but I now miss the threaded SMS application.
  19.    #19  
    Glad to hear it. PushEffect certainly is a great application that adds some much needed features to Messaging.
    So the "PushEffect" will alert when a new email has arrived without having to sign on the internet? Or does the Treo need to be on the net at that time??

Also, a silly question, I thought "SMS" was sending a pic and text was text sending. A "threading SMS" is the text messaging that reads like a conversation like on the palm based 600 and 650?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast