1.    #1  
    Hey everyone... I was just wondering if any of you have noticed the delay in the 'puash' enail on the 700wx? I seem to get a delay from 1 to 10 minutes between when the email arrives in my email and when it gets to my device. I am in strong signal area (with 1x no evdo). is this normal? anyone have any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    Btw, I am syncing with ms exchange 2003.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    No, I use 4smartphone and my WX actually receives email BEFORE my PC's do.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I have my own Exchange Server sitting in the file room 50 feet from my office connected by 100MB ethernet. My Treo 700wx buzzes to notify me of a new email before the notification pops up on my workstation.
  5.    #5  
    ummmm... I wonder why this is? is this is setting that I don't have right on my treo? I have it set to 'when new mail arrives'. or is this something on the ms exchange server?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I have my own Exchange Server sitting in the file room 50 feet from my office connected by 100MB ethernet. My Treo 700wx buzzes to notify me of a new email before the notification pops up on my workstation.

Same here, although using Outlook in Cached mode probably slows it a bit. Gotta say one thing for WM Push, it is faster than BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). But then again, our e-mails don't have to travel to Canada first!
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    No, I use 4smartphone and my WX actually receives email BEFORE my PC's do.
    me too. in fact if I send a message to myself to test with... I send it from my 4smartphone account to my gmail account then that is forwarded to my 4smartphone account. I get it about 2-5 seconds after I hit send.

I hope you figure out you problems cause this push thing is better than I had with my blackberry. way fast.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Yup - Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000 here, and push email is lighting fast.

Push does suck up battery life like it is no ones business though...sheesh.
  9.    #9  
    Perhaps I will try doing a hard reset and loading up exchange again. I'll let you all know what I find out.
  10.    #10  
    one other quick question.... with push on do what kind of % per hour drain do you usually get?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djdurance View Post
    one other quick question.... with push on do what kind of % per hour drain do you usually get?
    It really depends on how many e-mails I get in a day. On an average-to-busy day I'd guess 10%/hr. On a slower day (or weekend) much, much less drain. That's one area where Blackberry/RIM have WM beat. To compensate, I keep chargers everywhere. One in each vehicle, one at home and one at my office. I find I normally just charge each night and plug in when I'm at my desk. I've also found that with one of the USB sync cables that enables charging, the USB power is about equal to, if not a little greater than, the drain of tethering, so keeping plugged into USB with a 3rd party cable is another battery saving trick.
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    DJ,

You can turn on verbose logging on your device to try and get more information about what might be causing the delays.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sol...oy/msfp_c.mspx

That is the article you want... you'll need to look for the portion that describes turning on verbose logging on the device.

AFA battery...

I can easily go two days without recharging if I stay in town (770w or 700wx)(i.e. dont switch towers alot or roam). If you are getting poor battery life you might have your IT folks check the firewall settings for SSL session timeouts. This is also described in the above article.

I manage both Exchange (Frontend/Backend/Cluster) and a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) and the Blackberry devices get messages ahead of the WM 5.0 devices AND tend to be much more reliable with delivery. Not that the WM 5.0 devices are not reliable.. just the BES is MORE reliable. But that is just my experience.

Personally I prefer ActiveSync as it eliminates the BES, NOC, provisioning etc....

13.    #13  
    So... i got this working. thanks for everyone's help. I ended up doing a hard reset and imediately the push email began working. Very sweet indeed. Looks like it is as quick as the BES... Battery is a bit of a hog. Have the 2400 mah battery and was able to get through a day from 730 to 630 with push, 2.5 hours of calls and 30 minutes of video. Might have to make the plunge to 3200 mah. We'll see though!