1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the 750 will get a PTT upgrade? I have read that the 8525/Tytn and the treo 680 will be getting the PTT upgrade before the end of Q1,, maybe the beginning of Q2. I am trying to decide between the Tytn or the 750. Anyone have any info?
    The 750 will have PTT...in Europe. Cingular has not released any info claiming to add it to their 750 however. But in Europe that side button is referred to as the PTT BUTTON now.
    Please excuse the ignorant question. But what are the advantages of push to talk? I use my device mostly for business and a little bit of personal use. I am always annoyed by those folks using PTT on Nextel where you can here everything that is being said on both sides. I am sure there are some good applications of PTT, but I have never used it.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    PTT is a way for Cingular to try to draw business away from Nextel.
    I'm curious also..... does PTT offer some convenience that I may be unaware of?
    Hi all I have atreo 750v but I think it does not have PTT.
    Maybe I am mistaking
    Quote Originally Posted by smmonla View Post
    Hi all I have atreo 750v but I think it does not have PTT.
    Maybe I am mistaking
    From what I understand it will be available to download for your phone later.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    Please excuse the ignorant question. But what are the advantages of push to talk? I use my device mostly for business and a little bit of personal use. I am always annoyed by those folks using PTT on Nextel where you can here everything that is being said on both sides. I am sure there are some good applications of PTT, but I have never used it.
    I'm a current Nextel user, looking to move to a Treo in the near future. PTT is quick way to communicate. If the person is available you can have your conversation. Mind you, you can turn the speaker of and talk in private not for the world to hear. If the person is not available then you move on. Some people don't like to leave voicemails and would rather beep someone at a later time. PTT takes some getting use to. Some people like it and some don't. I have lot's a friends and family, coworkers who use it. I think people who like it are kind of reliving their childhood when they had walkie talkies. I've been with Nextel 7+ years and I gotta tell ya I'm going thru withdrawls just thinking about giving up PTT.

My .02

hermdog
    Thanks for the info. I agree with the people your talking about. I hate calling to check my voicemail. Text and email are a lot more convenient.