Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Just got a 750 and I need use of cell phone around an hour plus a day. I have had the 750 for a couple of days (weekend-very few calls) and the battery will not last a day. That is with 15-30 minutes of cell talk time! I have been reading the posts trying to figure out if there is a way to preserve more battery life.
    Someone suggested a program that turns off the GSM signal when "not in use". My questions are:
    If I hit up the internet or do a text, will it automatically come back on?
    I have the 750 set to check my POP account every 60 minutes, yet it is constantly giving me my mail as it arrives (gmail). Do I have something set up wrong?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Sorry, meant turn off GPRS, UMTS, etc.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    OK! I think I found something. There is a problem with the Polling. When you go to Email-Menu-Deliver Pref-, If you have that box checked to "check for messages every xx Seconds. That is not working right and that is what is Killin our batteries. Mine I have set to check every 60 Minutes. It is checking every minute or 2. HELL!!!!!

I turned that option off, and will be working the phone tomorrow. Will post up what kind of difference I see in Battery Life.

Anyone having this same issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by b00001 View Post
    OK! I think I found something. There is a problem with the Polling. When you go to Email-Menu-Deliver Pref-, If you have that box checked to "check for messages every xx Seconds. That is not working right and that is what is Killin our batteries. Mine I have set to check every 60 Minutes. It is checking every minute or 2. HELL!!!!!

I turned that option off, and will be working the phone tomorrow. Will post up what kind of difference I see in Battery Life.

Anyone having this same issue?
    I'm having exactly the same issue. It doesn't matter whether I have the box checked or unchecked, my 750v polls for email every couple of minutes. The only way to stop it is to switch off the phone. I spoke to Vodafone today and they seem to know about the issue. They told me to take it into my local Vodafone store to sort out. In the meantime it is costing me a fortune in extra data calls.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Oh, so this can be added to the list of 750v problems? I am glad I sold it. I really hope Palm updates the software on the phone because it really seems like it could be so nice. It is the right size, the right feel, and all the right parts...but it is not reliable!