Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Has anyone here purchased the 7000wx on verizon without cashing in their NE2 discount? I'm about ready to throw my 700w out the window with its "not enough memory" messages, but unfortunately my NE2 isn't up until November. I was told I could do an early upgrade in March with a 2yr contract renewal but the best deal I could get then is $399 as I would only qualify for the $100 mail-in rebate (if it's still available then).

What's the best deal anyone here has gotten on the 700wx without NE2?
    well i think I have the worst deal (619 retail at VZW store), however the smile on my face from not having to deal with the 700w is worth the hole in my wallet.

Get to the store as quick as you can!!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    well i think I have the worst deal (619 retail at VZW store), however the smile on my face from not having to deal with the 700w is worth the hole in my wallet.

I can't possibly justify spending $600 for it. I was all set to pull the trigger at $299 until my CSR told me that she didn't read the fine print on one of the discounts.

Didn't you at least get the $100 mail-in rebate though? It's still too expensive at $519 but a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks.
    Nope, they said I was not eligible for any rebates. I figure I will dump my 700w on ebay for 200 or 300 (whatever the going rate is these days) & it will help pay for the 700wx.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    You should double-check that rebate thing. I'm pretty sure everyone qualifies for the $100 mail-in.
    However, it is still worth the price. The device really has a day & night performance difference.

I figured if the wx wasnt to different, I would bring it back to the store. I am keeping it for sure!!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    What if I added a 2nd line to my account, purchased the 700wx at whatever discounted price you can get for adding a 2nd line and then cancelled that 2nd line the next day? Could I then keep the 700wx and just do an ESN change online? Do they make you return the equipment in that scenario or can you choose to keep the equipment?

OR

Could I have someone (mother?) sign up for a new VZW contract, have them get the 700wx, cancel their service the next day and give me the 700wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    What if I added a 2nd line to my account, purchased the 700wx at whatever discounted price you can get for adding a 2nd line and then cancelled that 2nd line the next day? Could I then keep the 700wx and just do an ESN change online? Do they make you return the equipment in that scenario or can you choose to keep the equipment?

OR

Could I have someone (mother?) sign up for a new VZW contract, have them get the 700wx, cancel their service the next day and give me the 700wx?
    Unfortunately, you get nailed with the early termination fee if you decide to keep the phone but kill the contract. The best you may be up for is the $100 mail-in rebate on the 2-year contract. (I believe that second $100 for voice/data runs with the NE2 timing, but I have absolute faith that you know how to find out)

Don't forget that if you decide to upgrade now instead of November, you can still get $250+ on ebay for your 700w. That takes the sting out of the upgrade.

NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post

Agreed!!!
    Okay I just got mine ordered here is what I got.

$432.39 before mail in rebate
    $150.00 mail in rebate

Price after rebate $282.39 does not effect my NE2 and I talked them into shipping it overnight. Not free but I feel this is a pretty good deal. Lke others have said I will Ebay my 700w and find it a home to some other unsuspecting techie.

Just FYI,
    Doug
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhegge View Post
    Okay I just got mine ordered here is what I got.

$432.39 before mail in rebate
    $150.00 mail in rebate

Price after rebate $282.39 does not effect my NE2 and I talked them into shipping it overnight. Not free but I feel this is a pretty good deal. Lke others have said I will Ebay my 700w and find it a home to some other unsuspecting techie.

Just FYI,
    Doug
    How the heck did you get that deal? I would do that in a second.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileRealtor View Post
    Unfortunately, you get nailed with the early termination fee if you decide to keep the phone but kill the contract.
    That sounds right to me but I didn't see any reference to that in the customer agreement as I went through the steps on the website (I stopped short of actually pulling the trigger of course). Do you know for a fact that they hit you with the ETF if you don't send back the phone? Again, that makes sense but unless I missed it, I didn't see that in the agreement.
    I just called support and told them that I wanted to upgrade to a 700wx. They checked and told me hat I was not eligible for the NE2 which I knew, and did not want to use anyway. I am a good customer of theres use 4000 minutes a month and have 4 other phones for family. I think they felt sorry for me. I have had numerous problems with 700w in the past and made sure that all of them were logged. I was very suprised. Then they told me that I had 15 days to try the new phone. I explained to the person on the phone that I am leaving for a week in two days thus in order to utilize the 15 day trial I would have to have the phone next day. She asked a supervisor and well the rest is history I hope. I will post when the phone finally gets here an if the paper and price all works out as advertized.

I still don't know where the $150.00 rebate came from I thought that it was $100.00 go figure. I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth

Doug
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhegge View Post
    I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth

Doug

You are a very smart (and lucky) man - I wouldn't question that deal either. I'm not buying the whole "I think they felt sorry for me" theory though - most of those CSRs are heartless bastards! Seriously though, definitely post back once you've gotten the phone and checked out the paperwork - I'm very curious to see if that deal holds true.